Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Is dexterity a waste of time and souls?

• 50 results
    Avatar image for captivatinglydubious
    captivatinglydubious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

honestly i think that the four scaling stats are tailored to four archetypes of play.

strength- for an all weapons build, faith- for mainly miracle builds, intelligence- for mainly sorcery builds, and dexterity- for pyromancy builds.

i think the dex stat fits with pyromancy for two main reasons: 1- it lowers casting time, which is very helpful since all pyromancies are close to mid range attacks and long cast times leave you open. 2- they're not that many dex weapons that have high scaling, i think that is because the developers expected players to have the extra damage of pyromancy. 3- (i said two earlier but i just remembered) the move set of most dex weapons meld almost perfectly with the move set of pyromancy spells. chaos fire storm and iron flesh make bows viable giving you practically unlimited poise and able to keep melee players at bay the spells great combustion and chaos fire whip flow into the move sets of the balder side sword and various spears respectively whether you need quick damage or to keep an enemy at a distance for a few crucial moments, not to mention power within which makes the speedy attacks of dex weapons into hurricanes of death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.