Reinforce Estus Flask

#1 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

I just got the fire keeper's soul from the Parish and see that I can now use it at the firekeeper girl to "Reinforce Estus Flasks"

Would u guys kindly let me know: Is this a permanent thing that permanently makes all my estus flasks after I refil them time and time again more powerful? or is this just a one time use thing for one set of estus? I just wanna know if this is something im supposed to do to help asap or if I should use it on me instead tho that seems like a waste, thanks xD

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Yes, it is permanent. You should absolutely fortify it AT ANOTHER FIREKEEPER.

There's 4 "free" ones in the game.

#3 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

At another firekeeper? but not the girl under firelink? or do you just mean at any. Thanks for the pro tip... lol so many plots and things in this game!!

SPOILER:

I received a tip from a friend just now on Skype to kill the guy in Golden armor (Lautrec) after freeing him and once he is in Firelink shrine in order to stop him murdering the fire keeper, however I went to read about it and it seems he can be found and killed later in the game which restores that firekeepers soul and allows me access to his suit of armor. Can I still locate his suit of armor if I kill him early before the murder? What would u suggest? Kill him early or let him kill the girl and restore her soul the hard way? I hear u get a badass ring from him so I am tempted to kill him early tho dont know how tough the fight is

#4 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

You don't get his armor if you kill him before he kills the fire keeper. You wont need that bonfire once the murder happens as you'll be far away from it. Once you need it again you would have already found him (the game will let you know) and killed him. At that point you would use the the fire keeper soul to bring her back to life.

#5 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Bassario said:

At another firekeeper? but not the girl under firelink? or do you just mean at any. Thanks for the pro tip... lol so many plots and things in this game!!

SPOILER:

I received a tip from a friend just now on Skype to kill the guy in Golden armor (Lautrec) after freeing him and once he is in Firelink shrine in order to stop him murdering the fire keeper, however I went to read about it and it seems he can be found and killed later in the game which restores that firekeepers soul and allows me access to his suit of armor. Can I still locate his suit of armor if I kill him early before the murder? What would u suggest? Kill him early or let him kill the girl and restore her soul the hard way? I hear u get a badass ring from him so I am tempted to kill him early tho dont know how tough the fight is

Let Lautrec do his thing. You can get to Andre's fire within like 30 seconds of Firelink, and use it as a "home base" until you find Lautrec.

You ultimately get more shit in the long run by leaving him alone.

#6 Posted by Humanity (9581 posts) -

@Terramagi: He reminds me of Yurt the Silent Chief from Demons Souls only his armor isn't nearly as cool looking or as good statwise.

#7 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Terramagi: He reminds me of Yurt the Silent Chief from Demons Souls only his armor isn't nearly as cool looking or as good statwise.

Yeah, Yurt was a real piece of work.

I know that, and I never even found the guy.

Lautrec is nowhere near as... subtle about it though.

#8 Posted by Humanity (9581 posts) -

@Terramagi: If you beat Demons Souls surely you must have ran into him. You basically need to free him from a cage in order to progress in 3-2. To this day 3-1, one of the most chilling "Souls" "levels" in my opinion. Every other place you know you can expect tough enemies - but the combination of the architecture, the constant wailing of the prisoners and those Cthulhu wardens with their lanterns is just terrifying in a Souls game.

#9 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Terramagi: If you beat Demons Souls surely you must have ran into him. You basically need to free him from a cage in order to progress in 3-2. To this day 3-1, one of the most chilling "Souls" "levels" in my opinion. Every other place you know you can expect tough enemies - but the combination of the architecture, the constant wailing of the prisoners and those Cthulhu wardens with their lanterns is just terrifying in a Souls game.

No, I literally never found him.

I must've just been looking at something else.

#10 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1008 posts) -

You may only reinforce the estus flask 7 times with Firekeeper's souls. Past that, just start using the souls for yourself. 

#11 Posted by gtar (22 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Nope, you can completely miss the platform he's on and proceed through the level without ever running into him. There are other chain elevators that go down to the area at the base of the Citadel. Yurt is on a platform with the colored glowing stones about half-way through 3-2.

#12 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

i just ran into the stupid issue of using anastacias soul to reinforce my flask , then went back to firelink ad was liek DUHH OOPS ? she dead for this game or can i find random other fire keeper soul and use it ?

#13 Posted by gtar (22 posts) -

@envane said:

i just ran into the stupid issue of using anastacias soul to reinforce my flask , then went back to firelink ad was liek DUHH OOPS ? she dead for this game or can i find random other fire keeper soul and use it ?

You can bring her back from the dead, but there are also other Fire Keepers with which you can use the soul.

#14 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

@gtar: well i know that .. i was just interested if it was that specific fire keepers soul that ressurects her .. or if any will do .. but i guess i can look for that info elsewhere than someone elses question thread ehhe

#15 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

Lol no that's ok I dont mind xD I'm heading home in a bit and I am still really tempted to kill this golden prick because I really want his ring, and as far as I understand the only benefit of doing it the hard way is his suit of armor and I am not that super keen on it. Can anyone confirm if there are other benefits of not killing Lautrec early other than his armor?

#16 Posted by Dprotp (49 posts) -

if you don't kill him and revive anastacia, you'll eventually get a free max kindling (estus flask x 20) if you talk to her after a certain action involving the lordvessel.

#17 Posted by mosespippy (4285 posts) -

@Bassario: When you kill him later on he will drop a souvenir of reprisal, his ring, Anastacia's Soul and you get 5 humanity plus you can pick up his armour later on. Killing him now only gets you the ring.

#18 Posted by Bassario (146 posts) -

Lol thanks, I guess I will let her die :( I wish I had never heard my friends advice to kill him in the first place xD I am really gonna miss my 10 estus bonfire at this stage tho, just got to the proper entrance to Blighttown via Depths. I hate that place already, and I already dreaded it so much when I found the back door early in the game.

#19 Posted by Dark (390 posts) -

by the time you get the lord vessel you should have so much humanity and the rite of kindling anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.