Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

No invasions or summons since the move to steam?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Updated the game to steam and the online feature just went dead. No invasion or summons. I have all the right ports open, even deleted the coop mod and still nothing. Never had the problem on GFWL. I hope the move steam did not kill the online features.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I imagine since it is a beta version of the software that only people using that version would be able to connect. A tiny subset of a small playerbase probably results in very few encounters. Until it goes wide.

I have no idea what I'm talking about of course.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#3  Edited By Savage

It seems that the Steamworks update to Dark Souls changed the multiplayer to be aggressively region-locked. Speculation is that this was an oversight by From in how they configured Steamworks for the game. There's no official word if/when it will be fixed (hopefully by the time the Steamworks beta ends in February).

The only things you can do about it are either revert to the GFWL version or try changing your Steam download region to join a larger player pool. People have reported success using various US locations, like Chicago, or using Finland.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah set your steam download location to something more popular. This is supposed to be an error which will hopefully be fixed soon.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cornbredx

You have to change your download location in Steam.

Ya, it's kind of weird right now due to a region lock. I don't get the impression it's intentional, but something with it is goofed. It's been like that.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cornbredx: @hassun: @savage: Funny thing is that my download location has always been set to chicago. I will try other regions and see if it works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.