Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Kenshiro Mode

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arch4non
    No Caption Provided

So in the last game the hardcore mode was Guts Mode where you were only allotted a crossbow and two-hand greatsword. For Dark Souls I've been working on a Kenshiro Mode. Basically, this mode is all about melee combat and maneuverability. If you don't learn how to move and parry you're not going to last very long.

I haven't come up with a full list of items, what I have is a basic outline so far. Here's what I've come up with.

• Wanderer starting class.
    • Big torso, short black hair.
    • Only level VIT/END/STR. - No level cap.
    • No Pyromancy or Sorceries permitted.
    • No Chest or Torso clothing permitted.
    • Leg and Hand clothing must not be plate armor.
    • Left and Right hand weapons may only be Caestus'.
    • The challenge starts once you make it to Firelink Shrine.

I haven't settled on rings yet, but one of them will definitely be the Wolf Ring to help with the (lack of) poise rating. When you have no shield being knocked off balance is a huge danger when you're trying to hit something. The other ring is a tossup between Ring of Steel Protection, Ring of Favor and Protection, and Cloranthy Ring. What do you guys think?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Also when you attack with your first you gotta yell "Ya ta ta ta ta ta ta ta"

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shirogane

Dark Hand and Dragon Bone Fist usable? Cause ya know, the grab and dragon punch are kinda awesome.

I guess no pyromancies/sorceries allowed huh? That's gonna make some bosses tough as hell.

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By heartlessomen

hahaa i guess i'm not the only crazy person running around with a punchy-build. i'm eagerly anticipating seeing how this build works out

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Turambar

This seems relevant.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arch4non

@Shirogane: Probably not seeing as how the Dragon Bone Fist is so darn huge and the Dark Hand uses magic.

@heartlessomen: So far the toughest foes have been non-human things like sewer rats. They're quite fast and hard to deal with in groups. All humanoid creatures telegraph their attacks and can be parried/one-shotted quickly.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By McShank

sounds like fun.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By norsedudetr

Proper hardcore, dude! Tell us of your punchy travels!

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By bkbroiler

So, is there a point to resistance besides the basic increase in curse/poison res? I mean, are you only picking it because it's a basically useless stat (compared to the other, better choices) or is there something else to it?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Aegon
    Click me 
    Click me 
    arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arch4non

@bkbroiler: Pretty much just for poison/fire resistance. Getting it up to a base level of 15 seems to be the best idea, getting the most out of it before it drops off. I was invaded in the chapel by a pyromancer, didn't turn out too well and it sucked to burn through another humanity. The flame resistance would be a nice bonus for PvP situations since traveling in hollow mode misses the point entirely.

No Caption Provided

I managed to ring the first bell, Solaire was definitely a huge help. I guess the hardest part of the boss battle was dealing with the flames. They really hurt and they leave you staggered for too long.

I'm thinking of adding the Force miracle to the build, crowd control is a big issue and it's only going to get harder in later areas. Force has a very low Faith requirement (12), plenty of uses(21), and it doesn't actually harm enemies. It just pushes them back, something I guess would fall in line perfectly with Ken's intimidating presence.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By bkbroiler

I dunno how you're doing any of this, man. Congratulations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is incredibly stupid and incredibly awesome.

Dude, add emit force, force, Wrath of god and magic barrier miracles to your arsenal. Im a huge FoTNS fan, and those attacks are legit Kenshiro moves.

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By heartlessomen

@arch4non said:

I'm thinking of adding the Force miracle to the build, crowd control is a big issue and it's only going to get harder in later areas. Force has a very low Faith requirement (12), plenty of uses(21), and it doesn't actually harm enemies. It just pushes them back, something I guess would fall in line perfectly with Ken's intimidating presence.

totally add force, i'm using it for that very reason on my punch-lady...well also because i've decided to add miracles to my build...but still force does come in handy!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By psylah

I am currently playing through for maybe my 8th time trying this.

I'll tell you, beating a boss before you can get the Caesti is so fucking hard. You may end up heavy-swinging for maybe 3 damage.

But once you get them, Hokuto Shinken is INVINCIBLE.

My advice would be that if you are of the soft variety, use a weapon on the bosses, give everyone else a good fisting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.