Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Quelaag's FurySword

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NekuCTR

This sword is AMAZING.

(For those that don't know, you can get it fairly early using quelaag's soul and a 10+ curved sword)

It scales with Dexterity which is my favored stat, has fire damage, scales with easily gathered humanity, and best of all instead of the stupid kick you do a fucking back flip. Tell me about a better weapon and my head may explode.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi
    @NekuCTR: Backflips are cool and all but when you spend  a fair chunk of the game fighting on perilous ledges the kick actually can serve you very well.
    Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

@Demoskinos: and if your unlucky Enough that back flip kick thing could be the end of yourself. its happened lost 40k after going off an edge a bit too high

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James5955

I didn't get my Quelaag sword to +5, just +1. However I made a Lightning Iato Sword today and my mind has been blown.

When looking at my stats it says the sword does 488 damage total. Around 240 of that is physical, and around 240 is lightning. It's fast, takes up little stamina, and it's move set is even good for narrow hallways. I did a successful parry against one of the cleric guys in the forest today with it and hit them for somewhere around 880 damage. Invaded a few worlds today and while it may not be insanely strong like some of the other gigantic weapons in the game, it hits really hard for how fast it swings, once I get that red orb and can invade without people knowing... oh boy, can't wait to get up behind someone and backstab them with that baby.

edit: Just killed someone in 3 hits with it, one sprinting stab and two 2 handed light swings, the stab alone did a little over 700 damage, more than half of the guys health.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Stahlbrand

I've been playing with spears almost exclusively, but I made this sword on a whim, and when I went to the New Londo Ruins I found it was great against the ghosts, good crowd control, and I think they must be weak to fire. My spears were getting me killed in close quarters against foes that can pass through walls. I just upgraded it to +5 before calling it a day for the game, haven't taken it to battle yet.. Most other unique soul weapons are out of my grasp, because I have low STR and MAG scores. I also upped my winged spear to +12 now that I have the ember. Between the Furysword and the spear I might have to start putting points in DEX again.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By OroJackson

-Nevermind-

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vashyron

@OroJackson said:

Ninja backflips have nothing to do with Furysword or Dex, you're wearing a ring that allows you to do that

Acutally, the special attack on Quelaag's Fury changes the kick attack to a swing that is followed by a backflip.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By imsh_pl
    @OroJackson: Not correct, some weapons lack the kick in exchange for a backflip. The earliest example of this might be the scimitar.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do i need the blacksmith in Undead Parish to get these?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Can I get this weapon by using quelaag's souls at any time? I have a curved blade +10 just don't want to waste the soul by accident.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Hooded

AWESOME, I just killed her and have her soul, so I will save it and use it with a nice sword at some point.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By OroJackson

@CrazyBagMan: @ImmortalSaiyan: You need to use the Golem Blacksmith in Anor Londo to make all demon weapons

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By McShank

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Can I get this weapon by using quelaag's souls at any time? I have a curved blade +10 just don't want to waste the soul by accident.

blacksmith in anor londo..

If you use one of the souls, you get Souls not a weapon.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm working on getting Quelaag's Furysword, but for some reason the game isn't letting me reinforce my Falchion past +5.  It won't even show me what items I need to upgrade it.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuCTR

@Spoonman671: You have to ascend it at a blacksmith using the materials for the next upgrade session ( in the case of +6 - +10 it's a large titanite shard.) also you need the large ember to do it.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NekuCTR
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:

I have to ask, what does the +10 stand for?
    James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By James5955

@Sackmanjones said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

+# is how many times it's been reinforced. You need to reinforce a weapon 10 times before you can make a boss weapon with it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @James5955 said:

@Sackmanjones said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

+# is how many times it's been reinforced. You need to reinforce a weapon 10 times before you can make a boss weapon with it.

Ok and you do this with the tantirte and stuff you find at blacksmiths?
    James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By James5955

@Sackmanjones said:

@James5955 said:

@Sackmanjones said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Ok and you do this with ti tantirte and stuff you find at blacksmiths?

Yes. You need to find embers to allow you to reinforce or imbue weapons. The smith at Anor Lando is the one you have to go to for making boss weapons/lightning weapons.

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Theresonlyone

That sword is so fucking overpowered it's not true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.