Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Need some help/advice on how to proceed in Dark Souls (spoilers)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#301  Edited By Rhaknar

guys, for PVE purposes (remember, dont care for pvp), especially NG+ since im just delaying it now tbh, what is better.

+15 Washing Pole (or +15 any weapon really) or +5 Lightning? I was thinking lightning just because I dont have any lightning weapon (already have queelag's fury for fire).

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#302  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

well I dont give 2 fucks about pvp, mostly looks :P if it doesnt gimp me for pve I love it :P

Also, turns out the sword I see everyone using when im fucking invaded wasnt a uchigatana, it was the washing pole, because its HUUUUUUUUUUGE.

I have to admit...I just bought one, and its badass. not to be a "sheep", but yeah...might have to upgrade it and give it a whirl lol. it helps that it has bonuses for both STR and DEX, so at least my tons of STR wont be wasted. Also got a demon greataxe from Shiva too. Gave up on the black knight greataxe, refused to drop and I was bored.

The black knight greataxe only drops from the black knight in the kiln that is using it if you were doing that. If you were killing all of the knight in the Kiln then you probably got a good number of chunks to upgrade various weapons.

I'm surprised to hear that people are using the washing pole over the uchigatana in the PC version.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

well I dont give 2 fucks about pvp, mostly looks :P if it doesnt gimp me for pve I love it :P

Also, turns out the sword I see everyone using when im fucking invaded wasnt a uchigatana, it was the washing pole, because its HUUUUUUUUUUGE.

I have to admit...I just bought one, and its badass. not to be a "sheep", but yeah...might have to upgrade it and give it a whirl lol. it helps that it has bonuses for both STR and DEX, so at least my tons of STR wont be wasted. Also got a demon greataxe from Shiva too. Gave up on the black knight greataxe, refused to drop and I was bored.

The black knight greataxe only drops from the black knight in the kiln that is using it if you were doing that. If you were killing all of the knight in the Kiln then you probably got a good number of chunks to upgrade various weapons.

I'm surprised to hear that people are using the washing pole over the uchigatana in the PC version.

yeah I got so much chunks and shit (and souls) that im just upgrading random weapons to see what clicks. Washing Pole +10 isnt hitting for shit, Demon Greataxe +10 is ok but my Black Knight Sword +5 still beats it, so unless those last 5 lvls up to +15 on the demon greataxe have amazing scaling, the sword is still better :( And also the demon greataxe moveset feels like a hammer. I hear the black knight greataxe has a cool moveset, that seems to be pretty much the ideal weapon for me at this point, if only it dropped >_>

edit: woot finally it dropped! :D ah yeah, big swooping side swings like the sword, thats much better, looks awesome too. Lets get this to +5 then and see :)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#304  Edited By Ravenlight

@Rhaknar said:

yeah I got so much chunks and shit (and souls) that im just upgrading random weapons to see what clicks. Washing Pole +10 isnt hitting for shit, Demon Greataxe +10 is ok but my Black Knight Sword +5 still beats it, so unless those last 5 lvls up to +15 on the demon greataxe have amazing scaling, the sword is still better :( And also the demon greataxe moveset feels like a hammer. I hear the black knight greataxe has a cool moveset, that seems to be pretty much the ideal weapon for me at this point, if only it dropped >_>

edit: woot finally it dropped! :D ah yeah, big swooping side swings like the sword, thats much better, looks awesome too. Lets get this to +5 then and see :)

I just upgraded the BKGA to +5 and I'm really disappointed with it. It doesn't seem to do that much more damage than my +5 Black Knight sword and it feels a little slower to recover. That and since it's twice as heavy, I can only fat roll with it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Rhaknar

@Ravenlight said:

@Rhaknar said:

I just upgraded the BKGA to +5 and I'm really disappointed with it. It doesn't seem to do that much more damage than my +5 Black Knight sword and it feels a little slower to recover. That and since it's twice as heavy, I can only fat roll with it.

yeah the dmg increase over the sword is indeed very small, especially for twice the weight :(

edit: hmm the running attack seems quite a bit stronger, and the heavy attack is amazing if you can get close enough to enemies (those silver knights in andor londo for example) without agroing, the jumping you do with the heavy attack covers alot of ground.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Rhaknar

something that just ocured to me when I ported to the chaos spider lady to go to blighttown... so what happens if I just start killing all these people? like the covenent people and shit? NG+ its all reset right? do they have items / lots of souls?

morrowjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#307  Edited By morrowjo

@Rhaknar: Not much in the way of souls. But many of the NPCs drop unique items or humanity. When you start NG+ your sins will be absolved and the NPCs will all return as the story unfolds again.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#308  Edited By Seauton

@Rhaknar: It's something you should consider doing, especially with regards to the Firekeepers. Get as many Firekeeper souls as you can before you beat the game for the first time.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By colorbrandon

@Ravenlight: They nerfed the damage of that weapon

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Rhaknar

Great Hollow and Ash Lake done. Lol at the dragon not giving 2 fucks about you cutting his tail for the sword :P Weird zone, double weird that they went the effort for what is a very hidden zone with little in it. such a weird game.Reminds me of Valley Of The Drakes, I realized when I opened the floodgates in new londo that there isnt anything there... just that undead dragon and a few drakes, thats it. So weird.

Guess thats it then, DLC and last boss left.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By colorbrandon

@Rhaknar: Things happen in the Great Hollow and Ash Lake, covenants and quest lines etc.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

Great Hollow and Ash Lake done. Lol at the dragon not giving 2 fucks about you cutting his tail for the sword :P Weird zone, double weird that they went the effort for what is a very hidden zone with little in it. such a weird game.Reminds me of Valley Of The Drakes, I realized when I opened the floodgates in new londo that there isnt anything there... just that undead dragon and a few drakes, thats it. So weird.

Guess thats it then, DLC and last boss left.

Let's just say that there are special items/quests that happen in those areas that you already missed. Unique weapons/spells hide in all the nooks and crannies of various locations. The Painted World for instance hides a few secret weapons and spells that are easy to never run across. The sewer area in the Painted World with its wheel skeletons has a few things.

The DLC area has a lot of stuff that is easy to miss.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Rhaknar

@colorbrandon said:

@Rhaknar: Things happen in the Great Hollow and Ash Lake, covenants and quest lines etc.

fair enough, didnt know :)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Rhaknar

whoa first boss of the DLC was awesome, actually died once too. Really cool design and attacks, couldnt cut the tail unfortunately, oh well

edit: ooh oolacile looks awesome. Ok, this is exciting, last few hours of mostly farming and weak-ish zones (in my opinion that is) had made me just want to finish the game, but this looks great

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:

If you're doing a strength build try the Man-serpent Greatsword, drops from the lizard dudes in Sen's Fortress, or the Demon's Great Machete, drops from the Capra demons in the lava area, they have the highest Str bonus rating. Also, +15 weapons are WAY stronger than +10 weapons, for example, Demon's Great Machete at +10 does 266 base damage and has B scaling with Str and at +15 does 332 base damage and has A scaling with Str.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Rhaknar

loving the DLC area, and the Guardian set you can find looks great with black knight armor, really meshes (black knight helm and chest with guardian legs and gloves) :)

No Caption Provided

edit: that dragon scared the FUCK out of me jesus christ!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

loving the DLC area, and the Guardian set you can find looks great with black knight armor, really meshes (black knight helm and chest with guardian legs and gloves) :)

No Caption Provided

If you're human get ready for some serious PVP. I don't know about the PC version, but on the 360 its all invasions all the time. I'll sometimes chill for about 40 minutes and invade everyone with two characters within a 45-150 SL range. You will run across a bonfire that is just past the arena. I suggest you try out fighting against some people next to that bonfire (it's not a safe zone) because you are going to need to increase your dodging skills with the fast roll. I'm not sure how much HP you have, but you will find out that blocking will do NOTHING very soon. Lighten the load and get used to fast rolling or flipping if you have the flip ring.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

If you're human get ready for some serious PVP. I don't know about the PC version, but on the 360 its all invasions all the time. I'll sometimes chill for about 40 minutes and invade everyone with two characters within a 45-150 SL range. You will run across a bonfire that is just past the arena. I suggest you try out fighting against some people next to that bonfire (it's not a safe zone) because you are going to need to increase your dodging skills with the fast roll. I'm not sure how much HP you have, but you will find out that blocking will do NOTHING very soon. Lighten the load and get used to fast rolling or flipping if you have the flip ring.

no flip ring, and I have about 1250 health. When you say blocking will do nothing do you mean for a specific boss or from now on? because if its the later, that sucks :/

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#319  Edited By TobbRobb

@Rhaknar: Generally +15 weapons should scale better into ng+ with the bonus damage from stats. But the Black Knight stuff is more or less comparable. SO WHATEVEEEEER. Pick something you like.

