Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

How to make katana+10

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I'm trying to make a Katana+10 because I heard you can use the spider boss' soul to make an awesome item.

I upgraded up to Katana+5 but the bearded blacksmith does not want to upgrade it anymore.

I could modify it into 3 different katanas, which I'm too scared to do because I really want to make it +10.

How can I do it?

sanBASHi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sanBASHi

i think, quelaags soul is use for curved swords only a +10 or +5 (dont remeber exactly) make it an quelaags fury sword

edit: sorry for my post, but at least i olny THOUGHT it =)

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white

@nohthink: You must ascend the weapon via the first option "Modify Weapon". From there, you'll upgrade the weapon to +6, and then you can proceed to normally upgrade it via reinforcement.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EmptyApartment

Hey nohthink, go to the blacksmith and choose modify eqiupmennt, under that once item is at +5 the option to go to +6 should be there, once u go to modify +6 and select that then the weapon will return to the normal reinforce list where u can continue the +7 to +10 upgrade path. Also, yes you can make the Chaos blade with +10 katana and Queelags soul, fyi only blacksmith in Anor Londo can make the weapons with boss souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

And you need the Large Ember to modify weapons from +5 to +6.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nohthink

@White:

@sanBASHi:

@EmptyApartment:

@MagusMaleficus: THANK YOU!!! I got so scared of losing my katana... I'm really tired of Drake Sword and it is definitely getting too low for my level. Any recommendation for which modification I should do?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@nohthink: A lot of people are heaping praise on lightning mods. I can't agree or disagree because I haven't gotten that far.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By bcjohnnie

@nohthink: If you want to wait to make the Queelag sword, it is really good, but it depends on how far you are and how much patience you have. Lightning is a great effect, especially in Anor Londo, although if you go through Sen's fortress you might find a lightning weapon in there already. But to make the Queelag sword, you will have to go through most of Anor Londo first and find the blacksmith.

It's definitely worth it, the Fury sword kicks so much ass.

Edit: Actually, never mind, you'll have to get to that blacksmith to make any lightning weapons anyway, so you can make the choice then.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I really want to make the Fury sword, but me being a Strength dude, I don't know if it's worth it. I do have 20 dexterity though...

I'd probably be better off with a lightning weapon.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nohthink

@bcjohnnie: Crap... I just realized that the fury sword damage scales to your dex... THIS GAME NEVER TELLS YOU ANYTHING!!!!!!! My guy is about 23 str and 18 dex... Do you think fury sword is still worth it?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nohthink said:

@bcjohnnie: Crap... I just realized that the fury sword damage scales to your dex... THIS GAME NEVER TELLS YOU ANYTHING!!!!!!! My guy is about 23 str and 18 dex... Do you think fury sword is still worth it?

It scales to str and dex, just more to your dex. You would be better off possibly with a good lightning weapon that scales to your strength (probably, that's a guess on my part).

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By OroJackson

@xobballox: Any dex or str scaling will only outshine lightning weapons after heavy investment in those respective stats (50+), so with 20 dex you're better off getting a lightning weapon at least for now

@nohthink: If you want to be a str char, then I would say no but if you plan on pumping dex the furysword getting really good later on in the game, either way I would suggest a lightning weapon for now.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By bcjohnnie

@nohthink: It's a tough call, I never know exactly how the scaling works on damage numbers... The fury sword is really weird too because the damage gets better the more humanity you have... I think at base level for me (with about 30 dex), an early lightning sword was better, but a fully upgraded fury blade (need a bunch of demon titanite off of those one legged dudes) with a few humanity does better damage for me right now.

Overall, I suspect that lightning will win out, if I upgrade it fully, but I refuse to cave in to using a lightning weapon all the time just because they gave them so much damage.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nohthink

@OroJackson:

@xobballox:

What is this "lightening" weapon that everybody is referring to? Is that just any type of weapons with lightening attributes?

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By OroJackson

@nohthink: Yes, once you get a weapon to +10, you can modify it to a lightning weapon, which takes away all damage scaling but adds a load of physical and lightning damage. You can then get lightning wweapons to +5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.