Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I dont think I'm supposed to be in Blight Town :P

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DoctorWelch

Okay, I can tell I fucked up. This is going to make me sound like an idiot but I had no idea what else to do. So I rang the first bell and did most everything I could do in that area except try to go down beneath the blacksmith. I went to go fight the stupid ghosts in new londo but I ran out of the item to let you attack them and I didnt know where to get more so I thought "Well, off to the only other place I know I can go", so I went to Blighttown. Now I basically went completely backwards through that place. I unlocked the door leading to Drakes Valley and then continued through to Blighttown. Then I made it to the swamp campfire first, and then to the bridge campfire second, and then I got to the door that says "doesnt open from this side" and I realized I fucked up. I was thinking this was unusually hard and I am only level 24 but I made it through everything and now I realize I must have done it backwards, but I still have no idea where else I was supposed to go. I mean, was I supposed to go where the skeletons were or something...I have no idea, but I need help.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

You went reverse? I never knew that was even possible. I would suggest going back down and fighting the boss.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Omega

The best thing about Dark Souls is if you fuck up and skip an area that just means that it'll be easier when you go back and do it. I skipped both the catacombs and the forest and went through Anor Londo before going back.

Anyway, you need to go back to the swamp and walk through the poison water to the big mound to the right of the bonfire. That's where the boss is. You completely skipped the Depths so if you want a more level appropriate area I'd go back to lower undeadburg, fight the capra demon, get the key, and traverse the depths. Since you went through blighttown I assume you have the crimson robes, that will be super useful if you run into the frogs they can curse you and the robes are resistant to curses.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By strainedeyes

You skipped lower Undeadburg and the Depths. You can either go back up and do those, or skip them and attempt the Blight town boss.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar

Well, if you want to fight the boss, go back to the swamp and keep going towards the right after you get off the scafolding.  If you want to get out, also keep going to the right, and then ride the waterwheel back up.  Just make sure you roll off on the top or else you're gonna fall to your death.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fourby

@Omega: Wait, I wasnt SUPPOSED to go through Anor Londo before the catacombs and forest? Because I barely finished those areas when I got to them!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch

Okay cool thanks. I didnt even realize there was anywhere else to go that mattered in Undeadburg. I figured I rang the first bell, now its time to ring the second. I think I might just try the boss considering I put all this work in, but after trying that a few times I may just go back to where Im supposed to be.

@ImmortalSaiyan: Yeah I know, its kinda crazy. I have the master key, so I basically unlocked the shortcut door when I shouldnt have been able to, and was able to go through it backwards.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jozzy

Its not crazy at all, totally valid way to ring the second bell. Respect for getting through all of blighttown at lvl 24.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Omega

@Centimani: Really? I went through the catacombs with no problem. The Forest was a little difficult only because of the three black cats with the glasgow smile. Did you have a divine weapon when you tackled the catacombs?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Centimani: I went through Andor Londo before Catacombs as well. By the time I did Catacombs it was a cinch.
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jiggah

There is no right or wrong way. There's a less than hard way and then a hard way. You took a shortcut to the swamp. You're actually closer to your objective than you think. You want to go back to the first swamp campfire.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By McQuinn

@DoctorWelch: Don't sweat it. I did the same exact thing. I was like, FUCK! That looks like the depths on the other side of the door! the twig-hair-mound thing looks so far away I thought it was just a background thing for like two hours completely lost. Also that way is so much faster. I have fought the two drakes and ran past the undead dragon just to unlock that way instead.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By mike

One of the things I've found frustrating about Dark Souls is that there is never a clear sense of which direction I should be heading. It does add a unique sense of adventure to the game, though...still maddening at times.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matoya

You're never too low for any area, don't be fooled.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Xeiphyer

If you can hurt it, you can kill it. 

That's the golden rule.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fourby

@Omega: I had the Astora Straight Sword non upgraded, so getting the last blow after weakening enemies with the good ol' spear was tricky.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kazzurak

@Xeiphyer said:

If you can hurt it, you can kill it. That's the golden rule.

EpicNameBro ? o.O

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Kazzurak said:

@Xeiphyer said:

If you can hurt it, you can kill it. That's the golden rule.

EpicNameBro ? o.O

Lol yeah :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.