Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

NEVER ever Ragequit. Dont just don't.

• 74 results
    Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Floope

@Maajin said:

Just slapped mine with my bag of freshly killed kittens.

We have a winner.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By TehFlan
    @Maajin said:

@oatz said:

@Crash_Happy: Your posts bored me so much I might just have to go slap my girlfriend to liven up my day.

Just slapped mine with my bag of freshly killed kittens.

This made me laugh way more than it should have.
    Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Pieman51

Many games I know and play today don't corrupt if you randomly shut off the game.

Perhaps From Software should pull their heads outta their assholes and figure out how to do what other games CAN do.

I mean really, I've had my share of 3 different corrupted games on Demon's Souls. This is an easy-to-fix problem. Really now. I can name the 15 other games I have in my cabinet that don't do this shit. Get it together, Dark Souls.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Buscemi

Well what the fuck, I'm like forty minutes into the game and I'm already pissed of by the tiny bomb-throwing assholes. The fact that they just stand there forever, throwing stuff at you is ridicolous. I mean, if I step away, why not follow me around the corner? Just die you piece of SHIT.

I ragequit over tiny things. Don't get me started on that bull-goat-boss-whatever.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@mandude said:

@Chop: I hate it when a sequel leaves out an obscure glitch.

Me too. Why can't I wave dash anymore? Wait, wrong game.

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By illegalnull

I am a bit paranoid about corrupting my now 80+ hour gave save as well, so each night when I'm done I upload my game save to the cloud (playstation plus cloud saves that is). Its a good tactic for those with PS+, just a little insurance!

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ichthy

Froze my game using Fire Surge on a giant in Anor Londo. Terrified the shit out of me.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By McShank

@Pieman51 said:

Many games I know and play today don't corrupt if you randomly shut off the game.

Perhaps From Software should pull their heads outta their assholes and figure out how to do what other games CAN do.

I mean really, I've had my share of 3 different corrupted games on Demon's Souls. This is an easy-to-fix problem. Really now. I can name the 15 other games I have in my cabinet that don't do this shit. Get it together, Dark Souls.

Maybe if you would remember what rage quitting did in demons souls you would understand why they have it corrupting. Or it could possibly be because the game is constantly saving and the time you rage quit might be during a save which could possibly mess the file up. Dont complain about your file being messed up after you rage quit as the game says it BEFORE the title screen even pops up "Do not turn off game without going through the menu or file's may become corrupted"

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By maginnovision

As far as that point in the game. The hidden body spell is really useful. After first playthrough 1 of them will usually still fire at you but not nearly as accurately, you can just run up to him. Well, At least ornstein and smough are pretty easy. NG or any variation of NG+. If you have pyromancy it's a cake walk. NG++'ing right now and after running through the castle I really didn't want to hit the bonfire to re attune so I just ran in there. With 4 fire orbs, 1 iron skin, and quelaags blade with 3 humanity I did not have much issue. I think the true moral of the story is... Use more skill after you die, and hopefully it'll be enough. If not use even MORE skill.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Tesla

I have somehow managed to stay rage free in all my time with Dark Souls. Even in rare cases when the cause of death is camera or anything out of my control. This is a little surprising because there have been much easier games that have got me to yell at the tv or chuck a controller into a pillow.

This game is all about not letting one mistake become two mistakes. If I get pissed after a death, I take a break from the game and do something else to calm down. Then I go back and get my souls and humanity with a level head. Much more effective than raging your way back to where you died.

Also, the game is constantly saving so don't turn off the machine in a fit of rage. That's just not bright.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't rage at games because I'm not a fucking idiot.

DecadentPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DecadentPimp

Like the 'Rockstar Spouse' group, the girlfriends that got slapped as a result of Dark Souls frustration should band together to make their voice heard!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By eroticfishcake

I never rage quit but this game freezes at certain points for me (especially the bridge to the boss in the Painted World of Ariamis). It's frustrating. I'm just glad my save hasn't corrupted yet.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By swoxx

@Crash_Happy said:

I think rage quiting is a far better idea than your proposed alternatives. Idiot.

Hahaha.

I don't know why but that was extremely amusing.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By breadfan

Gah, I've been afraid of something like that happening. No matter how infuriating a certain part may be I always make sure to just quit to the main menu.

Fucking frogs...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Does it count that I got invaded. But the dude was lagging so bad he was more or less clipping though me and got a back stab? I pulled the power when I had like 1 health left. Did not lose anything at all. All he did was hide behind his shield and threw funny orbs at me that had white light in them. Then just ran into my and lagged about till he clipped though me and got a back stab. 

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jace

@Crash_Happy said:

I think rage quiting is a far better idea than your proposed alternatives. Idiot.

^ This guy takes jokes really well.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By jorbear

Whenever I play the game, I feel like I should finally get around to buying it.

Whenever I read any of the Giant Bombers stories about it, I feel like I should venture on a game burning trip.

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pieman51

@McShank: My POINT was that they could PREVENT the corrupting in the first place if they just knew how to properly code a saving/auto-saving feature in a videogame. Again, I'll name 15 games that do the same as Dark Souls, but DON'T corrupt.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By McShank

@Pieman51 said:

@McShank: My POINT was that they could PREVENT the corrupting in the first place if they just knew how to properly code a saving/auto-saving feature in a videogame. Again, I'll name 15 games that do the same as Dark Souls, but DON'T corrupt.

and its to teach you not to rage quit. Learn the game and maybe you wont have this problem. This company is not a new company. Their games have been around for a long time.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Shadow

I'm so glad I own the PS3 version. I've quit without going to the title screen more times than I can count, and all that ever happened was I was taken back to the last autosave. I've actually used that to reverse decisions when I was just rushing through conversations and said "no" or "yes" when I didn't want to

Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lancezh

@McShank said:

@Pieman51 said:

and its to teach you not to rage quit. Learn the game and maybe you wont have this problem. This company is not a new company. Their games have been around for a long time.

You both have a point, there is in fact a simple solution for this technically (save checks, hidden autobackup saves incase something corrupts etc.) Nevertheless, one shouldnt get carried away with their emotions. Like i did. But it happens, what can i say...

anticucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By anticucho

I've quit a few times after a bad loss but I am good about going to start -> quit game -> PS3 button -> Turn off System and then staring at my blank LCD for a couple minutes. I go and get on my laptop, read the latest Steelers message boards, and next thing I know I'm browsing Youtube guides on the battle I just lost. Finally I find myself back in the command seat picking up my PS3 controller. The entire process lasts about 15 minutes. For the Capra Demon this process repeated itself about 6-7 times. I guess this is a very mild form of rage quitting.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#74  Edited By Mnemoidian

Well, you know that window that most games pop-up when you start it? Telling you not to shut off the console/game while it's saving? This is why :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.