I choose you, Pyromancer!

#1 Posted by fooorkz (2 posts) -

As stated in the title I chose to go with the pyromancer class. I am in blighttown right now, and not really doing too bad. The main thing I am concerned with is my stats. I basically want my character to have Str/vit/end, however i need to have more attunement slots, as well as higher spell damage. Does int increase my spell damage? Can I ignore it completely? I really don't want to mess my first character up.

#2 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Ignore int unless you plan on picking up sorcery. It won't help your spell damage. You increase pyromancy damage by upgrading your flame at the trainer.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

Pyromancy is not affected by INT or Faith.

Just make sure you have what number of slots you want and plug points into VIT/END/STR

#4 Posted by fooorkz (2 posts) -

That seems a little OP. :O

#5 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

You can ignore int 100%. The only thing you can do to increase pyro damage is upgrade the catalyst. All int does is increase melee damage on your catalyst which is useless.

#6 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

@fooorkz: Well pyromancy isn't quite as flexible as sorcery or faith from what i've seen. It does it's job for a hybrid setup though. The only arguable issue with it is that I really haven't seen a reason for any build to not pick up pyromancy to some extent. You get the flame as long as you save the trainer, and it just takes some souls to make any build have powerful pyro spells. The only limitation is how many slots you're willing to put points towards.

#7 Posted by Rayeth (1021 posts) -

Pyromancy spells are pretty slow and don't have very good range compared to the sorceries. I think it might balance out overall. Also it seems like the pyro spells are much more limited in uses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.