Last Load Our Last Souls Today?

Edited 3 months, 14 days ago

Last Load Our Last Souls Today? (78 votes)

True 18%
False 4%
Tralse 14%
Dat final boss music 21%
Iron Flesh 23%
Power Within 8%
Fence sitter (show me poll results) 13%

So today might mark the last LOLS. Vinny doesn't really have much left to do. Ian has left (or is leaving?) and the world is falling apart. I know I'm gonna be there to cheer Vbomb on whilst Matt Rorie frets about the chat being down. Patrick has started up his own playthrough on his own Twitch and YT channels (though he admits he plays some of it on his own time, and only really streams and uploads when there are bosses to be fought). Souls errywhere! Can you tell I'm excited?

#1 Posted by JackSukeru (5819 posts) -

I really hope they do what everyone's been saying and go after the Dark Sun before facing Gwyn.

#2 Posted by jclane (326 posts) -

@jacksukeru: Yeah, he should finish Gwyndolin up before going to fight papa bear. Not that old snake legs is gonna give him much trouble anyway.

#3 Posted by gerrid (283 posts) -

I'm envisioning a full on two parry destruction of gwyn, no damage taken, and the dark ending.

Hopefully he'll go and kill every single NPC too.

#4 Posted by Frobitz (151 posts) -

Hey, Dark Souls II is out soon. They could just roll straight into that and get the thrill of new Souls which is entirely different from when the community has pretty much mined the game of its secrets. I'd be cool with that if there was some way to check their progress so you weren't spoiling your own play through by seeing stuff you hadn't gotten to. Maybe not make it a live show for a start.

#5 Posted by crusader8463 (14326 posts) -

The way they talked in the last episode made it seem like it was already over. So it's all bonus from here as I though it was done.

#6 Posted by jclane (326 posts) -

@crusader8463: Vinny still has 1 optional boss and the final area/boss to conquer, I believe. The game does have a definitive ending(s) to it with credits, so it'll be over when those roll until NG+ (but that's probably not going to happen).

#7 Edited by TheHT (10294 posts) -

Frue goddamnit.

#8 Posted by bybeach (4614 posts) -

@gerrid said:

I'm envisioning a full on two parry destruction of gwyn, no damage taken, and the dark ending.

I almost responded that no, he will not muck it up and will play the game right. Then I caught myself. It has nothing to do with Vinny, but how many of the posts were in other threads. And then I was just about to pick a number on the 'right' theme, heh.

As for the play though, it's ones choice to watch it or not. I am having that debate, as much as I enjoy watching Vinny. I'm in the Dukes library, right now. But hey, I watched Vinny do that, even got invaded(kind of expected it) at the same bonfire.

#9 Posted by HistoryInRust (6221 posts) -

@gerrid said:

Oh god, the glory of this proposition.

#10 Posted by afabs515 (844 posts) -

@gerrid said:

Haha. I didn't even think of that, but now I hope you're right.

Also, unless they decide beforehand to split this up into 2 parts (one part for Gwyndolin and one for Gwyn), there's no reason why this can't be done within 1.5 hours.

#11 Posted by pyrodactyl (1652 posts) -

I really hope they do what everyone's been saying and go after the Dark Sun before facing Gwyn.

Not sure that matters, really. If he sticks with a good loadout he'll crush that boss. With Gwyn that's an other story...

#12 Edited by cloudymusic (923 posts) -

I'd like to see one more Black Knight 2000 dance for old time's sake once he beats Gwyn.

I also predict that Vinny's going to choose one ending or the other by pure accident.

#13 Posted by JackSukeru (5819 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: Not sure what matters? I just want to see them discover dark Anor Londo, fight the fire keeper, all that good stuff. You don't have to attack Gwynevere to fight Gwyndolin, but it's the most interesting route.

#14 Posted by bushpusherr (714 posts) -

EVERYONE IS MANUS

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.