Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I just set up the LordVessel, where to now?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So Im kind of at a loss on where to go noext. Im gonna go and upgrade my shield with Sifs soul but dont know where to head afterwards. Any help would be great, and also curious how much I have left in the game? I would like to finish up Dark Souls before Uncharted 3 arrives next week. Thanks for the help

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Rheinmetall

You mean, you put the Lordvessel to the Fireshink Altar? I'm at the same point. I guess you should go and fight with the three Lords in the three previously locked areas.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Rheinmetall:  I know where one is but didnt catch the other two points. I know the one in Anor Londo, where are the other two located?
    EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EmptyApartment

Hey Sack, your right you'll want to go to Anor Londo and now you'll be able to enter Dukes Archives which leads to the Crystal Caves, other spots are, The Demon Ruins and continue past Ceasless Discharge (giant lava monster), and the Tomb of Giants (area now open past catacombs), and the Abyss which is in the New Londo Ruins.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @EmptyApartment: Cool thank you. I also got a ring called Covenant of Artorias and it says I can traverse abyss. Does this help when I reach that area?
    Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rheinmetall

Pretty much what EmptyApartment said. Be very careful and well prepared if you go to Duke's Archives and Crystal Caves. I don't want to write any spoilers. Huge frustration ahead. :(

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EmptyApartment

@Sackmanjones said:

@EmptyApartment: Cool thank you. I also got a ring called Covenant of Artorias and it says I can traverse abyss. Does this help when I reach that area?

No problem, and yup once you make your way through the New Londo Ruins, at the end you'll want to equip that ring to drop down to the Abyss. Good Luck some tough areas ahead!

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kazzurak

@Rheinmetall said:

Pretty much what EmptyApartment said. Be very careful and well prepared if you go to Duke's Archives and Crystal Caves. I don't want to write any spoilers. Huge frustration ahead. :(

HINT (without spoilers mostly): you want to equip a certain ring you can obtain before entering this certain fog area (not sure where the ring is found just remember i got it a bit earlier)

@EmptyApartment said:

@Sackmanjones said:

No problem, and yup once you make your way through the New Londo Ruins, at the end you'll want to equip that ring to drop down to the Abyss. Good Luck some tough areas ahead!

Yeah about this i jsut went for it forgot to equip that ring -.- i believe i actually unequipped my ring to equip it but somehow forgot well needless to say what happened next :,(

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By McShank

@Kazzurak said:

@Rheinmetall said:

HINT (without spoilers mostly): you want to equip a certain ring you can obtain before entering this certain fog area (not sure where the ring is found just remember i got it a bit earlier)

That is not the archives you speak of :D, that is near the archives but not part of them. For a different side area. The ring can be found when going through the Catacombs but the place to put it on it the very bottom of the spiral in the middle of anor londo where the bonfire is next to a huge statue. Leads to a side boss / covenant if you dont want to kill it.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kazzurak

@McShank said:

@Kazzurak said:

@Rheinmetall said:

That is not the archives you speak of :D, that is near the archives but not part of them. For a different side area. The ring can be found when going through the Catacombs but the place to put it on it the very bottom of the spiral in the middle of anor londo where the bonfire is next to a huge statue. Leads to a side boss / covenant if you dont want to kill it.

We're talking about 2 different rings i mean before seath u want to equip another ring not the abyss traversing ring :)

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McShank

@Kazzurak said:

@McShank said:

@Kazzurak said:

@Rheinmetall said:

We're talking about 2 different rings i mean before seath u want to equip another ring not the abyss traversing ring :)

what ring? I fought seath with both equip burden rings on and nothing different happened. The only 2 things that need rings are dark sun gwyn and the abyss that i know of.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Gabriel

Fucking 4 Kings, new Maneaters.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nadril

Pretty much just go wherever you feel has some cool stuff for you. Like if you're a faith based build you might want to go to tomb of the giants first. It doesn't matter what order you do them in although I think you should save Lost Izalith for last personally as it is the most difficult area. The other areas can be rough but for reasons other than just pure monster strength. 

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By OroJackson

After you get the lordvessel is when the game really opens up and gives you a lot of choices on where to go, before that the game is fairly linear

TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TehJedicake

Hey, so eventually you have to go to the catacombs correct? I know that Astroria's sword or whatever is needed to "permanently" kill the skeletons in the catacombs, what if I decide to say fuck faith (and intelligence)?

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nadril
    @TehJedicake said:

Hey, so eventually you have to go to the catacombs correct? I know that Astroria's sword or whatever is needed to "permanently" kill the skeletons in the catacombs, what if I decide to say fuck faith (and intelligence)?

Astori's sword doesn't do that, you need a divine weapon or you need to kill the necromancers in each area of the catas. You should have found a divine club in anor londo somewhere though. (Where you find havels, I think)
    TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TehJedicake

@Nadril: Oh shit. Ok thanks.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rheinmetall

In case you were a bit confused from the comments, to sum it up: 1. Go down to the Abyss via New Londo Ruins. 2. There are three new areas that will be unlocked after you complete the Abyss. 3. The Abyss requires a certain ring to be equipped.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kazzurak

@McShank said:

@Kazzurak said:

@McShank said:

@Kazzurak said:

@Rheinmetall said:

what ring? I fought seath with both equip burden rings on and nothing different happened. The only 2 things that need rings are dark sun gwyn and the abyss that i know of.

i dunno how to do the spoiler thingy so here goes

*SPOILERS*

i mean the ring of sacrifice because the first time u fight seath the scaleless you cant win and if you die again after its lost its not required but its a good idea :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.