Yeah you should get used to some dodging, blocking isn't gonna help much towards the end.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By golguin
    @Rhaknar

@golguin said:

@Rhaknar said:

no flip ring, and I have about 1250 health. When you say blocking will do nothing do you mean for a specific boss or from now on? because if its the later, that sucks :/

I mean that certain attacks essentially bypass your shield. You'll know them when you encounter them.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Rhaknar

mind you, I never go abouve 50% load, never have, so Im always at least somewhat fast, even with heavier gear. And I already dodge quite a bit, I dont rely on it, but I use it a lot

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Rhaknar

Also... God help me I'm thinking of playing again, not NG+ but a new game, as a pure caster this time (if that is even viable), I bet it's such a different experience.

But I can't be playing the same game over and over again damn it, my backlog is huge :(

Smithers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Smithers

This thread inspired me to start a new game with an INT caster build. Its pretty tough so far but it must get easier when you have access to more spells and whatnot. I'm thinking of using something like a rapier (and keep it normal so I can buff it), then do Seath as soon as I can to use the Moonlight Great Sword. Dark Souls definitely changes a lot when you switch builds, its interesting.

Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first character I finished the game with with was basically a pure caster with 50 int, the start of the game is somewhat tough but it gets significantly easier later on with op sorceries and miracles. NG+ was easy mode with a sorcerer, although you get one shotted by tough enemies and bosses easily if you let them. Just remember to save Big Hat Logan and get ALL his sorceries, you can join the Sunbro covenant for the lightning miracles as well.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

Also... God help me I'm thinking of playing again, not NG+ but a new game, as a pure caster this time (if that is even viable), I bet it's such a different experience. But I can't be playing the same game over and over again damn it, my backlog is huge :(

Pure casters still use weapons, but they buff them with spells. One of the most dangerous weapons in the game, the Moonlight Greatsword that you get from cutting off Seath's tail, scales with intelligence. Casting INT builds got a huge buff from the dark sorcery spells found in the DLC to the point that people felt they were overpowered in PVP.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By colorbrandon

@Smithers said:

This thread inspired me to start a new game with an INT caster build. Its pretty tough so far but it must get easier when you have access to more spells and whatnot. I'm thinking of using something like a rapier (and keep it normal so I can buff it), then do Seath as soon as I can to use the Moonlight Great Sword. Dark Souls definitely changes a lot when you switch builds, its interesting.

The moonlight butterfly horn is a great stopgap before the greatsword!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#327  Edited By Aetheldod

@Rhaknar: Oh yes you can ... good games deserve that ^__^ , anyway it seems you liked the game and found the reaasons why we do like it a lot , there is no shame in wanting to play a game again. Anywho , the people telling you about the dodging ... well that is one day to defeat the next enemy , what I did tho was to use the ironskin magic and brute force it ... and I tried rolling away a lot of times but I died often. Have fun in that fight >:3

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Rhaknar

@Aetheldod said:

@Rhaknar: Oh yes you can ... good games deserve that ^__^ , anyway it seems you liked the game and found the reaasons why we do like it a lot , there is no shame in wanting to play a game again. Anywho , the people telling you about the dodging ... well that is one day to defeat the next enemy , what I did tho was to use the ironskin magic and brute force it ... and I tried rolling away a lot of times but I died often. Have fun in that fight >:3

err I just 1 shot Artorias, is this the boss people told me I couldnt block? his hits barely took any stamina from me, hell those giants in the forrest hit me much harder :( I basically just brute forced him...guess I overlvled?

I did know to dash to him when he powered up tho, guess that helps. Oh and a friend of mine told me that I needed to talk to that dude in the jester mask until he mentioned the dragon in order to fight it, but he never mentions him?

