Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

One question regarding weapons.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By donchipotle

So I never got very far into Demon's Souls so I never really got a handle on some of the mechanics, namely the way weapon effectiveness works. I am playing as a Pyromancer and found an Estoc and a Bow but I was unable to use them effectively. When I leveled up my stats, I found I was able to use the Estoc. My question is this: is there a way to see what weapon needs what stat in order to use it or are weapons all universally tied to certain stats? Silly question, I know, but hey we all gotta start somewhere.

Avatar image for pepitoneconqueso
    PepitoneConQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PepitoneConQueso

Highlight the weapon in the inventory, there should be a button to bring up some detailed stats.

Basically a weapons effectiveness in dependent on 4 stats: Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, and Faith; each weapon will have a letter grade pertaining to each of those stats. If say your using a scimitar it will have an A or B rating for dexterity, maybe D or E rating for strength, and no grade for intellect or faith. This means dexterity will have a major impact on that weapons effectiveness, while intellect and faith have no impact.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Xeiphyer

Hit triangle on the weapon in the item menu, you can cycle the displays until you see one that says the exact number of each stat you need, it'll say like 14 with the picture of a open hand, you can look on the right for the picture beside the stat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.