So in the last game the hardcore mode was Guts Mode where you were only allotted a crossbow and two-hand greatsword. For Dark Souls I've been working on a Kenshiro Mode. Basically, this mode is all about melee combat and maneuverability. If you don't learn how to move and parry you're not going to last very long.
I haven't come up with a full list of items, what I have is a basic outline so far. Here's what I've come up with.
- Wanderer starting class.
- Big torso, short black hair.
- Only level VIT/END/STR. - No level cap.
- No Pyromancy or Sorceries permitted.
- No Chest or Torso clothing permitted.
- Leg and Hand clothing must not be plate armor.
- Left and Right hand weapons may only be Caestus'.
- The challenge starts once you make it to Firelink Shrine.
I haven't settled on rings yet, but one of them will definitely be the Wolf Ring to help with the (lack of) poise rating. When you have no shield being knocked off balance is a huge danger when you're trying to hit something. The other ring is a tossup between Ring of Steel Protection, Ring of Favor and Protection, and Cloranthy Ring. What do you guys think?