I also made a sorceror this morning when I got home from work, played around a bit. One thing I noticed is its much easier to use magic when you already know the layout of the land and know when a bonfire is coming and you can replenish the magic.

Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're probably over levelled for the DLC area, in a new game the level range for the DLC is around 40-60 SL and you should do it right after you get the Lordvessel. You don't have to talk to Chester to fight the dragon it's a different NPC that helps you with the dragon, but first you'll need to go into the next area and find a key, remember to bring a light source. Also, try to cut off the dragon's tail, you'll get an awesome weapon from it, it is a bit hard to do, you'll need to try and circle behind him and wait for his tail attack. The dragon also drops the best and worst ring in the game.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Rhaknar

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

You're probably over levelled for the DLC area, in a new game the level range for the DLC is around 40-60 SL and you should do it right after you get the Lordvessel. You don't have to talk to Chester to fight the dragon it's a different NPC that helps you with the dragon, but first you'll need to go into the next area and find a key, remember to bring a light source. Also, try to cut off the dragon's tail, you'll get an awesome weapon from it, it is a bit hard to do, you'll need to try and circle behind him and wait for his tail attack. The dragon also drops the best and worst ring in the game.

is the key called Crest Key? I got that. The dark zone with all the humanities is creepy as shit, I got the shortcut back up and Im gonna port out of here because I just found out that you can buy Artorias's armor from that sewer dude (along with other bosses armors but thats too late now oh well), and Artorias looked awesome. And I have the souls to buy all of it, just in case I have a brain fart and lose them all by accident. Hopefully the shortcut back to the humanities zone will still be there :P

Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

is the key called Crest Key? I got that. The dark zone with all the humanities is creepy as shit, I got the shortcut back up and Im gonna port out of here because I just found out that you can buy Artorias's armor from that sewer dude (along with other bosses armors but thats too late now oh well), and Artorias looked awesome. And I have the souls to buy all of it, just in case I have a brain fart and lose them all by accident. Hopefully the shortcut back to the humanities zone will still be there :P

Yeah the crest key is used to open a door in the colosseum looking building where you fought Artorias, there you'll meet one of my favourite NPCs, you'll need to go to where the dragon is first for him to help you. Also, you can warp to the bonfire where all the humanities are, take the time to farm humanities there, with the Gold covetous ring you can get a lot of humanities and twin humanities. One more thing there's a hidden wall near the shortcut elevator there. Before going to fight Gwyn, don't forget to kill Chester, you'll get his armour which looks cool.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Rhaknar

Manus looked awesome and was a cool fight. Couldnt cut the tail tho as much as I tried :(

This DLC was really good tbh

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Rhaknar

LOL, I accidentaly attacked the lady mourning Artorias when my fucking dog jumped in my lap... oh well, she dropped a awesome looking set at least >_> What did I fuck up lol?

Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't cut the tail of Manus, but you can give his soul to Snuggly and get a powerful sorcery from it or use it to create a catalyst. Did you fight Kalameet? Did you chop his tail off?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Rhaknar

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

You can't cut the tail of Manus, but you can give his soul to Snuggly and get a powerful sorcery from it or use it to create a catalyst. Did you fight Kalameet? Did you chop his tail off?

meh, 1 shot Kalameet (cool fight) but couldnt cut his tail, could never get the angle. Oh well. Time to kill some fire keepers and finish the game I think. I can think of the spider lady, and that knight in andor londo bonfire, who else?

edit: nvm its just those 2 aparently acording to the wiki, and it seems I missed a soul in dukes archive but I cba getting it

Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

meh, 1 shot Kalameet (cool fight) but couldnt cut his tail, could never get the angle. Oh well. Time to kill some fire keepers and finish the game I think. I can think of the spider lady, and that knight in andor londo bonfire, who else?

edit: nvm its just those 2 aparently acording to the wiki, and it seems I missed a soul in dukes archive but I cba getting it

Since you're a strength build, you missed out on a cool weapon from Kalameet. You can finish the game with Estus +6 and pick the one in the parish to get to +7. Talk to Gough a few times again, and try attacking him a couple of times. Go around and murder every NPC before going to Gwyn.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By gogosox82

