Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Killing Sif the Great Grey Wolf Broke My Heart

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm a dog lover, what can I say? And the fact that he was guarding the grave of his master just made we want to kill him less. The music is also really fantastic for this particular boss fight. Man, and that limp animation when he gets low on health, you really feel like you are putting the poor beast out of his misery.

It took me back to Shadow of the Colossus when each time I kill one of the Colossi, I felt like a monster.

So guys, have you ever really, really not enjoyed killing a specific character in a game???

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rip in pepperoni Dutch, I miss you. (Red dead redemption)

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@songwriter1987: Did you do that before or after doing the DLC? If you did it before finishing the DLC, it may be worth your while to go back, or at least look up the alternate scene that occurs when you confront Sif after doing the DLC. That made it all the more heart wrenching for me..

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wchigo said:

@songwriter1987: Did you do that before or after doing the DLC? If you did it before finishing the DLC, it may be worth your while to go back, or at least look up the alternate scene that occurs when you confront Sif after doing the DLC. That made it all the more heart wrenching for me..

Came here to say the same thing, doing the DLC first and then the battle is such a gut punch to an already gut punch boss fight.
    Made even worse if you DLC ssssssspoilers! Summon him to help you in the one DLC boss battle, not only do you save him from those humanity ghost things, but then you get to buddy up with him and take down a boss? And then you have to kill him later? C'mon! C'MON! C'MOOOOOOOOOOON, Damn you game. The true Dark Souls starts here.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I felt bad about it. Took no joy. There was that cross breed something or other boss I could have spared also. I didn't know, and she sounded like she wasn't tracking right. But as it turned out, you did have the option, unlike Sith. Should have at least checked out her advice, after all dying is the norm in that game whether it was a con or crazy talk.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

dark souls gave me a couple of those empathy for the monster you fighting..... one specifically.... I won't tell you because if your talking about Sif and didn't play the DLC NOW, then the one that made me cry... is too much of a spoiler.

snoojis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls have had moments where I questioned whether or not what I was doing was right. Maiden Astraea from Demon's Souls then Sif and Crossbred Priscilla from Dark souls. All of which have back stories that aren't inherently evil; maybe just misunderstood. I felt dirty after all of those fights.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never did kill Priscilla.

Would've left Sif alone too if I could have. Probably even Quelaag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.