In celebration of the PC port, let's talk about lore.

#1 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

I forget where it was, but I read somewhere that Abysswalker Artorias would be part of the bonus areas.  While that entire notion sounds entirely false, it reminded me of this particular youtube video series dedicated to Dark Souls Lore by EpicNameBro.  While he covers some topics already well discussed such as the pygmy, there are many well referenced assertions he makes that is worth mulling on.  Some of my favorites being: 

- The notion that the undead curse, apart from simply being a global epidemic, can also be something purposely casted on a person by another.
 - That the Dark Root Gardens is the ruins of Oolacile destroyed by Seath the Scaleless.
 - And my personal favorite, that Abysswalker Artorias forged a covenant with Kath, became a dark wraith, and was ultimately killed by his fellow knight Lord's Blade Ciaran.

Oh, he also has the translated text of a recent interview with From that answered questions such as "Why is Big Hat Logan naked when he turns hollow?" 

Here's the first video that he did on Thorolond.  Check out related videos for others.  This entire thing is a testament to just how much implicit lore there ultimately is in the Dark Souls world.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Turambar: yea the abysswalker is indeed in the port and he is a boss and his armour looks badass but the bigger question is...consele dlc ??

#3 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -
@Z3RO180 said:

@Turambar: yea the abysswalker is indeed in the port and he is a boss and his armour looks badass but the bigger question is...consele dlc ??

Wait, seriously?  Do we have any screen shots?
#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Turambar: well yes and no. We do have two pictue of him one of his helmet and the other of him on the cover of the game holding his sword.

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Turambar: Here are the pictures i mentiond in my last post. Be warnd they are badass. yea sorry i cpould only upoad one but its still cool

#6 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -
@Z3RO180: Huh, his armor looks like a mix between the Black Knight armor and Gold Hemmed Robe.
#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Turambar: still awesome by the way is there anyway to get easy souls case i cant be arsed doing the glitch.

#8 Edited by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -
PC Box art

I guess I'll upload the other picture then.

It was also mentioned that "Hawkeye Gough" would be appearing in the extra content, even if this were to not show up as DLC for consoles I would still be excited to see it.

#9 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -
@Z3RO180 said:

@Turambar: still awesome by the way is there anyway to get easy souls case i cant be arsed doing the glitch.

Didn't that glitch get patched out?  Also depending on where you are, the forest covenant npcs are good sources of souls at two thousand each.  All the more so now that you can lock on fog ringed enemies.

@RockmanBionics
Huh, with Gough, that'd mean all 4 of Gwynn's knights will make an appearance in the game.  Well, other than Lord's Blade Ciaran, but she may be dead considering you find her ring on a dead corpse.
#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@Turambar: you never know the blade master might be in it i mean they just anochted the game so theere is hope.

#11 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

This better be released as console DLC.

#12 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

What does seath need all those books for, he's blind.

#13 Posted by Godak (166 posts) -

...I AM READY TO DIE.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease be DLC for the consoles.

Oh. Right. Lore. Uh...

Seath is actually a female dragon.

*DUN DUN DUUUUUUN*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.