Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Party @ Sen's

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

So I'm at the part where you fight the 4 Titanite Demons. Normally I could easily kill them but I keep dying on the last one. And I noticed that for each time I die and go back, they seem to hit harder and harder. From being able to block a hit with some stamina left to being guard break'd cause my stamina empties on that same hit, to being totally hurt cause the attack totally blasted all my stamina AND poured over some damage to my health.

Am I smoking some really strong pot or what?

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By coaxmetal

Wait, they don't respawn, do they? After you kill one it shouldn't respawn so you should be dealing with fewer. I assume you are using the rusted iron ring, too. If not, use it.

I don't think they get stronger, I didn't notice that.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white

@Riboflavin said:

Wait, they don't respawn, do they? After you kill one it shouldn't respawn so you should be dealing with fewer. I assume you are using the rusted iron ring, too. If not, use it.

I don't think they get stronger, I didn't notice that.

They don't. But I just can't beat this 4th one. I am using the rusted old ring but I just can't grasp my mind behind how I can just block that hit just now, but now it totally wrecks me.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By coaxmetal

Hmm, not sure. I've actually only beat the first 2, after that I decided i'd come back later (turns out its going to be a lot later since i need to beat Anor Londo). You can only block one hit? Try upgrading a shield to buff the stability and/or upgrading endurance, I guess.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By white

I just don't understand why I am having so much trouble with this dude. His jumping attack just rapes! It has like 4 hits on it ON THE SPOT. God damn, if you mistimed your roll, that's it.

Also, where's the bonfire in that place?

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By musclerider

If I remember correctly the two Titanite Demons that are in the same room are actually tougher than the other Titanite Demons up to that point.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By kingzetta

which enemy is the titanite demon?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai

@kingzetta said:

The dude made out of rock whos missing a leg, and shoots lighting.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coaxmetal

@White said:

I just don't understand why I am having so much trouble with this dude. His jumping attack just rapes! It has like 4 hits on it ON THE SPOT. God damn, if you mistimed your roll, that's it.

Maybe that guy is tougher than the others.

Anyway the bonfire is not close to there (the bonfire near the blacksmith is much closer to the demons). You can get to the sen's fortress bonfire after you get out on the walls and there is a giant thing throwing giant bombs at you, just past that is a ledge you roll off and get to the bonfire. It's not to hard to find and people leave messages, getting there is a bitch though (I hate sen's fortress).

@kingzetta said:

It's the really big stone thing with a face that looks like an anvil. It has a big staff and also shoots lightning. Drops Demon Titanite when killed. The first one is just past the blacksmith on the way to the forest.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kingzetta
    @Jeffsekai: oooh those ones
    Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chippy180

Is it worthwhile jumping down to fight those guys'? I didn't bother/screamed like a bitch whenever I fell down there and just bashed my way past that area.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MiniPato

I've always had trouble with these guys. I hate their jumping attack. But I never encountered them before in Sen's Fortress. Do you have to get knocked down by the guillotine things?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Stick in close (like right up in his grill) and keep circling around to the right. I did that and didn't get hit once.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Bocam

Where are they I never saw them when I was at Sen's?

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By bcjohnnie

Wait... 4? I only remember fighting 2 demons in Sen's... what am I missing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Oh shit, there are more than one? Fuck me running...

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By coaxmetal

@Chippy180: Well as far as I know they are the only way to get Demon Titanite, so probably worth it if you plan to use it.

@bcjohnnie said:

Wait... 4? I only remember fighting 2 demons in Sen's... what am I missing?

When you jump down there are 2, but in the back of that area is a passage to another part with 2 more.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Bocam

@Riboflavin: In Lost Izalith there's 1 the respawns.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joeyoe31

@White: You're shield/weapon might be close to breaking. Try repairing it.

Chippy180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chippy180

@Riboflavin: Ah grand job, I might head back when the need dictates.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By coaxmetal

@Bocam: ah cool, haven't gotten there yet (in Anor Londo now). Need to get to the smith to make a winged lightning spear.

I didn't get the lightning spear in Sen's because the mimic got hit by a boulder and the spear ended up unretrievable, halfway up a ladder :(

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By white

@Riboflavin said:

@White said:

Anyway the bonfire is not close to there (the bonfire near the blacksmith is much closer to the demons). You can get to the sen's fortress bonfire after you get out on the walls and there is a giant thing throwing giant bombs at you, just past that is a ledge you roll off and get to the bonfire. It's not to hard to find and people leave messages, getting there is a bitch though (I hate sen's fortress).

I got to the part where there's this giant feeding the boulders for the device. Killed him with arrows, but I didn't see any bonfire when I rolled down the stairs (there's 2 undead knights there). Is it up, past the EXPLODING floor?

@wolf_blitzer85: Yeah except this one is a smart one - he LOVES jumping on his one leg.

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Odeeze

you jump off on the second exploding platform i think

sanBASHi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sanBASHi

yeah starting on the lowest level, just when u go outside, turn left u run up two staircases then to ur right i a spot where u can jump down

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By coaxmetal

@White: ^^what these guys said. You can get pst the exploding floor and up the stairs if you time it right.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gunstar

I cannot for the life of me beat the one in the catacombs. It must be some kind of mental block.

Definitely not looking forward to this though,

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @White said:

@Riboflavin said:

@White said:

I got to the part where there's this giant feeding the boulders for the device. Killed him with arrows, but I didn't see any bonfire when I rolled down the stairs (there's 2 undead knights there). Is it up, past the EXPLODING floor?

@wolf_blitzer85: Yeah except this one is a smart one - he LOVES jumping on his one leg.

Okay yeah I see what you mean. I blew past the first two, but those second two are just straight up bitches. The Bonfire is up two flights of stairs once you get on the roof. When you get to a platform with a black spot and burned body, quickly look right and there will be a opening in the guard rail. You can safely hop down right on top of a hidden balcony which is keeping your bonfire.

Well chances are you're done with this spot, but in case anyone else is looking for it, hope it helps!
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By white

@wolf_blitzer85: Actually, commitments to life have made it difficult to put hours into this game on a weekday - so I haven't gotten any souling going since this post. I will try looking for that bonfire.

Thanks everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.