Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Lost; so much finished, and no idea where to go from here.

Zozmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zozmic

I've rung both Bells, cleared the lava area (abyss?) up to the fog gate, which I can't open (Thanks alot, Developers! Got me killed alot for nothin'.), cleared the catacombs to the Tomb of the Giants, but heard theres another orange gate I can't open in there; talked to Donkeyface (the Kingfinder), who told me to go to Sen's fortress, which I can't clear because I'm not doing NEAR enough damage to the snake-men. Can't beat Sif, because his doubleattack keeps getting me (lol, I know...should be able to dodge it, right?). and I don't have any humanity to use to revive, so I can summon help, because I spent it all trying to get Kirk to spawn in hell, where Libras continued to walk all over me (I've got the hang of them now, but that doesn't get my humanity back, nor does it summon Kirk.) Im level 42, with a low-magic, high strength build, and my best weapons are Gravelord's Sword, Stone Greatsword, and Drake's, which sucks because I know that Gravelord and Drake's are going to peter out soon.

So, to prevent this from becoming a total wash, where should I go?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Zozmic: What do you mean, you're not doing good damage to the lizards in Sens? Maybe whatever you're using they have lots of resistance to because I am way less far than you and I conquered Sen's with very little difficulty. Used a Dark Knight Sword +2 and a +7 winged spear until I got the lightning spear in the dungeon. But that's definitely where you need to go next.
    Zozmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zozmic

@SuperfluousMoniker:Drakes does like 24 damage, Gravelord's does 93 and I haven't even tried my Stone Greatsword, because I don't have enough strength to one-hand it (their attacks are catching me off guard, and I don't feel like getting zapped to death by the casters.)

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zozmic: You don't have to kill very many of them. 100ish damage should be enough, they only have like four or five hundred HP I think.
    Zozmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zozmic

@SuperfluousMoniker: Thats all fine and well...if I could get past the one who's lightning seems to be perfectly timed to push me into a swinging blade.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By strainedeyes

@Zozmic said:

@SuperfluousMoniker: Thats all fine and well...if I could get past the one who's lightning seems to be perfectly timed to push me into a swinging blade.

Well that's just your timing's fault. Based on what you've finished, you should be able to tackle Sen's Fortress. Find your best weapon that won't peter out and upgrade that bitch.

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zozmic: I used the shield the enemies in Undead Burg drop, it's a surprisingly strong shield with good electric resist. But even without it, just block the lightning and walk past the blades one at a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.