Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I love opening shortcuts!!!

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

Of all the things in Dark Souls that I love doing, opening up the shortcuts is at the top of that list.

It's less of, " Yay, now I dont have to go through that area anymore." As I tend to just fight through enemies regardless of where I am going, souls are souls man. They feel like an accident, like they go against the fundamentals of the game. Get further, here's a bone. Dark Souls isn't supposed to throw me a bone!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

is there a shortcut to the ceaseless discharge without having to go through blight town

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mfpantst

kingzetta there's a cream for that

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

@kingzetta said:

is there a shortcut to the ceaseless discharge without having to go through blight town

You can warp to the Sisters of Chaos bonfire with the Lordvessel.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta
    @LordXavierBritish said:

@kingzetta said:

You can warp to the Sisters of Chaos bonfire with the Lordvessel.

excellent
    psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By psylah

The shortcuts in Dark Souls serve to impress me at how well designed the world is. These zones aren't separate, isolated worlds floating in the aether, they are very much connected to eachother. Getting from the depths of Blighttown to the Firelink shrine (through the Valley of the Drakes) in under five minutes, when it took me 10 hours to work my way down there, is incredibly impressive. It wows me every time to think that those areas were only 5 minutes away from each other.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @psylah said:

The shortcuts in Dark Souls serve to impress me at how well designed the world is. These zones aren't separate, isolated worlds floating in the aether, they are very much connected to eachother. Getting from the depths of Blighttown to the Firelink shrine (through the Valley of the Drakes) in under five minutes, when it took me 10 hours to work my way down there, is incredibly impressive. It wows me every time to think that those areas were only 5 minutes away from each other.

I agree, good use of space and afterwards it nearly scares you how good the progression barrier in this game can be.
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By bkbroiler

I love a good shortcut too.

Dark Souls isn't completely nice with them, though. I noticed that one gate shortcut in the Undead Parish will slam shut if you approach it from the front.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

I haven't played Dark Souls, but I too love opening shortcuts. I often spend hours just double-clicking items on my desktop.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By psylah

@bkbroiler said:

Dark Souls isn't completely nice with them, though. I noticed that one gate shortcut in the Undead Parish will slam shut if you approach it from the front.

That gate gets shut by the mobs out in front of it. If you don't rush up and kill them, one will run through the gateway and pull the switch to shut it.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By bkbroiler

@psylah said:

@bkbroiler said:

That gate gets shut by the mobs out in front of it. If you don't rush up and kill them, one will run through the gateway and pull the switch to shut it.

I thought that was the case. Silly monsters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.