Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

How come my summon marks keep disappearing?

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gatehouse

Hi guys,just wanting some help with this brilliant and terrible game.

As the topic says, I keep having my little summon marks disappear whenever I put them down, even when I plonk them next to a bonfire like everyone else.

Am I missing something? Could someone help as I really would like to take part in some jolly cooperation.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ares42

There are certain multiplayer areas of the game, if you leave the area you put your mark it will disappear. Generally any area between a bonfire and the "next" boss is safe, but certain places (like the bonfire by the blacksmith) can be a bit fidgety. If you wanna do coop your best bet is usually to put it either by a bonfire or a boss-door and just stay in the nearby vicinity.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine only went missing when someone invaded me.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

You can't leave the area or it will disappear. You'll be able to figure out the boundaries based on where fog gates appear during invations or by having your sign disappear as you go through a door. I found it to be a bit of a hassle waiting to be summoned so I used a covenant ring to get summoned as well.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hi guys,just wanting some help with this brilliant and terrible game.

As the topic says, I keep having my little summon marks disappear whenever I put them down, even when I plonk them next to a bonfire like everyone else.

Am I missing something? Could someone help as I really would like to take part in some jolly cooperation.

If you literally see your summon sign vanish and you didn't move somewhere and get a message saying your summon sign vanished then you are being invaded. Whenever the fog gates come up and nearby bonfires get extinguished it's a sign that someone is attempting to invade you.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: keep your banish stone in a slot and when it flickers you know your being invaded.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're appearing on the ground then fading away it can often mean your summon sign has effectively been cancelled because someone is attempting to invade you, but failing. Are you human or hollow when you put down the signs? Also, like @ares42 said, some areas are off-limits for placing a sign. An easy way to check for either of these is to have the summon item in your hot-bar and look to see if it greys out a bit to indicate it cannot be used.

announakis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it also happens that sometimes someone summons you but fails to do so for any reason....you would have the message "being summoned to another world..." and then nothing sometimes...and may take some time to tell you "failed to invade" later only...

but the reasons evocated before are the most likely

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.