If it's possible, would you watch Daily / Weekly Dark Souls streams ?

• 87 results
Posted by sub_o (834 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: If it's possible, would you watch Daily / Weekly Dark Souls streams ? (385 votes)

Yes, I would 78%
No, I would not 22%

Seeing that how Brad managed to do daily DotA streams, I wonder if Duders would watch daily / weekly / monthly Dark Souls streams.

PS: I'm not affiliated with GiantBomb, I'm just wondering out loud.

#1 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I'm not sure how you would sustain a daily Dark Souls stream, but I'd watch it nonetheless. I still think the effort could be better put to quicklooking all of the obscure games coming out each week that seem to not exist in the eyes of the GB staff.

#2 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@rorie - although it'd be impossible, I'm holding out a flame for something from this in the lead up to Dark Souls 2.

#3 Edited by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

@walkerd: yeah that would be good. They always moan about a lack of games in summer but there is nothing of the sort. Just cause it's not some big budget blockbuster or the current indie star they always seem to ignore it.

#4 Posted by sub_o (834 posts) -

I'd watch it too. But probably most of the Bombcrews isn't interested in Dark Souls, except for Rorie. It'd be fun to see Brad play and moan thru the whole ordeal though.

#5 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -

Much rather that than Dota.

#6 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4592 posts) -

I'd love to see @rorie and someone who won't shit all over the game on a daily or even weekly stream of Dark Souls. That quick look GB did for the original game is what sold me on it in the first place.

#7 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Rorie + Vinny Dark Souls Endurance Run. Let's do it.

#8 Edited by SeanFoster (855 posts) -

If I could pick any game for a fantasy Endurance Run, I'd want Vinny, Patrick and Rorie playing Dark Souls, with Patrick playing since I think he's the newbie to it. I guess a semi-regular stream of it would basically be the same thing.

#9 Posted by SomeJerk (3138 posts) -

I'd watch streams of a new player going through Dark Souls, no matter who it was.

#10 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1232 posts) -

Fucking do it

#11 Posted by Abendlaender (2757 posts) -

I might watch it, but to be honest a lot of that depends on the commentary and the people playing.

#12 Posted by Harknett (126 posts) -

Vinny and Dave doing a Dark Souls endurance run would be better than The Wire.

#13 Posted by Excast (811 posts) -

I think Patrick mentioned wanting to go through Dark Souls before the sequel. Would be great to see him run through that on a solo Endurance Run of sorts, maybe with someone like Rorie or Vinnie using Skype to watch and comment?

#14 Edited by Kaiserreich (684 posts) -

Who would be playing?

#15 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Having finished the game 30 or so times kinda takes some of the magic out, but I'd still enjoy an ER of it, since clearly you're asking for an ER without asking for an ER.

#16 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5330 posts) -

It's certainly way the fuck better than DoTA

#17 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

I would but I would avoid chat like the plague. They should just do an ER already dammit.

#18 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

well considering I've been listening to a dark souls podcast (that I still need to get back to) sure?

#19 Posted by EXTomar (4494 posts) -

I wouldn't due to the pacing of the game. It is too slow and little to tinker with or explore. I'd rather watch a Skyrim "lets play" instead.

#20 Posted by Daftronaut (30 posts) -

Having just started a new playthrough, all of this sounds awesome.

#21 Edited by Ezakael (911 posts) -

Yeah I would probably watch it. I think it has the potential to be interesting.

#22 Posted by Joey_Connell (56 posts) -

One of my games of the generation.But sometimes you have to accept people don't like a certain game.They can't produce content if they don't like\understand the game.

#23 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

I've watched/played enough Dark Souls. At one point I'd be interested, but I don't need to watch another person be bad at Dark Souls.

#24 Edited by nickux (1383 posts) -

Given the abundance of daily streams on Twitch for games like Dota 2 and Dark Souls, I wish people were broadcasting a variety of stuff. It's always, League of Legends and Dota 2. Gets boring fast.

