Large Titanite Shard

#1 Edited by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

So I got two units of "Large Titanite Shard", which describe themselves as "Reinforces standard weapons to +10, and raw weapons to +5".

Thing is, I can't figure out how to use them.

Neither the blacksmith nor my weapon smithbox seem to let me use them.

Google, as of this posting, does not return any results for "Large Titanite Shard" in quotes.

Any hints?

#2 Posted by Chop (1965 posts) -

Once you upgrade a weapon to +5, you'll choose to either turn it into a raw weapon or continue leveling it as is. Raw level 1-5 and normal levels 5-10 will require the use of Large Tatanite Shards to upgrade.

#3 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@Chop:

Hmm, I have upgraded my main weapon to +5. Not sure what I'm missing.

#4 Posted by Chop (1965 posts) -

@Stahlbrand: When upgrading from level 5, the weapon won't be in the reinforcement menu. It'll be in the modify menu. Not sure if that's your problem or not but I was totally missing that the first time.

#5 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@Chop: Ooh, that make sense.

Though I go to click on it and get the "Special ember required to blacksmiths to ascend weapons" message. So maybe my winged spear needs a different item than Large Titanite Shards, or this smith under the bell tower just isn't the right guy for the job.

Thanks.

#6 Edited by bushpusherr (714 posts) -

I believe you need to give him the "Large Ember" to get weapons from +5 to +10, and then the "Very Large Ember" to go to +15.

Large Ember Location:

It is found very close to the entrance of The Depths. When you kill the butcher chopping the meat on the table, it is located in the chest next to the table.
#7 Edited by JesseCherry (63 posts) -

Yah, it confused me too. The spoiler he left doesn't really reveal too much, just the location of the ember

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Stahlbrand: did you give the large ember to the smith?
#9 Posted by Stahlbrand (835 posts) -

@kingzetta: I didn't have the Large Ember at the time, and I've been working too much to get back to DS the last few days. But I've got some off time coming up as of Sunday for Canadian Thanksgiving, and I'll get that Large Ember then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.