Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Need some help/advice on how to proceed in Dark Souls (spoilers)

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Aetheldod

A@Rhaknar: Well one of my character has a nice 180 hours in it ^____^ ... and it has been recently that I figured out what the S , A , B etc. in the stats are for :P ( When I played the Artorias DLC) So there is always some surprises in the game you never know ... I love this game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#152  Edited By Rhaknar

moss lady only sold 1 and the rats have a shitty drop rate, this might need some good old mmo-style farming music

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Aetheldod

@Rhaknar: There was a NPC that sold more humanities ..... perhaps the Adventurer? (the one who was on the depths next to the entrance to Blighttown , if he is not there then he is on the lower part of the brdge that is next to the firelink)) Or was it the one on the Belltower (the one who is on the belltower after the Gargoyles fight) I m sorry if I dont remember correctly.

Nah read the wiki and they dont sell them :( sorry. But what you can do is exhcange ring of sacrifice with snuggy the crow. She is at the undeaad Asylum on one of the sides of the cliffs next to the tombstones (on the right side looking from the asylum to the big crow´s nest). You will see a very small bird nest and snuggy (a female voice) will tell you to give her something soft etc. So what you need to do is on the nest drop the ring. Die and get back to it and a new item will be available. If you have a rare ring of sacrifice you can exchange it for a twin humanity. Note it only works once per playthrough (Meaning you can exhcange an item 1 time , but you can keep exchanging other items with her)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Rhaknar

@Aetheldod said:

@Rhaknar: There was a NPC that sold more humanities ..... perhaps the Adventurer? (the one who was on the depths next to the entrance to Blighttown , if he is not there then he is on the lower part of the brdge that is next to the firelink)) Or was it the one on the Belltower (the one who is on the belltower after the Gargoyles fight) I m sorry if I dont remember correctly.

up to 14 now, Ill stop at 20. The sewer npc that sold some armor isnt there anymore... in fact people keep disapearing, the pyromancy dude I saved isnt in firelink anymore either. Is it that fucker I released from prison that keeps killing them?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

@Aetheldod said:

up to 14 now, Ill stop at 20. The sewer npc that sold some armor isnt there anymore... in fact people keep disapearing, the pyromancy dude I saved isnt in firelink anymore either. Is it that fucker I released from prison that keeps killing them?

They have just relocated. Sewer NPC (has a helmet with horns) has relocated to Firelink near all those undead soldiers and the one that throws the fire grenade. He's below the bridge. It's a dangerous jump to get it him, but I believe you can at least see where he is. The pyromancer has gone into the swamps depending on how you answered some of his questions. Note that you should never attack an NPC unless they try to attack you first. There can be a total of 3 NPC characters directly in the poison swamp. Did you happen to find the secret door in the spider cocoon area that lead to the white spider lady NPC?

As for your troubles in Anor Londo the starting bonfire you want to use is the Darkmoon Tomb one that is reached by turning the spinning staircase all the way down and then walking down it. You can't miss it. When you get back to Anor Londo you wills imply ride the elevator platform down and the spinning staircase will be right in front of you (you can use that hand switch next to it to turn it in your direction if the bridge part isn't facing you). You turn the spinning staircase to face the huge double doors that would now be open. That path up the flight of stairs outside (before reaching the two giants in armor) the double doors is the place that everyone lays down their summon sign. You should see a bunch of them when you're a human. Take two people with you and you'll be set. I don't know the skill level of the PC crowd, but phantoms that you summon can generally handle O & S mostly on their own just make sure to keep drinking Estus to heal them. You have to drink up to heal them unless they have healing spells.

By the way you should get a message saying that you can invade the world of the guilty right before you get to the fog gate of the boss. That guy in gold armor is waiting for you, but do that after you beat the boss.

I also believe you are ready for this video.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Aetheldod said:

They have just relocated. Sewer NPC (has a helmet with horns) has relocated to Firelink near all those undead soldiers and the one that throws the fire grenade. He's below the bridge. It's a dangerous jump to get it him, but I believe you can at least see where he is. The pyromancer has gone into the swamps depending on how you answered some of his questions. Note that you should never attack an NPC unless they try to attack you first. There can be a total of 3 NPC characters directly in the poison swamp. Did you happen to find the secret door in the spider cocoon area that lead to the white spider lady NPC?

yeah I found her, joind her covenant and she gave me the great fireball spell, which I cant use >_> I rarely use spells anyway. And I think the only npcs Ive attacked that didnt attack me were the ghost lady boss in the painting world, and those mushroom dudes in the forrest... I feel bad about those dudes :(