@Rhaknar: Congrats on beating O & S. For leveling, keep str and dex the same for now. Get vit and end to 35. Also what rings are you using? You should probably use havel's since your using silver knight gear. It raises your equip load by 50 points so you won't have a fat roll. Might wanna also use ring of favor and protection. It increase hp and stamina and equip load but it breaks when you take it off. You can also use other rings like the wolf ring ( which is one of my favorites) which gives 40 poise. With the silver knight gear and the wolf ring, you could basically tank through alot of enemy attacks. The ring of steel protection is very good. It gives defense against physical attacks. Might be helpful in the dlc. Also upgrade the gear. You'll need twinkling so you'll probably have to grind souls to get enough souls since twinkling costs 8,000 souls. Try farming the wriaths in new londo ruins after you've lowered the water. They give about 1,200 souls and there are 8 or 9 of them so if you grind for an hour, you'll have plenty of souls to upgrade your gear. Remember to buy homeward bones if you do this so you don't have to run all the way back through the ruins and have to deal with the ghosts. You can get them from the female undead merchant near the entrance of the depths.

Good luck and hope this helps : )

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Rhaknar

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

Since you're a strength build, you missed out on a cool weapon from Kalameet. You can finish the game with Estus +6 and pick the one in the parish to get to +7. Talk to Gough a few times again, and try attacking him a couple of times. Go around and murder every NPC before going to Gwyn.

I thought about doing that but I just went ahead and finished the game, I was just artificially extending it and I hate that. Gwyn was easy, I died twice because hes patterns were hard to get down, but its a easy fight. Funny thing on NG+, I imediatly killed the fat demon (of course) and he didnt dorp the key, the knight dude that gives you estus does. Does that happen in the normal game too if you kill the fat dude (very patiently I imagine with shit damage) the first time you meet him?

But anyway, amazing game, its right up there for game of the generation, at least it will be amongst the ones I imediatly think of looking back. And Im buying Dark Souls 2 day 1 now for sure, probably one of the few games Ill buy this year at full price. I dont think Ill even dor NG+ tho, I would much rather start over with a new character like the sorceror I mentioned and play the game completely differently.

Also, thank you to everyone that helped me during this quest, this thread deffinately helped me enjoy the game much more than I would have, in fact, I probably would have dropped it with out it. So thanks everyone, and be ready for the eventual sorceror questions :)

PS: I still think O&S is horrible :P

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#339  Edited By mosespippy

If you kill the demon first he won't drop the key. If he did then you would be able to continue without getting estus which would fuck up a lot of players so they just don't let it happen. And now that you've finally finished the game marvel at the sub 1 hour speed runs.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Rhaknar

@mosespippy said:

If you kill the demon first he won't drop the key. If he did then you would be able to continue without getting estus which would fuck up a lot of players so they just don't let it happen. And now that you've finally finished the game marvel at the sub 1 hour speed runs.

crazy, but I hate the concept of speed runs so...

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By mosespippy

I don't normally care for speed runs but for Dark Souls it's different. I just hit play and am amazed at the tallent and creativity of the player and then it's over. It goes by so quick and it doesn't stop impressing me. It's kind of like watching EVO or The International or GSL. The tallent level is so much greater than anything I'll ever achieve but because of my experience with the game I can appreciate that tallent more.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By golguin

@Rhaknar said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

I thought about doing that but I just went ahead and finished the game, I was just artificially extending it and I hate that. Gwyn was easy, I died twice because hes patterns were hard to get down, but its a easy fight. Funny thing on NG+, I imediatly killed the fat demon (of course) and he didnt dorp the key, the knight dude that gives you estus does. Does that happen in the normal game too if you kill the fat dude (very patiently I imagine with shit damage) the first time you meet him?

But anyway, amazing game, its right up there for game of the generation, at least it will be amongst the ones I imediatly think of looking back. And Im buying Dark Souls 2 day 1 now for sure, probably one of the few games Ill buy this year at full price. I dont think Ill even dor NG+ tho, I would much rather start over with a new character like the sorceror I mentioned and play the game completely differently.

Also, thank you to everyone that helped me during this quest, this thread deffinately helped me enjoy the game much more than I would have, in fact, I probably would have dropped it with out it. So thanks everyone, and be ready for the eventual sorceror questions :)

PS: I still think O&S is horrible :P

Now that you've beat the game I think you can appreciated the humor of these two short videos.

