how do I first person aim with the bow/crossbow?

#1 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

Topic ... can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

#2 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

anybody?

#3 Posted by TopSteer (671 posts) -

L1 then up and down on dpad to zoom in and out.

#4 Posted by SuperUltra (45 posts) -

Push Y/Triangle to hold the bow with both hands. Then push LB/L1 to go into the first person view. You can walk around and shoot enemies.

#5 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

Thanks again everyone. This is an amazing game ... I just don't have an amazing brain.

#6 Posted by stephenuffugus (1 posts) -

i still am not having any luck aiming. theres a secret sword u get for shooting the dragons tail and i wasted like 20 heavy bolts trying to aim first person then i went through 40 more just trying to hip shot him. u can hit it like that but its freaking stupid. especially cuz i saw someone aim online. I tried exactly what u said. hold the crossbow with 2 hands and i tried pressing every dang button on the controller. why cant I aim in 1st person?!?!

#7 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1330 posts) -

I also had trouble aiming my crossbow, I tried everything. Maybe manual aiming only works with regular bows?

#8 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

@stephenuffugus said:

i still am not having any luck aiming. theres a secret sword u get for shooting the dragons tail and i wasted like 20 heavy bolts trying to aim first person then i went through 40 more just trying to hip shot him. u can hit it like that but its freaking stupid. especially cuz i saw someone aim online. I tried exactly what u said. hold the crossbow with 2 hands and i tried pressing every dang button on the controller. why cant I aim in 1st person?!?!

In Demon's Souls you could not aim manually with crossbows so maybe you have to use a bow instead. I haven't played Dark Souls yet (damn Europe!) so I don't know if they've changed the crossbow though.

#9 Posted by Altagrave (49 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

I also had trouble aiming my crossbow, I tried everything. Maybe manual aiming only works with regular bows?

This is true.

#10 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy: You cannot manual aim with a crossbow. I find them to be quite useless because of this fact.

#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -

Anyone know where is the earliest you can get a bow?

#12 Posted by TopSteer (671 posts) -

@ProfessorEss: The hunter starts with a shortbow, a merchant in the Undead Burg sells a shortbow for I think 1000 souls. You can find a longbow in the forest in what I think is called the Darkroot Basin.

#13 Posted by White (1377 posts) -

You can't aim down the sights with a Crossbow. But you can hold it as an off-hand weapon. I bet you can dual-wield crossbows - D3 Demon Hunter style!

#14 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@White said:

You can't aim down the sights with a Crossbow. But you can hold it as an off-hand weapon. I bet you can dual-wield crossbows - D3 Demon Hunter style!

yeah off-hand crossbow is actually really handy
#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -
@TopSteer: Thanks Top. 
 
I really want a bow, almost restarted as a hunter last night, but I'd rather just buy one.
#16 Posted by mason (263 posts) -

@ProfessorEss: Yeah, 1000 souls for a shortbow isn't much at all. You can make that much just fighting for 5 minutes.

A bow is okay as a weapon, but essential as a gameplay tool, even if you don't put points into dexterity. Merely for "pulling" enemies out of their hiding spots and making them run towards you, to fight them one-on-one.

I tend to use both crossbow and bow, but for different purposes. Crossbows for mid-range assault, bows for sniping.

#17 Posted by ProfessorEss (7450 posts) -
@mason: Yeah, I just want it for pulling for right now.
#18 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

Thanks for bringing this up. I was wracking my brain trying to go into first person mode with my crossbow last night.

#19 Posted by LadyLilith (1 posts) -
  • Hold down the RT, then LT to aim. Took me a bit to figure out as well.
#20 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Alt + F4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.