Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

My build: does it need adjustment?

Karahaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Karahaut

This is my first time making a build after buying this game last Friday. I've been experimenting and doing plenty of trial and error. I've decided that I want to try and score the Silver Knight Straight Sword as my main weapon, and for armor, The Elite Knight Armor set looks nice. Since I already know that the armor is easy to get, it's the matter of getting the weapon later on... which shouldn't be TOO difficult. In any case, I'm about level 14 as I started as a Pyromancer; my stats meet up for the Drake Sword and VIT is at about 16. I'm planning on pumping dexterity to 22 for the sword, and everything else will go into VIT and END as I see fit. I'm planning for SL 120 PvP later on...

As the title says, how does this look so far? Am I being too hasteful or anything? Give me some criticism/opinions, please!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WMWA

Sounds pretty decent. I roll with havel's armor, ornsteins leggings, gloves and mask of the child. Chaos washing pole +5. Flip ring and hornets ring for PVP and pve. Its all about how you use it, man.

Karahaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karahaut

Good to see it isn't looking so bad. I'll probably pick up Havel Ring if ican; last time I met him he demolished me.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

Might be useful to know what weapons scale with certain stats. You may have read that the drake sword doesn't scale with anything at all, so keep that in mind when looking for your desired weapon. Spears and rapiers tend to fair much better with higher dex, as they are lighter weapons built for speed, hence dexterity. Compare that to greatswords and heavy axes which scale with strength/endurance. Don't neglect one stat or the other too much but keep them in mind when levelling. Also, know what works for you and what you have become accustomed to, therefore you wont fret when you have too many items to level up with material/souls etc.

Match all that with the right armour and rings, Havels ring is a must if you're planning to sprint around with a large sword and heavy armour, as most players rock with it in pvp, where as the ninja-flip ring and defense buff rings fair better with lighter builds built for pure dodging and magic focused builds. There are two web based wikis that tell all but if you want to refrain from that for realism it's down to you.

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndyD74

Are you on ps3 or xbox? I have a few silver knight swords in my inventory and can give you one. I'm on ps3 and my psn is green_lntrn_2814. I'm level 20.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

You might find yourself getting better at the game not using the Drake Sword, additionally there's not much else that needs that much Dex that's worth a damn (one of the BK weapons is all I can think of). Heavy Vit and Endurance is a safe bet, but also a pretty boring/easy way to play all things considered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.