If it's possible, would you watch Daily / Weekly Dark Souls streams ?

• 87 results
Posted by sub_o (899 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: If it's possible, would you watch Daily / Weekly Dark Souls streams ? (385 votes)

Yes, I would 78%
No, I would not 22%

Seeing that how Brad managed to do daily DotA streams, I wonder if Duders would watch daily / weekly / monthly Dark Souls streams.

PS: I'm not affiliated with GiantBomb, I'm just wondering out loud.

#51 Edited by themangalist (1735 posts) -

@digiwth said:

How dare yearly subscribers suggest/throw out an idea for a feature they'd like to see on the site?

The poopooing of people suggesting things is absurd.

What's more absurd is when people even vaguely mention an endurance run, people poopoo on them. Now someone says let's do a daily playthrough of a game and people like you come along and white knight the idea. It has always been an unspoken rule to not speak of endurance runs.

#52 Edited by Beforet (2922 posts) -

Vinny + Rorie DS ER would be great, except for the fact that Rorie has already played hella Dark Souls.

#53 Edited by Sterling (2309 posts) -

I think each member of the crew should do what Brad is doing. Each pick their own game, and they are responsible for at least one live stream a week. Also do it so they must do at least 4 streams of a game before moving on to another game. They could also do more than one a week, but one being the minimum required. I really like the idea of Daily Dota, I just have no interest in that game, and I find it boring to watch. So I don't watch those, but I would for games that interested me or I thought were fun to watch. They could even get Rorie, Drew, Alex and Alexis in on the action. Imagine the amount of weekly content if everyone did this, plus all the regular content already. I would gladly subscribe again.

I also realize this is a lot of work to put these together. But if each one is only an hour or two long, and they only do one each a week, it really wouldn't cut that much into their time.

#54 Edited by Carlos1408 (1507 posts) -

@zero_ said:

Rorie + Vinny Dark Souls Endurance Run. Let's do it.

Fo real!

#55 Posted by Bollard (5552 posts) -
#56 Posted by StarvingGamer (8246 posts) -

Not as a stream, but I would watch it at my leisure as an endurance run sort of thing.

#57 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Couldn't be worse then the Dota stream, could it?

#58 Edited by golguin (3929 posts) -

Patrick said he's going to play Dark Souls during the summer so I believe he's going to stream that.

#59 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

If it was Brad on the controller and Vinny as a side dude/pep-talk guy, I'd watch the shit out of it.

#60 Edited by ike7779 (318 posts) -

Heck yeah. I buy new games but all I play is Dark Souls. I don't know what's wrong with me. I also watch Northernlion's 3-times-a-week Dark Souls live streams and never get bored of them.

#61 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

No, because it's a single player game that I've already beaten.

#62 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -

Anywhere else and I'd say no, but I'll watch just about anything on Giant Bomb.

#63 Posted by UitDeToekomst (716 posts) -

i don't watch the DOTA stuff and I have no interest in Dark Souls. I voted "No". I guess it would depend who - assuming this was a GB production - was involved, though. I would probably watch Vinny and Jeff play anything.

#64 Edited by animathias (1186 posts) -

Absolutely. Especially if it was someone who's actually interested in the game but hasn't played it, with a veteran(s) like Vinny and/or Rorie as the co-pilot(s). I still remember Ryan playing Dark Souls during the Tricaster stream with input from Vinny, Patrick, and Will Smith being a fantastic hour of GB content.

#65 Edited by McLargepants (381 posts) -

I'd probably watch it. I don't really care for Dark Souls but I see the possibility of humor there.

#66 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

Yes, yes and yes.

#67 Posted by ignatz27 (26 posts) -

VideogamerTV is doing one, and I find it pretty entertaining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RgM4Gz1Xaw

#68 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11741 posts) -

If people thought the boneheaded decisions made during the Persona 4 and Chrono Trigger endurance runs were bad, I can't imagine how much they would flip out watching some member of the Giant Bomb staff play Dark Souls. Actually, scratch that. Watching someone like Brad constantly die because he wasn't paying attention would be hi-larious.

#69 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I think the game is incredibly dumb but I've found that I enjoy watching people play it.

#70 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1456 posts) -

Looks like Rorie is kind of starting to do this now and they're in nice little chunks too. All I want to see now is Rorie, Vinny and Kevin Van Ord just sit down and play Dark Souls.

#71 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

So much yes. But it would have to be Vinny and Rorie. I love ya, Brad, but that kind of game plus your habit of ignoring/talking over important details... that could get frustrating fast.

In fact, I want Vinny to do a marathon of games which feature "emote/pose" buttons and allow for screwing with character animations, because that man is an artist when it comes to exploiting those things for comedy. I keep seeing Die by the Sword on their Windows desktop during Unpro Fridays, and it's killing me that they haven't done a Random PC Game with it.

#72 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11025 posts) -

I don't think daily would last very long. Dark Souls is a long game, but it's not THAT long. Also, being a (mostly) single player game, something like that would LITERALLY be an Endurance Run, and hey, you already know.

Weekly? Maybe.

Moderator Online
#73 Posted by firecracker22 (546 posts) -

With Rorie and Vinny, hell fucking yes.

Oh yeah, definitely.

#74 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

Oh man @rorie swearing like a sailor is my favorite thing about the stream he has been doing last few days. Its hilarious.

#75 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

For sure, that would be INTENSE

#76 Edited by Anwar (871 posts) -
#77 Posted by Boboblaw (291 posts) -

Hell yeah. Loved watching Rorie play during and after e3 so I would love a DS feature with him and vinny

#78 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Some Rorie playing Dark Souls during the Summer doldrums sounds great. Maybe have Vinny if he can make it on occasion as well.

#79 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

It's only worth it if it has a strong/likable personality behind it, playing it for the first time (or near to it, like Rorie).

Otherwise, no.

#80 Posted by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

Unless it's an endurance run I don't want daily videos of any game.

#81 Posted by JohnnyAtom (11 posts) -

I would if it had good commentary, also eww I don't want Rorie with Vinny thats like having captian crunch with soy milk.

#82 Posted by Lysergica33 (523 posts) -

I'd probably watch some kind of regular Dark Souls II content if it was done around release. I've played a lot of Dark Souls, and I've watched a lot of Dark Souls, I don't really need another set of videos devoted to it.

However, that doesn't mean I would be able to stop myself from watching it if it happened... So yeah, whatever. DkSII videos though gentlemen... Make it happen!

#83 Posted by madpierrot (68 posts) -

I would absolutely love to see Rorie (with Vinny as a co-pilot) start a new game of Dark Souls. As someone who recently purchases Dark Souls during the Steam Summer sale, it would be so helpful to see an experienced player starting out. Being able to hear Rorie comment on what to do and not to do and what's good would be great. Though just seeing his late game character is cool, so either works.

#84 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

With Giant Bomb members? Yes.

With some random guy on the internet? Depends on his/her personality, I rarely watch people play games for the games sake of it. I prefer the player over the game when I'm watching "lets plays."

#85 Posted by Ares42 (2670 posts) -

While I absolutely love the game I have played it so much that there really isn't any more entertainment to get out of it unfortunately. There's only so much you can do in the game, and chance are I've already done/seen it.. twice.

#86 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2103 posts) -

@zero_ said:

Rorie + Vinny Dark Souls Endurance Run. Let's do it.

Fo real!

Only if it's a OneBro run.

#87 Edited by Teoball (607 posts) -

If the Giant Bomb staff plays it, sure.
I watched the LP Geop on somethingawful did and that was fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.