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Aetheldod said:

yeah I found her, joind her covenant and she gave me the great fireball spell, which I cant use >_> I rarely use spells anyway. And I think the only npcs Ive attacked that didnt attack me were the ghost lady boss in the painting world, and those mushroom dudes in the forrest... I feel bad about those dudes :(

Are you saying you don't have enough attunement slots (level up attunement stat) to put the fireball on your casting list or that you don't have a pyromancy glove? You can get a pyromancy glove from the servant of the white spider lady. You use souls to level up your fire glove and increase the power of your fire spells. If you have not used any pyromancy up to this point then it would make the current boss fight and every other fight in the game a whole lot easier.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Aetheldod said:

Are you saying you don't have enough attunement slots (level up attunement stat) to put the fireball on your casting list or that you don't have a pyromancy glove? You can get a pyromancy glove from the servant of the white spider lady. You use souls to level up your fire glove and increase the power of your fire spells. If you have not used any pyromancy up to this point then it would make the current boss fight and every other fight in the game a whole lot easier.

I have a glove, I use the normal fireball spell, I just cant use the great one, its grayed out. I only have 10 int, I assume thats why

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Rhaknar: It's been a little while since I've played, but I think the great fireball spell requires two attunement slots. So, if you have already have one selected (or only have one), you're not going to be able to equip it. I'm also pretty sure that all pyromancy spells do not have an intelligence requirement.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Aetheldod said:

I have a glove, I use the normal fireball spell, I just cant use the great one, its grayed out. I only have 10 int, I assume thats why

Stats have NOTHING to do with pyromancy spells.

The description of the glove fools almost everyone, but stats have nothing to do with your ability to use a pyromancy spell. It's all in the glove. There are a few NPCs in the world that have the ability to upgrade your glove (the pyromancer that you saved, the infected cocoon servant of the white spider lady, and a black hooded woman (wears cloak like the bad guys in lord of the rings) that sits next to a pillar in front of the cocoon with the trolls that throw rocks.

You talk to them and ask them to level up your glove with souls. You have the potential to deal 500+ dmg even at Level 1. You want to do that and get Combustion or Great Combustion.

To equip more spells you sit at a bonfire and Attune Magic to choose which spells to equip. The chaos fireball actually requires two slots to use it. If you don't have enough slots you need to level up your Attunement stat as it determines how many slots you have for your miracles/sorcery/pyromancy spells.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#161  Edited By Canteu

@Rhaknar: It took me 67 hours to S-rank the game. The week it came out, without a wiki.

Entirely solo.

These days nuthin.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Rhaknar

hmm aparently I missed the very large ember from the depths and thats why I cant make weapons after +5... what the fuck :( says its behind the first butcher, Im sure thats where I got the first ember for up to +5, this guide seems screwy :(

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

hmm aparently I missed the very large ember from the depths and thats why I cant make weapons after +5... what the fuck :( says its behind the first butcher, Im sure thats where I got the first ember for up to +5, this guide seems screwy :(

There are two options to level up a weapon when you talk to the blacksmith in the parish. Check modify weapon.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#164  Edited By Nentisys

@Rhaknar said:

I felt bad about killing those little mushroom people too :(

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Canteu

@Rhaknar: Also, that key you got. It opens a door leading to Havel, right at the bottom of darkroot basin. Also a shortcut to undeadburg.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

There are two options to level up a weapon when you talk to the blacksmith in the parish. Check modify weapon.

but thats for magic or elemental weapons isnt it? I want a regular +10 to make queelag's sword. Either way my Shotel +5 doesnt show up anyware to upgrade after 5.

edit: 1 humanity down, got invaded and ganked before reaching the boss, while clearing the room. Yup, I sure hate this system alright :/

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By JJOR64

Just use a walkthrough when you play the game. That is what I did.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By cannedstingray

This is a cool thread. I love when someone new gets into Dark souls and Demon's souls, and the amount of folks who are willing to help..

It really bumms me out to hear people who don't give the game a fair shot, and then just dismiss it to everyone. On the other hand it is super cool when you hear about somebody getting sucked in. I've bought Dark Souls on the 360, PS3, and the PC, and have spent 60-80 hrs on each copy (I'm an idiot, but I like to support devs who make awesome games) .

These are games that I keep coming back to, just for the amount of depth in them..

