If you're restarting a new char

#1 Posted by Astromarine (72 posts) -

Here's an awesome video I found showing you all the stuff you can get really fast right after starting a new game, assuming you're good enough to pull it off. I started a new guy yesterday doing all of this except the second Fire Keeper Soul, and it was really really fun.

#2 Edited by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

That's all stuff I did with my first character...

Over the span of 20 hours...

#3 Posted by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

diddent wach the hole vid so it might be in there but if you kill the assylum demon (not stray demon) in undead assylum the first time you get to him instead of running away to the left. you will get a weapon called demon's great hammer

#4 Posted by Astromarine (72 posts) -

you're right. however, the hammer needs 46 Strength to wield it, which is insane for a starting char, and is also available as a trade with Sparkly (for a Sack, which you get as soon as you get into the Depths). Not to mention that killing that demon with a sword hilt is for crazy people ;)

#5 Posted by pjacobson21 (198 posts) -
@Grillbar said:

diddent wach the hole vid so it might be in there but if you kill the assylum demon (not stray demon) in undead assylum the first time you get to him instead of running away to the left. you will get a weapon called demon's great hammer

I definitely don't recommend doing that. You wont reach the strength requirements to wield it on your first playthrough, and when you start NG+ you can fight him the first time with all your equipment making it a much more manageable fight.
#6 Posted by Tenryu (44 posts) -

To my understanding you can pick up the Demon's Great Hammer fairly easy assuming you have some familiarity with combat. No I don't mean you have to punch him to death. What you can do to pick it up is run past him out of the room and NOT save at the bonfire located next to him, but instead run and pick up your weapon then die and warp back to before him. You then put the smack down on the demon with a weapon/shield and voila, hammer ;3!

#7 Posted by TekZero (2638 posts) -

@Tenryu: I actually tried that, but when I died, it didn't take me back to the beginning.

#8 Posted by Tenryu (44 posts) -

Really? Well guess that rumor is untrue sorry to hear it, did you save at the first bonfire though o.o? Before the demon that is ;3? If not boooo >_<! Guess it's back to black firebombs if you want him dead right out the gate ^___^!

#9 Posted by McQuinn (650 posts) -

What you can do is choose black firebombs as a gift. After four he's dead. Not getting the master key will only set me back about 30 minutes, but that weapon is totally useless anyway. By the time you have the str to wield it, most weapons do more dmg even at normal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.