Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Freezing Up

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

So I was playing last night on the 360 for about an hour and the game completely froze up. I googled "Dark Souls Freezing Xbox 360" and it looks like this is quite an issue with the game currently. Any of you guys and gals experienced freezing issues?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss

I've played probably around 8 hours of the 360 version with no freezing. 

Framerate issues, but no freezing yet.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm heading out to go buy it in a few minutes so I hope it doesn't!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MetalBaofu

Freezing has always been an issue with my 360 in general, no matter what game I'm playing. Which is part of the reason I got Dark Souls for PS3. That being said, I have had my PS3 copy freeze once while I was on the inventory screen...hopefully it won't do that again.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chop

I haven't had my ps3 copy freeze but man that framerate got half a step away from unplayable in blightown. Stupid thing ended up giving me a headache.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By topsteer

I'm on PS3 and it has frozen on me three or four times so far in about twenty hours. Two of those freezes were close to crystal geckos and the others froze in the inventory screen.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By metalmoog

Hope it's not my 360 then. It's only 2 weeks old. It does get hot as hell at the top where the fan is. Way hotter than my old 360 Elite did.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By Timing

PS3 version here. Game probably froze about twenty times over the course of fifty-ish hours of play. I never lost more than a few minutes worth of progress, and most times I started back right where it froze. The places and times it did seemed completely random. They also occasionally happened during boss fights, where the music would keep playing but the rest of the game would freeze.

I downloaded patch 1.03 yesterday and played for a few hours after that, and hasn't frozen yet. Don't know if it's related or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.