Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Got invaded over 5 times in a row WTFFFFFFF!

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

Ive been recently complaining how theirs not much people invading me, i just killed the hydra, went up the ladder, then i kept being invaded 1 after the other! overall 5 times!!! i managed to kill all of them but barely plus i had to put up with the locals (tress and that), i was never put in a more harder situation then i was their today,  is this becuase i killed the chaos covenant leader? jesus christ!

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Join "Way of White," it's supposed to keep you from being invaded as often. Or just go around hollow. These work for me.

burnquest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By burnquest

There's a specific Covenant you can join in the Forest you're currently in that will summon you into the forest to "defend" it against any human that comes in. Those guys were being auto-summoned to fight you from anywhere else on your server because they were in that convenant.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Barrabas

It's because you're in the forest area. The Forest Hunter covenant invades anyone who enters that area that isn't also in the covenant. It even gives you a ring that auto-summons you to invade other's worlds when they enter the forest. Either go hollow or enter the covenant yourself to prevent it.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McShank

Umm. your in the forest covenant territory. You will be invaded constantly if your not in that covenant (The cat, dont attack the cat!) Or if your hollowed. I just ran in to kill sif NG+ and forgot i was human. I was invaded by 2 blue phantoms (forest covenant) and 1 black phantom (Just a random invader).. I sat on the ledge and waved then jumped off. No point in getting triple teamed.

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mitter

Once I got invaded 4 times in a row. It's really frustrating if you manage to kill 3 and then the last one backstabs you...

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @McShank: u can be attacked by 3 humans at a time wtf??!!!!
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

@GeneralMojo_786:

Yea you can. I am a member of the forest hunter covenant and we are continually summoned until the intruder dies or leaves.

@McShank said:

Umm. your in the forest covenant territory. You will be invaded constantly if your not in that covenant (The cat, dont attack the cat!) Or if your hollowed. I just ran in to kill sif NG+ and forgot i was human. I was invaded by 2 blue phantoms (forest covenant) and 1 black phantom (Just a random invader).. I sat on the ledge and waved then jumped off. No point in getting triple teamed.

You would be surprised, i'd say one in five people just jump of if there are more then 2 phantoms.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

Good god the forest is so annoying. Went there in human form for the first time today, got invaded immediately. Killed the guy and tried to walk out. Immediately got invaded by another so couldn't get out. Kill him too. TWO MORE PEOPLE INVADE and that's just too much to handle after the bruising I've already taken so they get to take turns backstabbing me. JOLLY PVP ACTION.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CptBedlam

Love these stories. That forest hunter covenant thing is such a great concept.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Pull out your internet or don't go there then! Works for me.

Avatar image for lady_of_the_patriots
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

@McShank: u can be attacked by 3 humans at a time wtf??!!!!

You can get attacked by 4 people.

The forest covenant is a bitch. Be careful.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nadril

What level are you guys that are getting invaded there. My lvl 65 guy nor 125 guy ever get attacked there. 

Rizaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rizaun

I get invaded so much by Blades of the Darkmoon guys that i just either play offline or d/c whenever i'm in Anor Londo. I hate playing as a hollow and i can't spend 4 minutes in there without getting invaded for doing bad things in there :D

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mirado

@Rizaun: Another satisfied customer. :D

Blades of the Darkmoon is so much fun, although I am pretty jealous of the Forest Hunter guys as they seem to get spawned in way more often then we do.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Turambar
    @Nadril said:

What level are you guys that are getting invaded there. My lvl 65 guy nor 125 guy ever get attacked there. 

The forest covenant does not follow the 10% of soul level rule.  I was repeatedly summoned against a lv 315 guy, or so he said when we messaged each other over PSN.  But it makes sense as it explains how I am fighting people with over 2k hp and is wearing the smough armor, dual wielding smough hammers, and is still under 50% encumbrance based on their roll.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Turambar
    @Mirado said:

@Rizaun: Another satisfied customer. :D

Blades of the Darkmoon is so much fun, although I am pretty jealous of the Forest Hunter guys as they seem to get spawned in way more often then we do.

