Quelaag's Furysword Problem! :<

#1 Posted by Watezet (9 posts) -

Hi there!

So far ive gotten my Falchion +10 and the Soul of Quelaag, but the smith wont let me modify it? What am i doing wrong?

Am i missing something? It doesnt even show up :<

#2 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Watezet: Are you at the correct smith? Only the smith in Anor Londo can upgrade it to Quelaag's Fury Sword.

#3 Posted by Watezet (9 posts) -

@Cincaid: Oh god, its not that "Andrei" Big bulky guy near the church? ;o

#4 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Watezet: Afraid not, the smith you're looking for are waaaays off. First Sen's Fortress, then Anor Londo, then finding the dude. Sorry. :(

#5 Posted by Watezet (9 posts) -

Fml! XD Just hoped i could get that drake sword replaced, getting sick of it :P

#6 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@Watezet said:

Fml! XD Just hoped i could get that drake sword replaced, getting sick of it :P

replace it then! I got that thing but I never used it longer than an hour. Don't just use a weapon because it's the best

#7 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

There's a pretty awesome spear in Sen's that'll do 320 damage once you grab it. That should tide you over until you get your fury sword.

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Watezet: As you have Quelaag's Soul I guess you've rung both bells? Your next destination should then be Sen's Fortress (huge gate near the blacksmith you first mentioned). There's a mimic chest quite early in that area that drops a kickass Lightning Spear when killed. When upgraded a little bit it's a LOT better than the Drake Sword, at least I think so, and that one can be upgraded easily.

#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -
@StealthRaptor:  Where is this at?
#10 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: The mimic has it, as Cincaid described. It does 160 physical and 160 lightning damage.

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -
@StealthRaptor:  Does it do both of those at the same time, just curious? and do you happen to know where the blacksmith that can upgrade from boss souls is? Is he in Sens fortress?
#12 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@StealthRaptor: Does it do both of those at the same time, just curious? and do you happen to know where the blacksmith that can upgrade from boss souls is? Is he in Sens fortress?

Yes it does both at the same time. The blacksmith is in Anor Londo, past Sen's Fortress, and he's a real pain in the ass to find.

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@StealthRaptor: so i can get odins spear =D YYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#14 Posted by Mariek430 (409 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@StealthRaptor: Does it do both of those at the same time, just curious? and do you happen to know where the blacksmith that can upgrade from boss souls is? Is he in Sens fortress?

Right before the last boss in Anor Londo, you'll have to make your way around a large room with a silver knight dragonslayer archer guy, and two giant sparta lookin dudes, on your way to the silver knight archer you'll come across some stairs that lead down, you can hear him hammering at the top of the stairs.

Also don't fight the two white goblin lookin guys to close to him, might smack him

#15 Posted by McShank (1630 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: He is past sen's fortress in Anor Londo, he is HUGE and you wont be able to miss him.

#16 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Man, the Furysword was a huge waste of my money. Just spent around 55k souls to make one and upgrade it to +3 and it does half the damage of my Lightning Serpent-man Greatsword +3 :(

#17 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

@xobballox: quelaags sword uses dex where as the man serpent greatsword uses strength .. if you are wieldign that then of course youre better with it .. unless you have equal str and dex , but then the argument that the quelaags furysword is faster attack =2hits in the time it takes to make 1 hit with the greatsword ...

aanyway .. comparing dex and str weapons is like comparing apples and oranges

#18 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@envane: I know, but the Serpent-man Greatsword I have is lightning, so it has no scaling at all. I was hoping it would do around 400 total damage (the furysword), since my greatsword is 536 or something and then the speed would make up for it, but I think the total damage is like 320 - 340 or something. It may still have its uses, however, if there happens to be enemies weak to fire but not lightning.

#19 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

with my 50 dex build , and over 50 humanity , quelaag's furysword is 538 total mainhand damage etc ... the only thing that outclasses that is a similarly fast , or faster lightning weapon

but its really splitting hairs .. lightning is clearly the best weapon upgrade path , and quelaags furysword is probably the best boss soul item

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@envane said:

with my 50 dex build , and over 50 humanity , quelaag's furysword is 538 total mainhand damage etc ... the only thing that outclasses that is a similarly fast , or faster lightning weapon

but its really splitting hairs .. lightning is clearly the best weapon upgrade path , and quelaags furysword is probably the best boss soul item

yeah, for sure, I was just hoping for a bit more damage because Quelaag's is just so purdy :P

#21 Posted by Watezet (9 posts) -

Thanks for all the replies guys! Ive gotten the lightning spear, and its pretty cool! But spears seem lame to play with XD

#22 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

you can upgrade anything with lightning .. a popular lighting weapon i see alot is the man serpent greatsword dropped of the man serpents in sens fortress .. of course .. the lightning spear has half the upgrade work done for you :)

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

@envane: is it possible to get the sword the grey wolf uses???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.