Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Hello, my name is Mr.Hellkite dragon and I'm here to P*SS you off

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eastcoasteric

So I'm a level 42 Pyromancer and I decided before I went into the Demons Ruins (because the boss down there just TAPPED me and killed me instantly) that I was going to go fetch myself the Drake Sword finally and banish this big dumb firebreathing douchbag dragon for once and good on the bridge.

So I looked up a few hints on killing him, grabbed my longbow and 100 arrows (tested one hit on his tail which was 30 dam and divided that by his health and gave myself a bunch extra's "just in case") and started picking off this big flaming fuck tard.

So after a few well placed hits, his tail fell off, I was given a great sword and decided to take him out for good.

According to my math I should have been fine with the amount of arrows I had, but nope. LIES.

So after destroying the tail, I found a little spot to get him from underneath the bridge still that was doing MORE damage than actual headshots were doing.

I started picking him off, one by one (sometimes it would glitch out and I could get 4-5 shots on him at once before he came down) and started getting it's health down.

Eventually there came a point where there was a chokehold in it's health...the dragon simply wasn't losing any more health!

I must have spent a good 50 arrows in him or more and his health would not go any further down than 3/4's.

(I only consumed about a quarter of his health)

I did not leave and I paced myself pretty decently, knowing that he can regen on the church rooftop IF you leave to buy more arrows.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Can the dragon heal while you're there fighting him?

Any good pointers for this would help, I just want this big dummy dead and gone and I've heard stories of people killing him in like one hit! WTF!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

@eastcoasteric said:

So I'm a level 42 Pyromancer

I cannot tell you how many times I've used that line on the ladies.

Forever alone.

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eastcoasteric

Hahahahahaha "but listen, he may have a PHD and might be a doctor, but I'm a level 42 Pyromancer"

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

In all seriousness though, I have no idea. Maybe try coming up, shooting him, and then leaving again to chance the possibility of a one-hit-kill.

I shot him to shit and no death for me. Also, the more you leave and come back the more chances you have of him flying into the bridge and dying that way.

Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Kelswitch

Im sure he's killable however watch for him shielding himself with his wings, im sure he recovers around a full quarter of his hp after that.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @eastcoasteric
    Yes the dragon heals up. I believe it's that wing animation he does.
    There is currently 2 main ways to kill him.
    1. is what you are doing, but he glitches out and stops healing
    2. is to go to the tower behind him where the black knight is/was and shoot 1 arrow from there, the dragon will fly off and you will get the souls.
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By swoxx

@N7 said:

@eastcoasteric said:

So I'm a level 42 Pyromancer

I cannot tell you how many times I've used that line on the ladies.

Forever alone.

Brilliant. Thanks for the laugh

sanBASHi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sanBASHi

ehm that is how u COULD do it i think =)

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

I don't think the one-arrow-kill glitch works anymroe post 1.03. So you're stuck trying to...

1. Overwhelm him with arrows
    2. Do it in melee (MADNESS!)
    AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AyKay_47

I pretty much killed him with melee. Was around SL 60 I believe. The hard part was fucking up his legs before he spewed fire. Lots of fire res helped.

Also, I don't know how far into the game you are, but you eventually get a certain bow that's kinda made just for this boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.