Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

New FPS issues

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strangestories

I hadn't done a play-through of the game in a few months and when I put it in I noticed I was having FPS drops in areas where I didn't remember having them before. It was most noticeable in the Undead Asylum, Firelink Shrine, and parts of Undead Burg (especially the Wyvern Bridge). Has anyone else had this issue? It could be that I'm just noticing the frame drops more because I've been playing a lot of games on a computer where they run at 60 almost constantly. I had a friend watch me play and asked her if she noticed the dips being worse as well and she definitely did so it might not be me just noticing them more. This is on 360 by the way. I cleared the cache to see if it might have been a patch that did it but it didn't do anything

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar

The wyvern bridge generally has some frame drops when the hellkite sweeps across it. Other than that, I haven't had any such issues with the Undead Asylum or Firelink Shrine. This is the PS3 and PC versions though.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Strangestories

@turambar: on the bridge I'm having a huge FPS drop just when I'm walking across it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.