Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Quick reinforcing Greataxe question

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So I'm currently at the Ornstein and Smough fight, and I've realised I need a much stronger weapon than my Raw Battle Axe +5.

I've been using Titanite Shards to get the Greataxe up, but after +5 it's disappeared off my Reinforce list, but has not been added to the Modify Equipment list? I've just bought a Large Titanite Shard to upgrade it to +6, but I can't find the damn thing!

Any help is most appreciated, cheers! :D

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sogeman

@shalashaskauk666: you need the large ember from where the butcher is (depths I think) to reinforce beyond +5. Very large ember for more than 10.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks man! I already have the Large one, but I think the 'Great Blacksmith' or whatever you call the giant guy in Anor Londo can't smith basic weapons above +5, you have to return to Astaire or whatever he's called right next to Sen's Fortress! :D

I've realised that my best bet is to grind out a good 80,000 souls from the huge giant knight chaps, and +5 my Black Knight Sword so it's attack will be 330!! In my game the Black Knights never dropped the halberd, so this is the next best thing from what I've been reading!

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to get on with that game. Just started over after not moving past the Gargoyles on my first run. But I have a holiday coming up and nothing but time.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sogeman: It's definitely the most love/hatey game I've ever come across. I've never had such overwhelming and passionately incendiary reactions to losing to things over and over, only to have this crazy life-affirming rush of euphoria and adrenaline when I finally beat something!

Totally worth it though, and in many ways is the quintessential video gamer's video game, which will make more sense when you get more into it! :D

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I get the game. I just fell off the last time. I like to do that, start, play like 10 hours and then stop.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By audioBusting

Yep, you need to return to the other blacksmith to upgrade to +6. The Sen's Fortress shortcut makes the trip rather trivial.

For what it's worth, I tried using Black Knight Sword with my tank character to beat them but ended up succeeding with a +10 Zweihander instead. The damage per hit and range are a bit better.

ThePinkKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you're stuck in Anor Londo and you need to grind out souls, there's always the option of jolly-cooperation! 25,000 souls every time you beat Biggie Smalls as a white phantom is nothing to sneeze at.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.