#25 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

No, but mostly because I love playing the game myself so I would much rather see a Demon's Souls.
But the more popular one is probably Dark Souls, so I guess if they were to go with anything it should probably be that

#26 Edited by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

Yeah. But I'd want the duders that are playing it to be as clueless as possible about it. I really liked the Ryan Dark Souls thing, but too many people were trying to teach him how to play instead of things progressing organically.

#27 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@pie said:

Much rather that than Dota.

Definitely, anything would be better in my opinion.

#28 Edited by wafflez (523 posts) -

As long as it doesn't affect daily dota, sure. Its a game I'd rather watch than play anyways.

#29 Posted by Sterling (2067 posts) -

I'd like to see "Daily Crusading" (Crusader Kings II) and "Souls of the Day" (Dark Souls). Make it happen people, make it happen. NOW!

#30 Edited by afabs515 (1010 posts) -

If Vinny plays it, viewers will come.

#31 Edited by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

I'd love a weekly Dark Souls stream but daily would be too much.

#32 Posted by EXTomar (4494 posts) -

@vexxan said:

I'd love a weekly Dark Souls stream but daily would be too much.

On second thought, this is the issue. I could enjoy watching some one play through but doing it day after day would be too much.

#33 Posted by Briggs713 (214 posts) -
#34 Posted by SpaceRunaway (842 posts) -

I'd love to see @rorie and someone who won't shit all over the game on a daily or even weekly stream of Dark Souls. That quick look GB did for the original game is what sold me on it in the first place.

Same here. That quick look is probably my favorite of all time. I'd vote no for most of the staff, plus I've already sunk so much time into the game that I don't think I'd be that interested in watching, but if it was Rorie and maybe say, Vinny heading it up, then I'd definitely be in.

#35 Edited by 49th (2688 posts) -

I probably would if it was from this website, I would be more interested in that than DOTA...

#36 Posted by Eidderf (506 posts) -

Sure, it's always been a game that I thought looked interesting and seems like there would be a lot to explore, I'd play it myself but I don't think I would have the patience.

#37 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Rorie was playing it yesterday and Patrick plans on playing it this summer. So, they could get together and do this.

#38 Edited by GalacticPunt (1020 posts) -

If Rorie tied Brad to a chair, uninstalled DOTA, and live-streamed Dark Souls every day it would be a win for everyone. Once Brad gets through the detox, even he'll agree.

#39 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

@zero_ said:

Rorie + Vinny Dark Souls Endurance Run. Let's do it.

You bastard. Don't say such beautiful things that shan't come true.

#40 Edited by supamon (1333 posts) -

This isn't the first of this sort of poll to appear and as much as I would love to see a VR(orie) DS ER it most likely wouldn't happen.

#41 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (678 posts) -

I think a Weekly Dark Souls run from Patrick would be entertaining.

#42 Posted by themangalist (1717 posts) -

psssss.... people notice this IS an endurance run request thread repackaged into something else right? We best not talk about it, and don't even THINK of forwarding a message to Rorie. Come on guys, you're better than that.

#43 Posted by Humanity (8802 posts) -

psssss.... people notice this IS an endurance run request thread repackaged into something else right? We best not talk about it, and don't even THINK of forwarding a message to Rorie. Come on guys, you're better than that.

But we already have a one man DOTA2 Endurance Run going.

#44 Edited by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

This sounds really cool, would be exciting to watch.

I dont actually watch the brad dota 2 thing because even though i play the game myself there isnt really any value in watching a non-pro match without spectating.

#45 Edited by Digiwth (149 posts) -

@themangalist: How dare yearly subscribers suggest/throw out an idea for a feature they'd like to see on the site?

The poopooing of people suggesting things is absurd.

#46 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Yes but not from GB. They're not into DaS enough to hold my interest.

#47 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

@rorie You should consider this!

#48 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

I care about Dark Souls about as much as most people here seem to care about DotA, so it's a no for me.

#49 Edited by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

With Rorie and Vinny, hell fucking yes.

#50 Edited by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Nope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.