Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

People should NOT summon Soltair for Gaping Dragon

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

I was doing some Gaping Dragon runs with people and whenever they'd summon that NPC phantom I'd go Nooooooooo..

All he does is completely piss off the dragon and ruin his attack patterns.

I wish there was an emote where you grab the other player by the shoulder and just shake your head.

As a side note I've been actually getting summoned quite often - but summoning others always fails for me. I'm starting to thing that it has something to do with my connection - when I played Gears 3 it would detect me as Medium NAT and I couldn't host Public Co-Op games and so forth. I'm wondering does that mean I'll never be able to summon people into MY world? It has failed for me every time so far..bummer.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange

Well i don't have to worry about this because i killed him as soon as i met him. He had some snazzy armor.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vashyron

Well, if you summon Solaire and he actually survives the battle, he gives you a Sunlight Medal, which those are handy for the Warriors of the Sun Covenant. Also, you can summon Lautric as well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Humanity

I keep waiting and redoing Gaping as a helping phantom in hopes to get his tail off.

I don't have a lot of weapons that do overhead strikes and my main weapon is a halbard. Is there a specific sweetspot to hit?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar
    @Humanity: Just 2-hand the drake sword.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Humanity

@Turambar said:

@Humanity: Just 2-hand the drake sword.

I don't have it the dragon glitched and died on me. I finally managed to cut it off when I was helping a guy out but you don't get it if you're a phantom which sucks.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuCTR

Just use a spear until you beat Quelaag, then get the Quelaag Furysword, sounds perfect for you.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By trylks

@Humanity said:

As a side note I've been actually getting summoned quite often - but summoning others always fails for me. I'm starting to thing that it has something to do with my connection - when I played Gears 3 it would detect me as Medium NAT and I couldn't host Public Co-Op games and so forth. I'm wondering does that mean I'll never be able to summon people into MY world? It has failed for me every time so far..bummer.

I don't own the game, but it looks like you have to open some port in your router. Dunno which one, though.

ScreamingFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScreamingFist

I summoned him and he got fucked up so bad he got DEAD. I dunno if he is still on the bridge, I have to get out of Blighttown first......guess I'll never know T_T

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish there was an emote where you pulled out a revolver and Russian roulette'd yourself so I could do that when I summon other players that just screw up my boss fights (for example, killing Smough first in that fight makes it a lot harder, at least for me, and the other dudes I summoned did that right as I was swinging the finishing blow on the spear dude).

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By McShank

@Humanity: It has everything to do with your connection. Being summoned is like joining an online game. but summoning is hosting the game which means your ports have to be open for others to join in. If you open your port that you are using for your ps3 / xbox then you can summon. Otherwise your SOL.

myalt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By myalt22

@ScreamingFist said:

I summoned him and he got fucked up so bad he got DEAD. I dunno if he is still on the bridge, I have to get out of Blighttown first......guess I'll never know T_T

Yep, same here. I NEVER saw him again :(

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @myalt22 said:

@ScreamingFist said:

Yep, same here. I NEVER saw him again :(

He does not die if his phantom is defeated.
    You can meet him later on in a coupe of other levels to help out with other bosses.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By shirogane

@xobballox said:

I wish there was an emote where you pulled out a revolver and Russian roulette'd yourself so I could do that when I summon other players that just screw up my boss fights (for example, killing Smough first in that fight makes it a lot harder, at least for me, and the other dudes I summoned did that right as I was swinging the finishing blow on the spear dude).

But....Ornstein's armor is so much cooler, and if you kill him last, you can buy his armor.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Marz

didn't know he could be summoned for that boss,  It was way too easy anyways and i was cursed with half health and everything.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Humanity

@McShank said:

@Humanity: It has everything to do with your connection. Being summoned is like joining an online game. but summoning is hosting the game which means your ports have to be open for others to join in. If you open your port that you are using for your ps3 / xbox then you can summon. Otherwise your SOL.

Yah I'll have to try that cause as much as I like helping out with bosses it's sometimes 3 minutes between summons and sometimes 15.

Also I don't remember if this happened in Demons Souls but I noticed you don't get the drops from the fight when you're a phantom. I'm a little miffed that I'll never get that Dragon Axe even if I'd never have used it just like the Gargoyle Tail Axe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.