Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Ranking up with Darkwrath

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By James5955

When talking to Kaathe (the thing you talk to in order to join Darkwrath) I see that I'm able to donate humanity. I know I need to have 10 victories in order to get the red orb, however I'm not sure if donating humanity is necessary or not. What does it do? What can you get from giving humanity to Darkwrath?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By white

According to what I read at Gamefaqs, 1 Humanity donated is equivalent to killing someone via invasion. So yeah, it's sort of a shortcut.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By James5955

Ok awesome thanks, sure as hell beats spending a fortune on cracked red orbs only to have a few succeed and be thrown into a 1v3 lol.

Must've spent 100k on those today, and only got a handful of fights, only won a few :(

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James5955

Another question related to Darkwrath.. If I leave their covenant for another, will they hold a grudge? Will I have to get pardoned if I wish to rejoin Darkwrath? I really want the fog ring but didn't get it before I joined them.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By white

I'm not sure about that, but I did rejoin the Way of the White everytime I had a chance to, so take that information as how you want.

You can get the Ring of Fog from Snuggly if you give him a Lantern, if you're too lazy (or the game totally broke on you) to kill 3 dudes from the forest.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By James5955

Ok cool thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@James5955: Pretty sure you can leave via the priest at the bottom of the first bell tower (where you fight the gargoyles) without penalty. But who knows, maybe that covenant is an exception--they are chaotic evil after all. :P

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

@James5955: Leaving will put you in the Book of the Guilty. But it won't make them hostile against you.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Nadril

I just gave 10 humanity to get the Red Eye Orb myself. Ran around town draining NPC's. Strangely they didn't get mad the first time I did it. Did end up pissing off the cleric guy and his crew though lol.  

Now I'm wondering where the fuck all the ~100 lvl players are so I can gank them. I was getting a ton of PvP in the forest but nothing recently. Sucks if I acidently leveled "too much". 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Nadril: I've hear optimal PvP range is 50-70 with 55-60 being the sweet spot.

That will probably change with time, I imagine right now that's mostly because the game is still very new.
    James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By James5955

@LordXavierBritish: Yah I guess so, I'm level 57 and getting a few PvP fights every 10 minutes.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nadril
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    @Nadril: I've hear optimal PvP range is 50-70 with 55-60 being the sweet spot.  That will probably change with time, I imagine right now that's mostly because the game is still very new.
    Well that sucks. I hope it changes soon... 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I feel like joining this covenant, but I also feel like talking to Frampt so I can sell stuff. Decisions...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    I feel like joining this covenant, but I also feel like talking to Frampt so I can sell stuff. Decisions...
    selling stuff is not all it's cracked out to be
    you don't get that much souls
    only unique weapons go for anything significant
    and even that much can be farmed easily in a few minutes

but that Darkwraith armor looks BAD ASS
    /cry
    James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By James5955

@Tennmuerti said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
    selling stuff is not all it's cracked out to be you don't get that much souls only unique weapons go for anything significant and even that much can be farmed easily in a few minutes but that Darkwraith armor looks BAD ASS /cry

Yah I was disapointed by the small amount of souls for anything I wanted to sell, a lot of 50's lol.

I know man.. That armor... 7 more successful invasions!

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nadril
    @Tennmuerti said:
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    selling stuff is not all it's cracked out to be you don't get that much souls only unique weapons go for anything significant and even that much can be farmed easily in a few minutes  but that Darkwraith armor looks BAD ASS /cry
    Yeah frampt is pretty useless. 

So speaking of darkwraiths... I need some more NPC's to drain humanity from. I accidently killed the ones I was doing it to earlier. (they don't attack first time you do it, but if you do it too much in a row they will).  

Also I'm pretty pumped, found some PvP action even at 2am at Anor Londo. I killed Gwyn so the blademoon guys are coming at me. Seems like they are generally higher level than the people who joined forest hunters. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.