Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Harder than Ninja Gaiden Black?

egonlistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By egonlistic

ok so Ninja Gaiden black I remember was a pretty sweet game, although it could be very difficult and frustrating. In fact I never finished the game because I gut stuck on a really hard boss... cant remember which one, and I ended up taking the disc out of my xbox and smashing it. Im 30 now and still have some anger issues with gaming, not like when I was younger though I have gotten better. but I recall breaking many controllers for many systems and even putting a few holes in walls. I never played demon souls (dont have a ps3) and never even heard of it until a week or two ago when I read about dark souls. I must say Dark souls definately has hooked me already, I have been reading as many articles/previews as I can since I heard about it. I havent even played it yet and Im already under its spell. In fact I used my last available vactation day for tuesday so I can head to 24 hour walmart and pick it up when it launches and game all tuesday. Anyways my question is to anyone who has played ninja gaiden black and demon/dark souls how does the diffculty compare honestly?? Im still going to pick it up no matter what Im just scared that it might awaken a demon from within my own dark soul that causes me to smash a 360 controller or my 56 inch plasma!

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Maajin

It is most difficult than the average game, but only because it doesn't hold your hand all the time. I found Ninja Gaiden to be harder and a lot more frustrating. To me, the difficulty of Demon's Souls was fair most of the time.

It presents you with very demanding and methodical challenges, and because of that, they're extremely satisfyning to beat. When I died, almost always it was my own fault for trying to rush or not paying attention.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Enigma777

Hell no. 

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Nate

Mmm. I haven't played it yet, but my impression is you might be smashing things. :) The difference is that Demon's Souls always made me more angry in a slow building way. Die, Die, get a little further, Die. Over and over again. I loved the game, but it was damn hard. Still, Ninja Gaiden black is much more fast paced hack and slash, while this game is an RPG. You'll die a lot and probably get pissed off, but I would think NG Black would be more frustrating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egonlistic: I think you should get a new hobby. Hiking, reading books? Things you won't take your misguided anger out on.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Questionable

Its a very diverent type of hard than ninja gaiden

NG is all about lightning reflexes and finding the proper counter moves for each enemys that you can then spam ad infinitum.

DS is very methodical and is all about utilising youre acquired knowledge, proper item management and knowing how to avoid attacks and when the enemies is leaving his defense open. If you fail you can really only blame yourself.

In ninja gaiden you are constantly being attacked by 5 or 6 enemies at once and the dodge has a huge amount of invincibility frames. in DS most fights will be 1 on 1 clashes and dodging prematurely will get you hit just lead to you getting hit anyway. Its kinda like comparing COD with valkyrie chronicles. Yes in the end you are still aiming down a barrel and firing a gun but the focus is entirely diverent.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Floppypants

Demon's Souls' difficulty can be dramatically eased with the help of a well written walkthrough. I imagine the same will hold true for Dark Souls.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

Hell nah. Well actually Ninja Gaiden Black on Normal? I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls might be harder than that.

Ninja Gaiden Black Hard and Very Hard are definitely harder than the Souls games.

EDIT: thank you for making me upset...

I started thinking about Ninja Gaiden Black and I wanted to play it on my 360 and see it on my HDTV after years of not touching it...and I all I found was the first Ninja Gaiden.

I don't know where I put it and also I noticed Devil May Cry 3 was missing, FFXII and Resident Evil 4...

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Grissefar

I found Demon's Souls to be much harder than Ninja Gaiden on Hard, but that's like comparing apples and watermelons. Ninja Gaiden is fun as hell but you can get far by spamming the right move. Meanwhile Demon's Souls could, even after multiple playthroughs fuck me up completely on several occations.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By EVO

Demon's Souls isn't hard. It just demands patience, which is hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.