Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Guesses at what Vinny's build will be

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By jclane

Load Our Last Souls is about 9 hours away. Perhaps now is the time for us to start brainstorming what kind of character Vinny is rocking (I don't believe he's ever said what weapons and equipment he was using). The masochistic side of me is secretly hoping that he has somehow stuck with the Drake Sword for the entire playthrough, just to see the chat explode in a blaze of glory. In all likelyhood, he might've stuck with a late game common choice, like the Lightning Spear or the Crystal Halberd. I'm not too familiar with his playstyles in RPGs and the like, so I don't know if there's a thematic consistency to his builds. If his psychotic tendencies in Sleeping Dogs have taught me anything, he may have already killed a large number of the useful NPCs in the world, but hopefully he refrained from doing so as some of Lordran's locals can offer stuff to get you out of a pinch. Pyromancy is a possibility since Vinny started playing Dark Souls when it was unpatched and the pyromancy was still overpowered to kingdom come. Let's hope he wasn't an avid Iron Flesh user.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I believe he was using the Lightning Spear in Anor Londo. He loves spears because he can block and poke away. I don't know if he switched it out for something else or upgraded it.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jclane

@golguin: Hmm, he might be able to beat the game with an upgraded lightning spear, but IIRC the final boss has some degree of lightning resistance. I personally think the Crystal Halberd would be a devastating weapon if upgraded and elemental buffed.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shinjin977

@jclane: doesn't it break easily? also crystal weapons can not be repair right? or have I been missing out on something this whole time?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grissefar

I believe he said he is currently using a Smough's Hammer +2.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: Crystal weapons do break easily and cannot be repaired except when you upgrade them, the durability resets.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If he wants to continue using spears, he should use a +5 Demon's Spear.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inefficient and wasteful.

I.E. The only way it can be.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spears are so boring. F you Rorie.

Hamborgini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see dem weapons RAW, son!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.