The arena that we fight in is kinda annoying though because of how innately dark it is.  It makes fighting guys wearing fog rings even more of a pain in the ass.
    Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mirado

@Turambar: It's true, however a) you do get the element of surprise and b) fog rings will be nerfed in the next patch.

Plus, you could always blue orb for sinners in general, although I have less luck doing that, perhaps one in twenty tries. Level/area combo, I guess.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nadril
    @Turambar said:
    @Nadril said:

The forest covenant does not follow the 10% of soul level rule.  I was repeatedly summoned against a lv 315 guy, or so he said when we messaged each other over PSN.  But it makes sense as it explains how I am fighting people with over 2k hp and is wearing the smough armor, dual wielding smough hammers, and is still under 50% encumbrance based on their roll.
    No idea why I never get anyone though then. I used to when they were in their 50's but... 
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Turambar
    @Nadril said:
    @Turambar said:
    @Nadril said:

No idea why I never get anyone though then. I used to when they were in their 50's but... 
    It definitely isn't consistent.  I loaded up some Day9 Dailies while waiting to be summoned.  Spent one hour long episode not getting summoned at all while the second episode had me being summoned every 5-10 minutes.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Turambar
    @Mirado said:

@Turambar: It's true, however a) you do get the element of surprise and b) fog rings will be nerfed in the next patch.

Plus, you could always blue orb for sinners in general, although I have less luck doing that, perhaps one in twenty tries. Level/area combo, I guess.

No surprise honestly.  Forest Covenant is different from Darkmoon in that we still get announced when we warp in.  Actually, oddly, I was darkwraith baiting by staying in human form in the forest (I was in the forest cov, so no worries about my fellow buddies.)  An invader was announced, but he was a blue wraith.  After I died, I was not allowed to indict, meaning he was a Blade of the Darkmoon.  But he was still announced, so who knows.  Things might just be buggy when it comes to that as well.
    Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nadril
    @Turambar said:
    @Mirado said:

No surprise honestly.  Forest Covenant is different from Darkmoon in that we still get announced when we warp in.  Actually, oddly, I was darkwraith baiting by staying in human form in the forest (I was in the forest cov, so no worries about my fellow buddies.)  An invader was announced, but he was a blue wraith.  After I died, I was not allowed to indict, meaning he was a Blade of the Darkmoon.  But he was still announced, so who knows.  Things might just be buggy when it comes to that as well.
    Darkmoon gets announced fyi. 
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Turambar
    @Nadril said:
    @Turambar said:
    @Mirado said:

You've failed me for the last time, Darksouls wiki.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Humanity

@Turambar said:

@Nadril said:

The forest covenant does not follow the 10% of soul level rule. I was repeatedly summoned against a lv 315 guy, or so he said when we messaged each other over PSN. But it makes sense as it explains how I am fighting people with over 2k hp and is wearing the smough armor, dual wielding smough hammers, and is still under 50% encumbrance based on their roll.

Oh really? Well.. I need to make my way over there for some jolly fun unfair PVP action.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aishan

@Turambar said:

@Nadril said:
    @Turambar said:
    @Mirado said:

No surprise honestly. Forest Covenant is different from Darkmoon in that we still get announced when we warp in. Actually, oddly, I was darkwraith baiting by staying in human form in the forest (I was in the forest cov, so no worries about my fellow buddies.) An invader was announced, but he was a blue wraith. After I died, I was not allowed to indict, meaning he was a Blade of the Darkmoon. But he was still announced, so who knows. Things might just be buggy when it comes to that as well.

Darkmoon only gets a "silent invasion" for retribution on people who are in Anor Londo after they turned it dark.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mirado

@Aishan said:

@Turambar said:

@Nadril said:
    @Turambar said:
    @Mirado said:

No surprise honestly. Forest Covenant is different from Darkmoon in that we still get announced when we warp in. Actually, oddly, I was darkwraith baiting by staying in human form in the forest (I was in the forest cov, so no worries about my fellow buddies.) An invader was announced, but he was a blue wraith. After I died, I was not allowed to indict, meaning he was a Blade of the Darkmoon. But he was still announced, so who knows. Things might just be buggy when it comes to that as well.

