Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Lautrec the guilty.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

How am I supposed to defeat him? There are three of them and i'm not able to use estus flasks. How is that fair.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Kill Lautrec and the other two disappear just like in a normal invasion.

Focus him down fast.

Also if you really need to heal and have 12+ Faith you can purchase the Heal spell from the Cleric at Firelink. I pretty much always have it on me when I go white phantom now because it's invaluable having a way to heal in phantom form.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@LordXavierBritish: That cleric left. Am I screwed?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @ImmortalSaiyan: You won't be able to buy Miracles until much later in the game, though that isn't that big a deal unless you were a faith build.

I don't know what would make him leave though, I've never heard of him straight up leaving.

Edit: Okay I looked it up. Apparently if you restart your game he should be back.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@LordXavierBritish: Define restart. I only have 8 Faith, I never upgraded it once.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kazzurak

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

How am I supposed to defeat him? There are three of them and i'm not able to use estus flasks. How is that fair.

When i went there i poisoned the sorcerer with my bow and poison arrows which pulled him and i killed him where as soon as he was dead the spear guy were where i was so i killed him and Lautrec pretty much just stood still until i came too close, just be careful because his attacks hurts alot and he can bypass your shield with his strong attacks because of the shotel weapon. GL

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

You can actually pull the knight really easily. Just pop an arrow and let him run at you, then pull the sorc and wait for Lautrec to follow suit. Wait for the sorcerer to cast something and kill him with a backstab. Lautrec is a hilarious enemy by himself.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @ImmortalSaiyan: Quit the game and then go back in.

If you have 8 Faith don't even bother with him though.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MiniPato

I beat him without any miracles or healing. You can backstab the sorcerer and he'll die in about two backstabs. Just run around and wait for an opening and then roll away asap before the two others whack you. Then it's just a matter of running up the stairs and doing drop down attacks as they try to follow you. Basically just run up the stairs and on the second flight of stairs drop down stab on Lautrec or the other knight as they come up. It was really satisfying figuring out this strategy because I too had a really hard time with this part. I ended up killing Lautrec before the other knight and got killed by him, but it still counted as a victory and I got the exp and the items.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I can't pull the knight. They are too close together for that. I may just give up on this for now.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Donos

I'm stuck in the same way, I've tried to pull people but they always all charge. Drop attacks could work, if they actually hit and I wasn't surrounded by 3 people. Also, my armor is shit.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By benjaebe

What kind of character are you? I was able to take them down pretty fast, the two phantoms only have about 700HP each and once it's just you and Lautrec it's pretty easy to take him on. I was level 49, had a +5 lightning spear and the Crest Shield +3. Rush down the sorcerer first and take him out ASAP, since those random soul arrows can really fuck you over.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@benjaebe: I'm using the a lighting spear ,Quelaag's fury and a Grass Crest shield.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By benjaebe

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@benjaebe: I'm using the a lighting spear ,Quelaag's fury and a Grass Crest shield.

It might help you to have a shield that does 100% physical damage block. I think the Grass Crest only does 95, which although pretty good, can make kind of a difference when you can't heal. Otherwise just rush the sorcerer down asap and then try and get the knight. Fighting Lautrec 1-on-1 isn't too bad, just keep in mind that he can't be backstabbed. You can always come back and do it later, though. I had to wait until after the boss was defeated for my level to be high enough.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@benjaebe:Yeah, I think i'm going to wait. Sucks because I wan to use my fire keeper souls. My estus flask has been +1 for a long while.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benjaebe

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@benjaebe:Yeah, I think i'm going to wait. Sucks because I wan to use my fire keeper souls. My estus flask has been +1 for a long while.

If you speak to the Anor Londo firekeeper she can upgrade your flask for you. It's right across from the path to the castle, if you haven't been there yet.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@benjaebe said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

If you speak to the Anor Londo firekeeper she can upgrade your flask for you. It's right across from the path to the castle, if you haven't been there yet.

I did not think that there was another fire keeper. Where exactly is she? Taking directions is not my forte.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.