Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Judging from the Wiki, rate my build?

lschell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lschell

(wiki link on bottom) I just need a player that has a good idea on character builds. This is the first time I really got in-depth with it.

Main Goal: High strength (melee) build with three cleric spells.

Starting Build: Cleric (might be Bandit because I just learned that clerics start with the way of the white covenant. I want dark moon)

Starting Stats:

Soul Level 2 - Vitality 11 - Attunement 11 - Endurance 9 - Strength 12 - Dex 8 - Resistance 11 - Intelligence 8 - Faith 14

Point I stop leveling Faith/Attunement:

Soul Level 5 - Vitality 11 - Attunement 12 - Endurance 9 - Strength 12 - Dex 8 - Resistance 11 - Intelligence 8 - Faith 16

Spells I plan on having equipped:

Force (creates 360 degree shockwave), and Regeneration (regenerate health over time). If force ends up sucking, Ill switch it with heal.

Afterwards:

Simply raise Strength and Dex as needed. Will level Endurance as needed when I find a nice heavy armor. There are a bunch of nice Strength based 2h's I seen on the wiki.

So how does it look? Anything that should be changed?

EDIT: If starting as Bandit:

Soul Level 2 - Vitality 12 - Attunement 8 - Endurance 14 - Strength 14 - Dex 9 - Resistance 11 - Intelligence 8 - Faith 10

Point I stop leveling Faith/Attunement:

Soul Level 8 - Vitality 12 - Attunement 12 - Endurance 14 - Strength 14 - Dex 9 - Resistance 11 - Intelligence 8 - Faith 16

+1-1

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CptBedlam

I prefer not spoiling me the game by studying wikis prior to release. For me it's just more fun discovering and beating the game by myself without any wikis or guides.

So what if I don't have a perfect character build? At least I beat the game on my own!

I'll probably order that awesome guide for further playthroughs though...

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeGosot

You're going to use magic. YOUR BUILD SUCKS! 

On a more serious note... I can't judge builds because i don't like builds. But, ahn... It seems like a good one.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Gerhabio

In true GB fashion the first posts are incredibly useful!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

And you people wonder why I keep posting telling people to not "go to the wiki". Dude the game isn't even out yet for anyone who buys from a retailer who doesn't break release dates, there is no where near enough info and people playing to make any kind of real comment about what is a good or bad build. Example, in Demon's Souls what people would have told you was the be all end all build early in release and what weapons were "unbeatable" people will now tell you is an average build at best with no depth and that a far larger range of weapons are good but none are "the best".

Just play the game and do what works for you.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MikeHawk

@CptBedlam: It's not always a bad thing to create builds beforehand. Therefore, you can be alerted to whether or not your play time is hard because the game is hard or hard because you really screwed up. I played a royal in Demon's Souls that used rapiers for melee attacks and it made close quarters combat fairly difficult. If I had known better, I would have specced out a more physical build.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CptBedlam

@MikeHawk said:

@CptBedlam: It's not always a bad thing to create builds beforehand. Therefore, you can be alerted to whether or not your play time is hard because the game is hard or hard because you really screwed up. I played a royal in Demon's Souls that used rapiers for melee attacks and it made close quarters combat fairly difficult. If I had known better, I would have specced out a more physical build.

I prefer dealing with the consequences of my actions and choices instead of planning a perfect playthrough with guides and walkthroughs (also, I like difficult games). I want my experience with the game to be pure. I want to learn the lessons by myself. That's how I get the most fun and rewarding experiences out of games.

With Dark Souls, I'll save the guide and wiki stuff for my New Game+ playthroughs.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By pweidman

@CptBedlam said:

@MikeHawk said:

I prefer dealing with the consequences of my actions and choices instead of planning a perfect playthrough with guides and walkthroughs (also, I like difficult games). I want my experience with the game to be pure. I want to learn the lessons by myself. That's how I get the most fun and rewarding experiences out of games.

With Dark Souls, I'll save the guide and wiki stuff for my New Game+ playthroughs.

Fair enough, so why comment on his build ideas then? We needed to hear it? LOL.

TC, that Cleric build sounds pretty good to me. The only downfall to Bandit is the low starting dexterity. A force, heal, and strong melee character sounds like a viable set-up overall. No expert whatsoever, but it seems starting builds are just that, starting, and aside from gifts and gear, you can mold any combat style from any starting class; which is awesome in and of itself imo. I like flexibility like that, and min/maxers can still just have multiple characters to test the lvl extremes of playstyle choices.

lschell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lschell

Thanks @pweidman . I plan on keeping dex lower compared to strength. Not sure why the other guys posted that. Not what I was asking for. >.>

The thing is, I do not want to invest 80 hours in the game only to have a sub-par pvp build. I am not one to really play through a game right after I just went through it. It takes awhile before my interest is re-kindled. So I would rather just get it right the first time. I did the trial/error thing in demon souls.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karkarov

@lschell: Any serious Demon's Souls PVP player will tell you that you will always be disappointed with your first build no matter what. Also they would say any serious pvp'er will have like 3 or 4 builds with all different stats and gear at any given time too..... Those dudes are a bit loopy.... Just remember, like Demon's Souls more than likely what takes you 80 hours the first time will probably only take 20 the second. Even less the third.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Questionable

Thief's ring + Purple flame shiekd in world 1-1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.