Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

In Desperate Need of Advice

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

So I am 30 hours in and way over my head. I am roughly 50 SL and stuck. I decided to venture "a little" further into The Catacombs. After killing the Pinwheel boss, I kept going. I found a bonfire not far away and lit it. After going a little further into The Tomb of Giants, I am utterly and completely fucked. I have no way of getting out of this place and no items to get me home. I managed to make it back to the blacksmith in the depths of the catacombs, but I have found no escape. Venturing further into the tomb, I have run into the deadliest enemy I have ever encountered and they are legion. What can I do to get out of here? Am I fucked?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By McShank

Take you time. if you would have gone straight instead of veering to the left to the blacksmith there was another path that would lead to some ladders and then to an exit that will slowly wind its way back up.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By bushpusherr

If you walk out into the open from where the blacksmith is, if you take a left and head towards the cliff where the Black Knight was, there is a path along the left side that will eventually lead you up through ladders to get you out.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John1912

If you got there, you can get back. It will just be a bitch. Did something similar. I jumped to a lower bridge in the area of the smith. Finally found alternet route to open a door I had not opened on the way down. If your 50 you really shouldnt be having too much trouble. Just take it slow. Try and pull one enemy at a time. Those bone wheels are a bitch, Get them to run into a wall in a curved area so they are trapped. Then hammer em once they have stopped spinning. Kill the necromancers that shoot fire. They are what make the skels get back up.

Also if you have humanities kindle the bonfire. I finally just noticed kindling a fire is permanent >.> I avoided kindling because I thought dieing would reset the kindle.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akeldama

@McShank said:

Take you time. if you would have gone straight instead of veering to the left to the blacksmith there was another path that would lead to some ladders and then to an exit that will slowly wind its way back up.

@bushpusherr said:

If you walk out into the open from where the blacksmith is, if you take a left and head towards the cliff where the Black Knight was, there is a path along the left side that will eventually lead you up through ladders to get you out.

If you are both right, I will be the happiest guy on this website...

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akeldama

@McShank said:

@McShank said:

Gentleman, I demand to reward both of you for this. PM me your Steam IDs and come this holiday season, I shall gift you both something nice for this.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McShank

@Akeldama: Also, once you reach a exit that can only go to your left "ladder and statues along the wall" there will be a hidden path behind the last statue / wall and will lead to another bonfire so if you die, at least your halfway out :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.