Just noticed something

#1 Posted by YapaPanda (124 posts) -

Maybe I am slow but after like 300+ hrs (according to steam) in the game I just realized that those dinosaur butts in lost izalith are the lower half of the undead dragons. You can see in the painted world that the top half of the undead dragon rips itself from the lower half on the bridge shortcut. That also explains why the undead dragon NEVER FLIES OR MOVES (I literally just thought of that while typing it). Is this a Jeff/Phoenix Down moment or am I the only one who never got it?

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9124 posts) -

@yapapanda: Yeah, I think a lot of people have known about this for a long time now. I even discussed it with someone just last month. They're the lower half of the undead dragon model.

Definitely a kind of Phoenix Down moment. heh.

#3 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5495 posts) -

They're legs.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

I like to think of the legs as the children of the giant dinosaur leg that stomps you in Banjo-Tooie.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3918 posts) -

What's the Jeff/Phoenix Down moment?

#6 Edited by SgtSphynx (1393 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

What's the Jeff/Phoenix Down moment?

During one of the bombcasts where Brad was explaining FFXIII, he mentions Phoenix Downs and then say that they call it a tuft of feathers. At which point Jeff finally realizes and says "Oh! Down!"

Found it... March 9, 2010 Bombcast at around 45 minutes in.

#7 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I thought it was openly apparent for what it is but good on you for finally realizing it!

#8 Edited by Random45 (1212 posts) -

Huh, you know, even when I was in the painted world, I never connected the dots. I remember wondering wtf those legs were leading to the Dragon Lady, but I just decided to ignore it and move on.

#9 Posted by CornBREDX (5310 posts) -

Ya, I already knew that.

Sorry, I cant share in your... ahem... revelation.

#10 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

It's almost as if that part of the game was unfinished and they decided to reuse and copy and paste art assets from another part of the game.

#11 Posted by crithon (3276 posts) -

the painted world was apparently the first map designed for the game, there's some left over geometry in there that says even Gravelord Nito was suppose to be there as the final boss in the style as the Asylum beast. In that the floor breaks right where Priscilla is. So there are some interesting glitches in there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.