Prepare To Die Edition for PC on Sale for $20 on Amazon!

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

I've been playing this on 360 since right after it launched, and now I can finally trade that copy in because...DARK SOULS ACQUIRED...FOR PC!

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition is currently on sale for $19.90 on Amazon today. It's a Steam code, so you Steam lovers should be happy. Don't have to wait for Black Friday or Christmas sales now. Very pleased. = D

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Edition-Online/dp/B00917DBUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351615751&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+souls+prepare+to+die+edition

#2 Edited by L1GHTN1N (481 posts) -

There were a lot of issues surrounding the PC port but almost all of them have been fixed by the community, if you get it make sure to get the dsfix which GREATLY improves performance, higher resolutions, unlocked framerate, and overall makes it the game it should have been. There's also a ton of mods over at Nexus Mods which can further tweak graphics, KB/M controls, and UI stuff.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4739 posts) -

Just started a 2nd playthrough on ps3 but anyone who doesn't have the game take advantage. One of the best games this generation I think

#4 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@L1GHTN1N said:

There were a lot of issues surrounding the PC port but almost all of them have been fixed by the community, if you get it make sure to get the dsfix which GREATLY improves performance, higher resolutions, unlocked framerate, and overall makes it the game it should have been. There's also a ton of mods over at Nexus Mods which can further tweak graphics, KB/M controls, and UI stuff.

KB/M controls? who would try and play DS with a keyboard and mouse.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

@L1GHTN1N: Yeah, I've been doing a lot of research on the mods and stuff that have come out to make sure that once I do have it on the PC, I'll have an optimal experience. Just built this new PC, so I've been on a PC game binge lately. Just been waiting for this to get cheap so I could pick it up.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

@Bell_End: Someone like me who doesn't have a wired Xbox 360 controller or a PC gamepad to play it with until they go out and buy one. I'm not spending the ridiculous amount of money that Microsoft wants to charge for their controllers...especially when the bastards are an almost seven year old design.

#7 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Bell_End: Someone like me who doesn't have a wired Xbox 360 controller or a PC gamepad to play it with until they go out and buy one. I'm not spending the ridiculous amount of money that Microsoft wants to charge for their controllers...especially when the bastards are an almost seven year old design.

hmm im not sure id class £20 as ridiculas amount of money.

#8 Posted by Nights (615 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up, one of my friends was looking to get this game on the cheap. As if $40 wasn't already a fair deal...

If there's anyone out there contemplating on whether or not they should buy Dark Souls, just do it. It's a fantastic game.

#9 Edited by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

OH WOW! It's still $20?! LOL

@Bell_End said:

@jakob187 said:

hmm im not sure id class £20 as ridiculas amount of money.

For controllers that are based on seven-year-old designs and manufacturing parts? Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous.

Nonetheless, I have now learned that I HAVE to get a gamepad. This game is nigh unplayable with KB/M. What the fuck were they THINKING when they made those PC controls?!

#10 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@jakob187: Pretty sure you already know this but if you've got a PS3 controller you can always hook that up to your PC and use MotionJoy to get it working. Also, I think there's a mod on DarkSoulsNexus that fixes the mouse but I haven't tried it myself so I can't tell you how effective that is.

#11 Posted by Stokes (194 posts) -

I'm still debating as to whether I want to get this for PC or just get the DLC for the 360. I've got a save on the Xbox that I've beaten the game like 3 times with (so NG+++). PC version is $5 more than the DLC alone on the 360. I'm just not sure I want to go back through building up my character for the DLC.

#12 Edited by believer258 (11984 posts) -

@Stokes said:

I'm still debating as to whether I want to get this for PC or just get the DLC for the 360. I've got a save on the Xbox that I've beaten the game like 3 times with (so NG+++). PC version is $5 more than the DLC alone on the 360. I'm just not sure I want to go back through building up my character for the DLC.

In Skyrim, you can transfer your save from the 360 version to the PC version, and I'm pretty sure there are other games where it's possible as well. Maybe you could do this with Dark Souls?

EDIT: Anyway, too bad this couldn't have waited a week. I would have bought it. Unfortunately, while I do have the money I don't feel comfortable spending it yet.

#13 Posted by jakob187 (21690 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@jakob187: Pretty sure you already know this but if you've got a PS3 controller you can always hook that up to your PC and use MotionJoy to get it working. Also, I think there's a mod on DarkSoulsNexus that fixes the mouse but I haven't tried it myself so I can't tell you how effective that is.

The mouse isn't really the problem I have with the PC controls, lol. It's the part where they just generally suck nutsacks.

As for the PS3 controller, I had no clue. I literally own none of these types of controllers. If I could hook up some PS2 controllers, we might be in business.

#14 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

More like prepare to buy edition. Thanks for the heads up.

#15 Edited by Wampa1 (707 posts) -

Damn, wish this deal was up for the UK store, really been wanting to try this.

Edit: You can get it on Green man gaming for £18 with the 25% off code. That a fair price?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.