Sorry for being off-topic, but I just wanted to comment on how cool it is to see threads like this

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

but thats for magic or elemental weapons isnt it? I want a regular +10 to make queelag's sword. Either way my Shotel +5 doesnt show up anyware to upgrade after 5.

edit: 1 humanity down, got invaded and ganked before reaching the boss, while clearing the room. Yup, I sure hate this system alright :/

you give the ember found in the chest besides the table where the bucher was to the blacksmith in the undead parish (beardy guy). When he as it, you can modify your +5 weapons into +6 weapons by talking to him. Pick modify weapon instead of reenforce in the menu.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Rhaknar
    No Caption Provided

fuck...YOU >_< Sweet Jesus, Solaire died so I did half of Smough's health by cheesing him to death with arrows circling around the broken pilars... IM NOT EVEN ASHAMED! :p

edit: thats a big ass ladie, with some big ass titties :O

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

Where you invaded by Knight Kirk by any chance? If you don't want to get invaded just play in offline mode.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Rhaknar said:

No Caption Provided

fuck...YOU >_< Sweet Jesus, Solaire died so I did half of Smough's health by cheesing him to death with arrows circling around the broken pilars... IM NOT EVEN ASHAMED! :p

good work, killing those 2 with less than a +10 weapon and +6ish armor is total madness.

Switching out the health leech ring for bosses would be a good idea. Get the havel ring (to equipe better armor), the wolf ring, the stoneplate ring or the ring that boosts stam regen. They're all better.

Smithers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Smithers

@Rhaknar said:

No Caption Provided

edit: thats a big ass ladie, with some big ass titties :O

Huzzah!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By golguin

Now you should pay the guy in gold armor a visit. You can invade him in the area right before the fog gate. The item will automatically activate telling you to invade so u can revive the firekeeper in firelink.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

Now you should pay the guy in gold armor a visit. You can invade him in the area right before the fog gate. The item will automatically activate telling you to invade so u can revive the firekeeper in firelink.

fog gate? err is that the one that the giant opened when I rung the bells?

Also, to the people that said that modify weapon would work to go over +5 you were right, thank you :) got my +10 curved now so I can make queelag's, see how that is, if I like it Ill start dumping points into dex

Smithers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Smithers

Nah, when you looted the firelink keeper's body you should have picked up a specific item - the "cracked black eye orb" or something like that. You can use it in the big chamber before you fought Fatboy & Slim, you'll invade Lautrec's world and you can kill him and his buddies, then go back to firelink and you can revive the keeper.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#177  Edited By s10129107

You should just explore more and craft more.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Canteu

@Rhaknar: Alright. Now go turn that soul into Smough's Hammer. The most badassinest weapon in the game.

Only real men may wield.

When that guy said fog gate, he meant the one to access S+O. That room is different now.

And, Queelag's Sword deals damage based on your current humanity total.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Rhaknar

so THAT's why I kept getting a message that my black eye was quivering or some shit.

Queelag seems cool, very fast, hard to adjust after spending so much time with the big one. I dont understand how the fire damage works tho, I seem to be only hitting for the physical amount

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Rhaknar said:

so THAT's why I kept getting a message that my black eye was quivering or some shit.

Queelag seems cool, very fast, hard to adjust after spending so much time with the big one. I dont understand how the fire damage works tho, I seem to be only hitting for the physical amount

fire damage is included in the total damage (number you get from hitting ennemies). The fire damage is very good but the physical damage is not. Don't use it agains ennemies resistent to fire.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By mordukai

@Rhaknar said:

I might have misread your comment but are you really trying fire on a fire based enemy? Or do you mean when you get hit it seems only for the physical amount.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Rhaknar

@mordukai said:

@Rhaknar said:

I might have misread your comment but are you really trying fire on a fire based enemy? Or do you mean when you get hit it seems only for the physical amount.

the second part :P the weapon says something like +90 and +40 on the physical, which is exactly what Im hitting for, around 130. on the fire icon it says +230, but im not getting hits for 230 at all.its quite fast tho, by the time I had 1 hit with the black knight sword I can usually get 2 in with this, guess it balances out.

Gold armor dude and his ghost buddies was easy, then again everything seems easy after S & O >_>

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By mordukai

@Rhaknar: Well you are trying fire damage on a boss that's immune to fire. Like with Demon's Souls; fire based enemies have a weakness to magic damage and in Dark Souls case, the newly added lighting damage.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Rhaknar

@mordukai said:

@Rhaknar: Well you are trying fire damage on a boss that's immune to fire. Like with Demon's Souls; fire based enemies have a weakness to magic damage and in Dark Souls case, the newly added lighting damage.

err I was just attacking one of those silver knights thats all, not any boss :) So now I need 4 powerful souls, I guess from those dudes from the intro (I recognized the name of the undead guy), you guys werent kidding when you said the game "starts now"... 40 horus in >_>

Should be fun!

