Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Iaito worth putting 6 more points in dex?

JustinIsBlazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JustinIsBlazin

So I have an uchigatana that is ready to be accended to lightning but I notice it is kinda slow. I have seen the Iaito and its has an awesome moveset and great speed. But I don't know if it is worth putting six more points in Dex. Thanks guys. Oh and If i put lightning on a weapon with bleed effect will it lose it's bleed effect.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

@JustinIsBlazin said:

So I have an uchigatana that is ready to be accended to lightning but I notice it is kinda slow. I have seen the Iaito and its has an awesome moveset and great speed. But I don't know if it is worth putting six more points in Dex. Thanks guys. Oh and If i put lightning on a weapon with bleed effect will it lose it's bleed effect.

I'm not sure about the weapons, but I'm pretty sure the bleed effect is due to the weapons blade so it should still be there.

JustinIsBlazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JustinIsBlazin

Thanks for answering one of my questions :).

Phew. That's a relief.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

@JustinIsBlazin: Don't bother. Iaito's moveset is a bit different, but not amazingly faster (plus it doesnt' stab, which can be nice in hallways). In many ways Uchi is a better weapon, they both have the same low durability and they both have the bleed effect. I have a lightning Iaito, but only because I got that weapon first.

JustinIsBlazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JustinIsBlazin

Thank you Johnnie. You are a life saver. Thanks guys. Very nice community. *Followed*

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @JustinIsBlazin: Yeah, I did the same thing as bcjohnnie and got a lightning Iaito haha, its not noticeably different though it is a bit faster.

Also, you might be interested in the Washing Pole, its the Sephiroth katana. Its not faster, but it has a ton more reach which more than makes up for it.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @JustinIsBlazin:  Look at that PUPPY!  Sorry i was distracted, but that is the weapon I am currently using and I really like it. The bleed effect is really helpful against tough enemies.
    JustinIsBlazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JustinIsBlazin

Thanks Xeiphyer. That sword is awesome. Sucks that you have to be in the forest covenant to buy it. Though I can just buy it and leave.

@SackmanJones: I know he's ADORABLE :)

Thanks guys. *Followed*

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By gla55jAw

@JustinIsBlazin said:

Thanks for answering one of my questions :).

Phew. That's a relief.

No problem man. Just happy to help.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@JustinIsBlazin: Where did you get the uchigatana? I want one.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kazzurak

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@JustinIsBlazin: Where did you get the uchigatana? I want one.

You get uchigatana from killing the first undead merchant you meet or you can buy it from Shiva also i upgraded my Washing Pole to lightning (yes it does keep bleed) and its working great i like the extra range or at least i strongly believe it has longer range since the blade is like twice the size xD

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Nadril

I have a +5 lightning Iatio and the R2 attack is really nice for pvp and clearing groups of mobs out. Even as someone with 50 str I really like it. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By shirogane

I used a lightning Iaito for most of the game. Didn't like the Uchi's R2, the Iaito one felt much better. Though, if you'r enot going for a dex build, you probably shouldn't be using katanas anyway.

Gaarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gaarman

@Shirogane: Does it matter if ur Dex or STR with lightning weaps?? Doesnt it remove the scaling when u upgrade to lightning. Iam STR char and decimating the game with the large 2h Katana-like-sword (forgot name, soemthing like makumoto...)

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shirogane

@Gaarman said:

@Shirogane: Does it matter if ur Dex or STR with lightning weaps?? Doesnt it remove the scaling when u upgrade to lightning. Iam STR char and decimating the game with the large 2h Katana-like-sword (forgot name, soemthing like makumoto...)

Lightning removes scaling, so all your stats won't mean much if you go lightning on a weapon. You're probably using the murakumo? Wanted to try that, but it requires too much STR, i only have 16, bare minimum to use chaos blade and lifestealer scythe, which is insanely powerful btw, just don't forget about the bleed it inflicts on you...and don't use it on more than 5 enemies at once.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.