Ornstein & Smough ng+

#1 Posted by grahammcgrew (14 posts) -

I hoped to take Smough first, all melee . . . Then I hoped for Ornstein first, all melee . . . Finally I had to settle for Ornstein first, all pyro . . . These guys were destroying me . . .

#2 Posted by Ghost249 (250 posts) -

@grahammcgrew: If you wanted to fight snorlax and pikachu on NG+, fret not. They are easily manageable as long as you keep Smores away from you and avoid being hit by Oreo. (Be glad you didn't have to solo them on NG+++++, it was painstaking, but not impossible) Unless you were bro-oping this? Could you elaborate a little more?

#3 Posted by grahammcgrew (14 posts) -

@Ghost249: Solo . . . I just didn't seem to have the patience to keep evading them until the moment was ripe to strike (over and over) . . . I admire those who do . . .

#4 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@Ghost249 said:

@grahammcgrew: If you wanted to fight snorlax and pikachu on NG+, fret not. They are easily manageable as long as you keep Smores away from you and avoid being hit by Oreo. (Be glad you didn't have to solo them on NG+++++, it was painstaking, but not impossible) Unless you were bro-oping this? Could you elaborate a little more?

i soloed those 2 through NG+ (replay 8) as that was when i stopped playing, and they never really seemed like much trouble.. each fight took longer then the last but they are possible and spells do make it 100% easier which at that lvl pyro was kinda pointless and I bearly lvled anything to improve actual spell dmg. overall NG+ just shows you that the game is not for everyone. But when you hit the 3-4th replay+, that is when you understand what Hardmode is for games.

#5 Posted by grahammcgrew (14 posts) -

@McShank: Spells made it easier? I never had time to get one off against them.

#6 Posted by benspyda (2014 posts) -

I beat them on NG and NG+ by just killing little Ornstein dude first. Doing it the other way round is way harder, stuff the trophy for getting all special weapons.

#7 Posted by TheHT (10786 posts) -

I found uber-Ornstein's moves a lot easier to avoid. As long as you've got enough big fireballs and a good shield, it's easy to avoid all of his attacks and take him out.

#8 Edited by Ghost249 (250 posts) -

@McShank: yea, Pumped for DARK SOULS PC, looking forward to new content, also. The reason it's painstaking for me is I chose to fight Super Saiyon Pikachu lol. Missing his armor and was avoiding it for a while.

@grahammcgrew: well do not fret, everyone plays differently and that what makes the game enjoyable for people. (I enjoyed fighting Snorlax and pikachu on my lvl 10 run through with my bros [We stayed lvl 10 throughout the game, was entertaining :D])

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.