Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Next Best Thing After Gold-Hemmed Back Cloak?

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

Really good stats on this armor and it's light, which is why I really like it. The appearance of the armor is a real turn-off, though. It's practically a dress for guys. Anyone know what's the next best thing?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

Hmm... I think that is the best light armour and is even better than a lot of un-upgraded heavy armour. Havel's armour in Anor Londo is probably the best though. It's very heavy but has a high poise rating so you do not flinch when hit (it also has some curse resistance but it doesn't make the bar that much larger). I ended up going all Gold-Hemmed with Havel's leggings for most of the game after Anor Londo. That was just because I liked the way they looked together though. I put the full Havel set on for bosses and used Iron Flesh.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Timing

Elite Knight armour is relatively easy to upgrade and eventually becomes stronger than Ornstein's set, while still being lighter and having more poise.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By envane

i ended up with elite knights armour and gloves + 10 each , im a sorcerer so i use the darksun crown for its slight magic boost .. but it looks dumb so i swap in the elite knights helm sometimes , as for legginsg , the crimson waistcloth upgraded to +5 is godlike .. gives enough curse resistance for those tricky moments where you get stuck in a frog attack or fighting seath the scaleless , plus it has more defesne than most leg pieces .. the twinkling titanite was annoying but ohwell makes me look crazy .. if i wear the + armor ring i clear 400 armor easy

looking at the black knights armour i got right before i beat the game however makes me want to swap to that , but thats gonna be a lot of shards eheh

Simtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Simtastic

Where did you find said armor? I'm still stuck with my wanderer gear because all I find is heavy gear :(

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gravier251

Well, personally I find the Gold-Hemmed Black set to be more reminiscent of a ring wraiththan something particularly feminine. As for it's location it is a fair distance in, down in the demon ruins by the first boss there. To get there you have to pass through both Blighttown and Quelaag's domain. It has some pretty nice resistances and let's me roll effectively which is nice. Believe other things when upgraded enough will surpass it though.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar

Currently rolling in a full +6 set of the Maiden Outfit.  The stats suck, but I like the way it looks.  Also have a full set of +6 elite knight for actual fighting.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By envane

xanthu's armor set, foudn in the painted world of ariamis , is basicly a full set based on the monks head wrappings from demons souls .. this time is a giant phallic turban that looks like it would make your neck sore

good stats tho ..

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By jacdg

@Timing said:

Elite Knight armour is relatively easy to upgrade and eventually becomes stronger than Ornstein's set, while still being lighter and having more poise.

Great, I sold that by accident...

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By doe3879

What is Poise by the way? 
    I just a ring that increase poise but i have no idea what it means

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By white

@doe3879: The ability to withstand hits w/o flinching.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By envane

Poise is good for casting spells so you dont get interrupted while casting , so that ring is very good for casters if they have slow spells like the aoe ones , also its good in general for combat but thats obvious

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @SuperWristBands said:

Hmm... I think that is the best light armour and is even better than a lot of un-upgraded heavy armour. Havel's armour in Anor Londo is probably the best though. It's very heavy but has a high poise rating so you do not flinch when hit (it also has some curse resistance but it doesn't make the bar that much larger). I ended up going all Gold-Hemmed with Havel's leggings for most of the game after Anor Londo. That was just because I liked the way they looked together though. I put the full Havel set on for bosses and used Iron Flesh.

Smough's armor is actually even better stat wise then Havel's and it's even slightly lighter to boot.
    Look uuuuugly tho.
    So I roll around in Havel's, sometimes looks are important too :)
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By white

Anyone here just gonna min-max the game and wear Black Iron swapping the legs for something else? I can't stand wearing fugly armor so I resort to wearing Ornstein's even though the stats are quite thrashy.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shirogane

Great Lord's armor is quite similar to Gold Hemmed in terms of stats i think. You might want to go human form for that though, cause it shows a lot of skin...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.