Largest number of souls you have lost?

• 182 results
#151 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

120k. The Bed of Chaos is the only part so far where I've thought the game was being completely unfair.

So I just hit the testicles on it's back? Okay... *falls in surprise hole*
#152 Edited by Chokoloco (1 posts) -

33k, was pretty bummed after getting 20k from the Stray Demon. Headed down to New Londo and ended up dying twice by the ghost swarms, just below the old dude on the roof who heals curses.

#153 Posted by SgtSphynx (1410 posts) -

4 humanity and 120-something thousand souls

#154 Posted by HistoryInRust (6323 posts) -

Lost 13,000 last night after plunging my Black Knight Sword through Capra Demon's skull.

Fucking surprise slime in the Depths.

#155 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

120 000+. I fell to my death on my way to pick them up.

#156 Posted by SunBroZak (1142 posts) -

200,000-ish. I was grinding for a titanite slab in the New Londo Ruins. Ended up getting overrun by Darkwraiths, then fell in the water on my way back. Annoying, but at that point souls weren't really an issue.

#157 Posted by triviaman09 (802 posts) -

Just started playing the game (beat the Taurus Demon) but around 4K. It's not a big deal, really. Souls aren't that important.

#158 Posted by cloudymusic (1138 posts) -

36k or something in Demon's Souls, but it never bothers me too terribly much; all it is is time. I'm sure that if I spent much time in NG+/++, I'd have far greater horror stories.

#159 Edited by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

35000 to the archers in Anor Londo. I was very sad.

#160 Edited by Ezekiel (462 posts) -

1 or 2 million. Mostly AI/PvE souls.

#161 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I think it was something 9 billion. I googled how much xp you needed to max out everything and used cheat engine to give it to myself. I had to get up to go do something before I could redeem them and when I put my hand down it landed on my keyboard and the guy walked off the edge into the abyss.

As for legitimately losing it, I think it was something like 30-40k. It was the first time I met one of those dark knight guys and had spent a few hours grinding before hand. I was frustrated after he like 1 shot me and I ran back without thinking and just got raped the whole way.

#162 Posted by Hayt (292 posts) -

I lost 150k I think, but this is on NG++ and I always wear the extra souls ring when fighting bosses so it was only the booty from one boss fight and I need 200k to level up

#163 Posted by benspyda (2035 posts) -

Once you've maxed all you need to statwise losing 50k and up at times isn't a big deal. The worse times are early on when your just scraping by to get to the next bonfire and you lose them. Many times in the early game I lost 5k here and there, which is a real bummer. I think I had far worse things happen to me in Demon Souls though. Those Mindflayers lost me many souls.

#164 Posted by Lukeweizer (2692 posts) -

25k and 9 Humanity in Anor Londo. Those fucking snipers.

#165 Edited by Chemin (632 posts) -

Probably only around 300k or something. I seldom walk around with that many souls on me tbh. As long as there are things to buy or level up.

#166 Edited by chkdsk1991 (32 posts) -

12 million and 99 humanities :(

I was trying the duke skip and almost pulled it off; the only problem was that I landed on the outside ledge of the balcony at which point I tried to go around and reach the rotating stair, only to fall to my death(tried to quit as fast as possible but failed :( ).

Didn't have any rings of sacrifice(already used all the ones for the playthrough) and couldn't pull off the jump the second time, but I saw my bloodstain on the stupid ledge while falling to my death :|

In the end I was already at a good soul level, I bought every consumable item and material that I needed beforehand so it wasn't that big of a deal(Souls lose a looot of value when you start doing pvp).

#167 Edited by Nordom (29 posts) -

150k souls or so.

Was farming the giants in Anor Londo at the first bonfire and needed to go back to the blacksmith in Undead Parish (I haden't gotten the lordvessel yet), so I had to go through Sen's Fortress. I died right after getting out of the cage from the elevator shortcut and when I went down the elevator again, I had to take the other cage closest to the lizard that is at the bottom and he body blocked me so I couldn't get out of the cage while the female lizard threw lightning at me from above.