Darkmoon only gets a "silent invasion" for retribution on people who are in Anor Londo after they turned it dark.

Correct, that's what I meant. The regular old blue orb is announced just like everything else, we only get the benefit of surprise when we get pulled into a dark Anor Londo via the ring.

And you want to talk about being an asshole? Try that + the fog ring + acid cloud surge (keep thinking I'm playing Demon's).+ that slow spell. I was only ever able to pull it off once, but sneaking behind a dude while he's fighting, slowing him to a crawl and then melting all of his weapons/armor is about as bad of a fate as I could come up with.

...err, I mean...that's exactly what those sinners deserve!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By TobbRobb

I was bored and wanted to see how long I could last in the forest, but no one invaded me ;(. Yes I'm completely sure I was online.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mirado

@TobbRobb: You were human, right? That's a requirement for any type of invasion.

As soon as I turn human and step past that gate, I don't think I've gone two minutes without being invaded.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TobbRobb

@Mirado: Yeah I was human, I just ran around stabbing forest critters for half an hour, no one came to stop me ;(.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mirado

@TobbRobb: It's a very specific area, past the first bonfire and the gate that costs 20k to open. I'm not sure how far it extends past the part with the forest bandits, but I know it doesn't go any further behind that door.

You get invaded otherwise, right? Go ahead and stab Gwynevere in Anor Londo, I'll chase you around. :D

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MeierTheRed

I'm in Way of the White, and played 52 hours and only 3 invades so far.

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pieman51

I know your pain bro. I have a history of invaders myself.

- (Undead Burgh) Total of 7 invaders, MAINLY griefers. Came and killed me in the Undead Burgh. Soul Level 22.

- (Depths) Total of 9 invaders, again, MAINLY griefers. Came and killed me near the Gaping Dragon. Soul Level 48.

- (Blight-Town) Total of 4 Invaders, MAINLY griefers. Came and killed me. I was Soul Level 65.

- (Sen's Fortress) Total of 3 invaders. Probably the least amount I've seen, and I killed 2 of em. One of them killed me though. Soul Level 99 (weird SL, eh?)

- (Anor Londo) Total of 8 Invaders. I killed 3, but 5 killed me. I was Soul Level 124.

- (Misc. Areas) Total of 5 Invaders all around Misc. Areas that don't count as towns mainly. I killed all of them, but they tend to be annoying towards story progress.

All In all, I believe I've had it worse. The matchmaking and covenants are REALLY flawed in this game. No other person can tell me otherwise according to the amount of invades I've had above.

I plan on joining the "Sunbro" Covenant. Generally PvE from what I've heard. Need to help more peeps before I can join it though D:

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nadril
    @Aishan said:

@Turambar said:

@Nadril said:
    @Turambar said:
    @Mirado said:

No, they don't. They still get announced for that. 

I've made anor londo dark on both of my characters and it does tell you when they are invading. 
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Chummy8

Damn, online sounds fun as shit

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mirado

@Nadril: Really? I've never been on the receiving end of one of those invasions but I've done quite a few...I guess I always assumed they turned around to meet me because they heard me clunk along in my heavy armor, rather then seeing my name. Ah well, it makes little difference; their armor still melts the same way, prepped or not!

@TekZero: It is when it works. I had an epic 10 minute fight last night around a moveable bridge; every time he'd move the bridge into position to escape, I'd be able to turn it back just in time to cut off his route. Super tense and awesome.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By McShank

I want more people to invade in anor londo.. i need 2 more reprisals till i get the miracles and no one is guilty here! Come on people with SL's between 240-280!!!

DecadentPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By DecadentPimp

I got invaded a ton before fighting Sif - thankfully he was easy enough to beat by myself so I didn't need backup, and therefore didn't need to be in human form.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.