No Caption Provided
    liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By liako21

@Rhaknar: kill that dude. he should be wearing gold. his ring is pretty good increases your stam and endur. but dont take it off becasue it will break.

Ive rung the second bell and now im kind of just meh....killed that bill lava monster as well and freed big hat logan. kind weird but the game feels like a chore now. it took me 30 hours to get their i suppose i got my monies worth. i will probably try to beat it later.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Rhaknar

@liako21 said:

@Rhaknar: kill that dude. he should be wearing gold. his ring is pretty good increases your stam and endur. but dont take it off becasue it will break.

Ive rung the second bell and now im kind of just meh....killed that bill lava monster as well and freed big hat logan. kind weird but the game feels like a chore now. it took me 30 hours to get their i suppose i got my monies worth. i will probably try to beat it later.

Im still way into it, except for today with the stupid boss, but now that thats done with Im back in...until the next roadblock :p where did you free big hat logan by the way, I didnt do that :o

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#187  Edited By TobbRobb

@Rhaknar: Logan is in Sen's fortress, you can steer the mechanism with the giant boulders to break down a wall.

Good job on getting the powerduo down. It's the hardest boss in the game in my opinion, at least the first time.

Speaking of hard bosses the first time, you should save the new londo ruins for last. Just a hunch.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Rhaknar

@TobbRobb said:

@Rhaknar: Logan is in Sen's fortress, you can steer the mechanism with the giant boulders to break down a wall.

Good job on getting the powerduo down. It's the hardest boss in the game in my opinion, at least the first time.

Speaking of hard bosses the first time, you should save the new londo ruins for last. Just a hunch.

is that the ghost place? or was that old londo? TOO MANY LONDOS!

I sent the boulder in all 4 directions and didnt see any wall break :(

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By TobbRobb

@Rhaknar: Ghost place. ^^

Well did you follow the boulder down?. It's the middle lane btw.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By mordukai

@TobbRobb said:

Screw that place. And not int eh "oh it's hard place but fun..

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#191  Edited By mosespippy

The fire damage on Quelaag's Furysword scales with your humanity. It's best when you have 10 and worst when you have 0.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Seauton
    @Rhaknar Well done! That and beating the game were the best feelings I had during my play through.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Aetheldod

@Rhaknar: Great!!!!!!! told you could do it duder ^^ ..... for big hat Logan is the middle lane and you MUST follow the boulder all the way down till it crashes on the wall. And oh man I could tell you were to go but I rather let you go at it and see if you need more tips. But great that you are still enjoying the game and your character looks bad ass.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By TobbRobb

@mordukai: New Londo? Yeah the ghosts kind of suck. Especially that part, "you fucking know what part".

But I think the Darkwraiths are fun. Spent 2 hours or so farming titanite chunks once. They are up there with the Silver Knights as my favorite normal enemies.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Canteu

@Rhaknar: I already told you. The damage Quelaag's sword deals is based on your current humanity.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#196  Edited By Nentisys

grats on beating O & S!

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#197  Edited By Eviternal

@Mikemcn: You mentioned you're stuck - is that still the case? If so, which areas/bosses have you cleared? Are you unsure where to head next, or does an area/boss seem insurmountable? (I suggest using a spoiler block just in case too)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By mordukai

@TobbRobb: I was referring to Sens Fortress. I just think the overall design of that place was shit.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#199  Edited By c_rakestraw

@Rhaknar: Wow, you sure made progress quickly. I'd recommend going through Darkroot Basin now, especially if you plan to check out the Abyss of Artorias content. It's through there that you gain access to it. Should be possible now that you have the Lordvessel. Hear it's got some real tough bosses, though, so be ready.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TobbRobb

@mordukai: I like Sen's fortress design. Don't get me wrong, It's a punishing and evil bitch the first time, and boringly easy afterwards. But the sheer sadism and evilness that went into all the small details of that place are infinitely interesting to me. Hearing the director talk about the thought process for Sen's was a lot of fun. There are a lot subtle hints and tricks that show's what's gonna happen next, but I dunno if that's enough to make an attentive person finish it on their first try, that is kind of hard to test.

But yeah, not a great level to play no. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.