How did this happen?

#1 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

After I rang the second bell returned to Firelink Shrine the blind girl who improves the estus flask was dead. Because of this I am unable to use the bonfire there, which is a huge bummer. So I explore the lands choosing where to go. The only area I am remotely strong enough for is New Londo Ruins. When I arrive the dude who tells you about the bells in the first place is there and fights me. What gives? I never hit him. Is this meant to happen? I both assume it and hope it is.

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

It is okay, you can fix this man just calm down.

Go back to Firelink Shrine and go down the steps to where the Fire Keeper was. There you should find some items, one of which is a Black Eye Orb.

Later in the game you will be able to use this to invade her murderer's world and get a Firekeeper's Soul to revive her with.

#3 Posted by silentghost227 (77 posts) -

The guy you killed does that after you ring the two bells and speak to him. He has no greater importance anyway.

#4 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -
The character you release from a cell in the Undead Parish ( above the room where you fought the black knight with the tower shield) killed her. He sits across from her in that small area until he kills her, at which point he disappears. He had light brown / golden armor.
#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Yeah I got that item. Forgot to read it though, I figured there was a cure for that and it was meant to happen at this point. What truly shocked me was the dude attacking me. But all well he is dead now. Should not of messed with me and stayed on his rock.

#6 Posted by Vashyron (198 posts) -

The gold guy, you can "invade" his world and kill him to reclaim the Fire Keeper's Soul and return it to her, which will bring back the bonfire at Firelink Shrine. Where you can "invade" him is in Anor Londo, in the main hall before you fight Ornstein and Smough (AKA Fatboy Slim). Don't worry about knowing when you can use it, the game will tell you. Also, since you didn't kill him at Firelink, you can get his armor after you kill him and after you beat the Dynamic Duo mentioned above.

In regards to the Crestfallen Warrior (guy who is sitting near the bonfire being useless)...if you talk to him each time you are at Firelink Shrine until he repeats himself, after you ring the second bell, he goes to New Londo Ruins cause he can't stand the smell and goes Hollow. It isn't something you did per se (other than being friendly and chatting with him), but he isn't the only NPC that can end up going Hollow and trying to kill you. One NPC even discards almost all semblance of clothing when they go Hollow. So, yeah. Don't stress about that when it happens.

#7 Posted by BigDaddy81 (317 posts) -

Is there a way to prevent the gold armored guy from killing that woman? I have already freed him but haven't seen him since.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

@psylah said:

The character you release from a cell in the Undead Parish ( above the room where you fought the black knight with the tower shield) killed her. He sits across from her in that small area until he kills her, at which point he disappears. He had light brown / golden armor.

You know what is weird for me?

I only discovered that cell today after going back to the Parish and it was empty, and I had seen the dude the other day sat in his spot, but since then he has disappeared and it is all pretty confusing.
#9 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -
@AlexW00d

Same, all of a sudden he sat at firelink shrine. I never saw him before.
#10 Posted by BigDaddy81 (317 posts) -

@CaLe said:

@BigDaddy81 said:

Is there a way to prevent the gold armored guy from killing that woman? I have already freed him but haven't seen him since.

He sits outside her bars after you free him. You can kill him there, but then you can't get his armour later. The armour has good curse resistance I believe, which comes in handy during the Seath the Scaleless fight.

I know I have been to her since freeing him to upgrade my flask and have not seen him. I think I'll go look more thoroughly near around that area. Not too concerned about the armor. Curse resistance would be nice but I prefer wearing light armor. Rocking the black leather right now just like I did in Demon's Souls.

#11 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

If you dont free him from the cell he will find his own way out, how i dunno but he does its part of the game so when he sits in front of the cave u can kill him there the only difference between freeing him and not freeing him is wether you get the reward he promises you when you free him

#12 Posted by antony_phillips_106 (1 posts) -

where does he go i try looking for him?! plz respond i need to kill him or talk to him

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.