Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Game breaking glitch?

Swansong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Swansong

So i was buying that stuff that lets you fight ghosts from that merch lady,i got shot by an arrow by that skelly archer near her..i go kill em, but now she does not give me the option to by that stuff to kill ghosts..so i am un able to fight ghosts and i cant go to the lando ruins... : (

silentghost227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By silentghost227

I am pretty sure there are a few transient curses in the ruins found off dead bodies. Or you could just get cursed for real. I think the frogs in the depths do that and just get a curse removal from the guy in the tower by the first bell. Once you can kill the ghosts, they might drop a weapon that can hurt them even when you are not cursed.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rave

You are fine. Go get cursed by the frogs and you can damage ghosts. You can farm transient curses from them or once in a while they will drop a blade that can be used on ghosts.

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AxleBro

not a glitch if you fucked up.

but yea, getting cursed sucks and all but.... gotta do what ya gotta do.

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eastcoasteric

I'm pretty sure magic works too? I might be wrong though, I know you have to be cursed to fight them though.

BUT just because you have to be cursed, doesn't mean you have to take the health penalty.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @eastcoasteric said:

I'm pretty sure magic works too? I might be wrong though, I know you have to be cursed to fight them though.

You also have to be cursed to damage them with magic.
    McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McShank

DONT get cursed, there is a way to fix this! It happened to me (I hit her on accident since shes so ugly :D) I had to do the forest soul farming to get 100k souls but it made it so i could fix all my sins. The belltower merchant will Clean your slate if you pay him 100k souls which means anyone you attacked (but not killed) or betrayed (Covenant) will like you again. The merchant would swear at me all day but now she loves me again. New Londo is easy to clear once you have the dmg to kill the ghosts easily and they do drop the transiant curses pretty regularly but it is always nice to have someone who will sell them to you when you need them. She also sells humanity which is great since I need a ton for the Chaos Covenant.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rave

Its not 100 k souls to pay him off it's 2000x your experience I believe so the higher yoy soul rank the more it costs

Swansong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Swansong

Thanks guys, i mostly am a lurker on the boards but i was freaking out..Thanks again for all your tips and info.now back to my addiction lol love this game..

Swansong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Swansong

Heyt guys i just farmed 72,000 souls for absolution and guess what she will sell me everything but what i need to fight ghosts.that stuff just doesnt show up in the trade window at all now : (...the opnly thing i can think of is when i was attacked the trade window was up for buying it and when i went to attack the skelly it was gone..i have no option to buy the ghost fighting stuff..looks like i gotta go get cursed lol

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By FateOfNever

You can also just wait until later in the game when you get access to cursed weapons.

Swansong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Swansong

i got cursed farmed a bunch of tht curse stuff i am good to go..but you're right i could have waited but i was too antsy..just know guys if you're attacked while trade window is up it could happen to anyone.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Swansong: Apparently she only sells 6 of the Transient Curses, maybe you bought em all?
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Kyle

@Rave said:

Its not 100 k souls to pay him off it's 2000x your experience I believe so the higher yoy soul rank the more it costs

You're right, the cost for absolution is your soul level x2000 souls, so if you're soul level 54, it would cost 108,000 souls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.