messages and ratings

#1 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

How do I leave a message and/or rate a message? I have the 360 version of this game?

#2 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

You have to buy the appropriate item from a merchant. There's one right away in undead burg that you can buy from.

#3 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

What is the item called? I gave all my souls in the beginning to the fat priest guy ... Which was dumb.

#4 Edited by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

Orange guidance soapstone if I remember right. It's pretty easy to farm souls to get enough. Just have to respawn the enemies in undead burg once or twice.

#5 Posted by Marz (5652 posts) -

I hope no one confuses our names for each other in the future >:(

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

Do you have to keep buying the item or is it a one time purchase with infinite uses?

#7 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

@Marz said:

My name is actually Mars. What made you choose Marz?

#8 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

@Marz said:

I actually really did think it was you, since I'm a follower xD.

#9 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

@JCTango said:

@Marz said:

It happens ... although feel free to follow me as well.

#10 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

Do you have to keep buying the item or is it a one time purchase with infinite uses?

Infinite use. Also its a mere 100 souls.

#11 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

Good thing I bought that before I accidentally attacked him, although he did drop a cool katana

#12 Posted by JCTango (1362 posts) -

@Mars said:

@JCTango said:

@Marz said:

It happens ... although feel free to follow me as well.

Sure, you got it, heh. 2 Mars(z) are better than 1 :D.

#13 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

For what its worth, I found the merchant in Undeadburg ... after you fight your way up the stairs, before you get to the bonfire that is to the left before the walkway where you have enemies throwing fireballs at you, if you look to your right; you will see another area with two enemies. Fight them off and go downstairs. Directly in front of the stairs, down, is an opening with the merchant sitting on the ground. I farmed the shit out of this area. Thanks for everybody's help. Loving this game so far.

#14 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Aaaaah, I can't wait anymore for my copy! Curse you, EU release dates. :(

#15 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@Cincaid said:

Aaaaah, I can't wait anymore for my copy! Curse you, EU release dates. :(

So bloody true.
#16 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

I am surprisingly satisfied with this game ... its brutal at times ... but I am loving it. I have not made any significant progress in about 2 hours now, but I still can't put the controller down ... except for now.

#17 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

Agreed, it's surprising how satisfying the game feels even when you're not making much progress. I spent a good chunk of time yesterday just exploring different areas for loot and farming without actually progressing toward the first bell. I can see now why people find dying to be fun.

#18 Posted by Shadowcoust (38 posts) -

Protip: If you come across an awkwardly positioned treasure chest with a message in front of it saying "Amazing weapon ahead!" with a +10 rating, you probably shouldn't open it.

#19 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

@Shadowcoust said:

Protip: If you come across an awkwardly positioned treasure chest with a message in front of it saying "Amazing weapon ahead!" with a +10 rating, you probably shouldn't open it.

Where is that at?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.