Pretty sure I also panicked alittle bit when it happened, and that probably didn't help :-)

#168 Posted by Gatehouse (636 posts) -

The most was 141k and 5 humanity. I got cocky fighting the phantoms in the Darkroot Garden making my way back to my Sif bloodstain on NG+. Was not happy at all.

#169 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

about 250k. It was my own damn fault though.. I literally had the biggest fail roll ever, and wasn't even mad I deserved it so much.

#170 Edited by Sinusoidal (1544 posts) -

50'000. I dropped them when Seath killed me in the battle that you can't win at the top of the archives and then lost them when I went human to kindle the nearest bonfire to have more Estus to make it back up there and got invaded by some Shotel wielder who kept smacking me through my block back when I didn't know what the Shotel was. That severely pissed me off at the time. I thought the guy was cheating or something.

#171 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1132 posts) -

Half a million, 495k or something 50 humaity...two stat upgrades...

#172 Posted by Heltom92 (713 posts) -

About 41K last night, died twice on my way to Seath. Not a massive amount but it was just the right amount to level up so that was kinda shitty.

#173 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Millions

#174 Posted by Hazzae (1 posts) -

lost 31k with 1 humanity at the entrance to blighttown

#175 Posted by Capum15 (4907 posts) -

Maybe like, 3-6k or so (under 10k at least). Never lost many souls that I couldn't recover, usually spent all that I could before going onwards from a bonfire or blacksmith.

#176 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

I think it was somewhere around 18k. Yeah, that sure hurt.

#177 Posted by probablytuna (3684 posts) -

I think I lost about 10 - 12k one time late into the game but by that point 10k of souls is so little in the grand scheme of things I didn't really care that much.

#178 Posted by HH (610 posts) -

75k, which was about 4 levels at the time, all took from black phantom invaders in the great forest with the help of an awesome white phantom, and then all unnecessarily lost in the fight against Sif.

#179 Edited by erik_mckenny (7 posts) -

What are y'all doing running around with so many souls? Recipe for disaster.

#180 Edited by Caboose97 (1 posts) -

This topic is pretty old, but I recently ran into some bullshit, and I need to vent.

So, I'm in NG+ in Demon's Souls. Gotta fight the Flamelurker. Didn't like fighting him in NG, but hey, I'm beef! I got this, right?

No. No I don't. Not at all. he's down to around 25% health, and begins to spam his fire bomb shit.

First hit knocks my stamina all the way down, second hurts pretty badly, third isn't looking so good, and fourth offed me. I was staggered after each hit as well, so rolling wasn't gonna work.

Guess what? I lost over 500K souls. I had them since before the end of NG, and they're gone.

Oh, but it wasn't because of the Flamelurker's dumb spam tomfoolery, but because I FELL TO MY DEATH.

Then, I went outside and began to murder every person I saw.

#181 Edited by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (722 posts) -

I was running around in the area where that golden fog door is after beating Ceaseless Discharge. I saw a treasure chest after going through the three taurus demons. After killing that one hanging worm, I ran for the chest, and got annihilated by four of those fucking things. Upon respawning, I somehow and for some stupid reason ran and jumped off the walkway and to my character's death. I lost close to 40,000 souls. I was pretty pissed off.

For the record, this is my first play through on the first game. I played up to NG+3 on the second one. I'm pretty sure I've missed all kinds of shit on this first go around.

#182 Posted by Skyfire543 (699 posts) -

Not that many souls, but I was so elated when I beat the Bell Gargoyles on my first try (after hearing they were hard) that I started blasting the Black Knight 2k pinball music and running around the roof you fight them on. I fell off the roof and lost the 13k souls that I had. A friend of mine was in the room and thought it was hilarious, and now she wont stop mentioning it whenever I play Dark Souls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.