Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I Can't Get Into The DLC

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry if this is already a forum but I think I have tried everything.

I already have the Lordvessel in place

I have killed the Hydra

Saved Dusk from the Golden Golem and I said yes I would help her

Summoned her and talk through all her dialogue but the blue Golem won't drop the broken pendant.

I tried reloading and restarting the game, redownloading the DLC and going through the steps again but it still won't drop the pendant. Is there anything I'm missing?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You're aware that it's the blue golem at the beginning of Duke's, right?

If so, I have read that sometimes shit's just fucked and you won't be able to do get the pendant to drop on that playthrough for whatever reason. If so, sorry bro :(

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Yes i've only killed the golem in Duke's Archive. That sucks but thanks for helping duder.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mogoping: Are you sure you didn't just get that pendant before actively trying to get it? Is the portal not around if you go back to the hydra? That's my only guess outside of saying its just fucked and you got screwed out of it.

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: I just went back and there is still no mysterious portal for me to interact with. Thanks for the help though!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Try to open the chest in the altar/near the puddle of water on Firelink shrine. It usually contains important key items to advance the game mistakenly dropped, discarded or missed by the player.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to open the chest in the altar/near the puddle of water on Firelink shrine. It usually contains important key items to advance the game mistakenly dropped, discarded or missed by the player.

The one behind frampt

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? I never knew that did anything.

Hengst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hengst

Is Dusk still alive? She can be killed easily by the crystal golems nearby.

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@strainedeyes said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Really? I never knew that did anything.

It's not super obvious but since some items are ackuired through drops and you can permenantly miss them if you simply don't pick it up. They made it so that it can spawn in the chest at firelink shrine, if it's an important story related item.

Important Items Chest - Behind the pool (later Frampt's area) near the statue can be found a chest that will most of the time be open and empty. However, dropping important items required for progression in the game (Crest of Artorias, Orange Charred Ring, etc.) then reloading the game will cause this chest to be closed the next time you see it, and opening it will give you back the important items you've lost.

If you kill the Duke's Archives Crystal Golem before rescuing Dusk, the Golem will not drop the broken pendant. Don't worry if you do this, the Golem respawns and will still drop the pendant when you return with the proper conditions met.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sure you are fighting the very first Crystal Golem you encounter at Duke's archives? He is idling in the left corner iirc.

Mogoping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: I went to the chest behind the puddle at Firelink but it was open. I tried feeding a covenant ring to Frampt but only the ring was inside unfortunately. I am only killing the Golem right before going into the library at Duke's. It is facing the right hand corner for me. I think my game is just glitched. I appreciate you taking the time for helping me though!

FreddyKruger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go into your ""Game Data Utility""

Delete The ""Game Data Utility Data"" for Dark Souls

Re download DLC

When you start the game you will have to re download the update Data 4/4

If your like me you have one toon right next to that damn blue golem, whip him up to receive your "Broken Pendent" (No picking up required).

Took me months to just now figure this out. Good luck.

Avatar image for snuffy-suffalufakiss
    snuffy-suffalufakiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what does it mean when the the crystal Golem is not there for me. this makes no scene to me and i am a new player going off videos figures a lot of the game out my self. i just cant seem to see him. ( i am on a ps3 and i bought the disc and it is prepare to die edition ) so please help me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.