This 30 second video shows how you could actually fight the bosses before nerfs started to kick in.

And here we have the Dark Souls experience up to O&S encapsulated in 4 minutes.

I think you'll enjoy them both.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Rhaknar

so killing the gargoyles with a sorceror + solaire makes the boss a fucking joke heh. Not sure how much more Ill play it tho tbh, I think im done with it for, for now at least. Not really "feeling it" anymore (which is completely understandable I think). I think its because you dont really feel like a "typical" mage-type, at least until you get more spells I guess? Most of the time Im still slashing fools to save magic arrows. I got Faith up to 12 to buy Heal, I dont even know if thats a good idea or not, I just wanted another spell :(

Do casters go down both int and faith or not?

Also lol on that first video, is Iron Flesh that good?

PS: I forgot to free Laudrec before killing the gargoyles and he wasnt in his cage anymore, he still shows up in the camp ready to murder the lady I imagine, I tried to kill him but he refuses to fight, just stands there, I almost knocked him off the cliff (which I didnt want because I want the ring, not the souls) and gave up.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By mosespippy

If you want to use miracles and sorceries then you'll need to level both faith and int. Iron Flesh is great in certain situations, as is Flash Sweat. Lautrec lets him self out of prison once the first bell rings. I remember knocking him off the cliff and getting his ring but I might have needed to quit and reload for it to appear. Alternatively you could trade a xanthous crown to Snugly for one.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Rhaknar

@mosespippy said:

If you want to use miracles and sorceries then you'll need to level both faith and int. Iron Flesh is great in certain situations, as is Flash Sweat. Lautrec lets him self out of prison once the first bell rings. I remember knocking him off the cliff and getting his ring but I might have needed to quit and reload for it to appear. Alternatively you could trade a xanthous crown to Snugly for one.

Whats up with Int scaling? My magic arrow barely hits harder after I pumped like 7 points into int :/

On a positive note, I totally gamed the system because I started with the master key (since I knew where to go or not to go), I used it to go into blighttown and get the cool looking crimson set and a awesome (especially for this lvl) catalyst, that works as a spear with its hard attack. Im really worried about the Capra demon tho, with my 630 health and fuck all defenses >_>

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By mosespippy
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Rhaknar
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar: Int is for sorceries and Faith is for miracles. You can skip the Capra demon or leave it for later just don't forget to save the sorcerer in the lower undead burg, he'll sell you important stuff, like the billowing dragon ring (increases sorceries damage). You can get the Oolacile catalyst from Dusk after saving her from the golem and buying it from her summon sign. You should also find her armour in the same place as the golem, might need to quit and reload, the head piece, the crown of Dusk, also increases magic damage. Once you free big hat Logan though, you'll get access to the best sorceries, soul spear and homing soulmass, most bosses can't take more than 3-4 hits from those. you can stack up the number of casts by getting or buying sorceries multiple times and attuning them.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Rhaknar

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

@Rhaknar: Int is for sorceries and Faith is for miracles. You can skip the Capra demon or leave it for later just don't forget to save the sorcerer in the lower undead burg, he'll sell you important stuff, like the billowing dragon ring (increases sorceries damage). You can get the Oolacile catalyst from Dusk after saving her from the golem and buying it from her summon sign. You should also find her armour in the same place as the golem, might need to quit and reload, the head piece, the crown of Dusk, also increases magic damage. Once you free big hat Logan though, you'll get access to the best sorceries, soul spear and homing soulmass, most bosses can't take more than 3-4 hits from those. you can stack up the number of casts by getting or buying sorceries multiple times and attuning them.

thats a cheeky way of getting more uses :( Beat capra demon, bastard is easy after the dogs are dead. Deffinately need to use more rolling on this character. And yeah saved the dude, bought almost all his magics. I dont quite understand magic weapon / shield, doesnt seem to last very long and if I want to use magic weapon I have to equip the catalyst on the left hand in order to enchant the left hand weapon, kinda weird.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By colorbrandon

@Rhaknar: I'm on NG+++ on my sorcerer and I need to dedicate 4 attunement slots just for dark bead. The best catalyst halves the uses :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.