Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I have a dream...

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

To get to the friggin darkwraith covenant without levelling up, dualwield caestus and brawl with rookies in the starting area for lols... but that god damn Ornstein and Smaug just keeps pummeling me over and over! God damn!

So any tips? Atm. going with a +10 uchigatana 2handed, and my snassy upgraded wanderers outfit. So they kinda instagib me whenever they touch me, and there is a severe lack of level 8ers to summon in for the assist...

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hippocrit

@jackg100: summon Solaire. He can take off just enough heat for you to get it done

Edit: also modify the uchi to lightning? At level 8 I doubt you're getting much out of the dex scaling. Might be more damage in lightning.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. Or maybe I make the Chaos Blade, or go with my old classic Queelag's Fury Blade, that always deals alot of firedmg. Have to farm chunks I guess. :)

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

You actually don't need to beat S&O to achieve your goal. You can kill Inward in the New Londo Ruins to get the Key to the Seal without having the Lordvessel. You can then get to the Four Kings. If you start with the Master Key, the only bosses you actually MUST kill to become a Darkwraith are Sif and the Four Kings.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JackG100

Hm, isnt there one of them shiny gate thingies at 4kings if I didnt get the lordvessel? I seem to recall something like that being there when I tried to get there on my NG+

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Canteu

Just so you know, if you place the lordvessel you can't join the covenant. Just go kill Ingward and get the key, murder 4 kings then bam. No need for Anor Londo.

If you're on the PC also, you can only get the key off that dude in the first playthrough. It's bugged that he doesn't drop it from NG+ onward.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately I cant get out of anor londo until I killed Ornstein and bitch now. So I guess Ill do it the hard way.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By roland_d11

@jackg100: You can get out of Anor Londo. It is a bit of walking, but get back to the gargoyle that flew you up to Anor Londo, he will bring you back down to Sen's Fortress. But it would not make much sense if you already are at O&S, since warping between bonfires is such a huge benefit.

I'm doing a SL1 run at the moment and I'm having a bit of trouble with O&S as well ;-) .

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JackG100

Perhaps we can help eachother out? If you play it on PC that is. Not that I think Ill be much help there, but if one of them can just stay away from me when I fight it would be a helluva lot easier!!

Edit: Also, thanks for the tips. Wasnt aware that I could go back without beating them... :D Always powered through before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.